Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Inspection Day 2: Yogo Boogaloo (Dog 6, Afternoon)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:34 pm 

This inspection day had been a little bit different than the previous one, as she had spent more time going from ship to ship to deliver and recieve missives on behalf of the Captain and First Mate with the crew of Amaterasu's Grace, rather than spending time with the ship they had connected to.

Another duty carried her over to the (space battleship) Yamato Maru, but not for a family visit this time like it had been on the previous inspection day: as one of the Imperial chaperones, it was also her duty to provide advise and guidance to the many betrothed samurai in the fleet. The captain of Yamato Maru she had been informed was engaged to the flame-haired Yogo.

Stepping on deck, Utsusemi waited patiently until the captain was available, casting a few looks about to see how the ship and crew was holding up. Or maybe catch a glimpse of Sanjuro.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Inspection Day 2: Yogo Boogaloo (Dog 6, Afternoon)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:37 pm 

After a few minutes, Rokuro emerged from the first deck, the enclosed segment beneath the wheelhouse.

Seeing the Agasha, he bowed, and offered, "Good Afternoon, Agasha-san. How can I help you?"

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:46 pm 

The Agasha, clad in simple grey-green cotton kimono and practical hakama, bowed to the captain of the ship with all the respect his station demanded. "Suzume-kancho, good afternoon."

"Merely a courtesy visit," she said, rising from her bow, "as the Imperial chaperone for this expedition." It would be crude to say out loud that he or his crew needed someone to watch over them directly, or that he needed some advise. "If it is not a suitable time to speak, it can always wait, of course. I understand well the many duties of a captain that requires your time."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm 

Seemingly surprised by the respect she was showing him, he offered a disarming smile.

"On the contrary, Agasha-san, my crew has matters in hand, and my first officer is handling the inspection."

He gestured toward the first deck, if she wished to speak inside.

"Is there anything in particular you wished to discuss?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:04 pm 

Following the captain's direction, she kept a steady pace. For such a delicate looking woman, she seemed to have adjusted well to the life at sea.

"Ah, would that be Yogo-san?" There was something amusing to the pairing of a captain and his second-in-command being his betrothed as well. "I have had the chance to speak with her a few times, a very remarkable young lady. I trust the sea life is not too troubling for your betrothal? Miya-sama expressed that she wished for me to offer my counsel and guidance to the many engaged couples heading out for this expedition, as she is not able to fill such a role herself."

Yep, it was very obvious what she had come to speak about.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:19 pm 

Ah...

"Of course... well, I wouldn't say sea life is causing trouble..."

Rokuro opened the door, a gaijin style affair on heavy hinges. The short hallway had doors on each side, and then one on the end. Striding to it, he opened it to reveal what was obviously meant to be the captain's quarters, a spacious room now dominated by a large table holding maps, a few lingering sacks of supplies, a wooden divider in the corner, and a door on the far side which opened onto the small aft deck.

"Please pull up a cushion. "

He swept aside some of the maps, which were largely useless, given the blank spaces the fleet now inhabited, clearing a bit of space. "Would you like Tea?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:51 pm 

Some things are the same in all ships, she mused as she noted the interior. Sealife didn't allow too much in terms of living in luxury, but she figured the Imperial prince probably had it pretty good on his ship.

Finding a pillow to sit, she gave a nod. "If it's not too much trouble, tea would be lovely, thank you."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:01 pm 

Rokuro nodded, and strode back to the door, knocking sharply on the wood. A sailor appeared moments later, as if by magic, and was dispatched for hot water.

Then Rokuro moved to the divider, pulling it aside long enough to reveal a walk in closet, in which a bedroll, armor stand, folded kimono, a pale blue and gray daisho on a stand, and various small packages could all be seen, neatly stacked.

Sorting through the packages he found tea, and then returned, carefully sliding the divider back in front of the entrance to his alcove to avoid knocking anything over.

As he waited for hot water, he inquired, "So did anything in particular cause you concern, regarding Yogo-Shusa?" He sounded like he was digging a little, as if wondering what rumors might be floating about.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:06 pm 

"Hm," she seemed to drag out the thoughtful sound. "I cannot claim to know her very well, but she seems a very nice person, if a little guarded."

Then there was the whole ugly reputation of the Yogo-family to continue.

"No particular concern, though, Suzume-kancho, you can rest assured. As far as I know, there is nothing ill being said about your intended - mostly that she seems very dedicated to her duties, as much to the Yogo as she is to the Jade office. But I am certain you two have become more acquainted with looking after this ship together... I'd almost say it is a good start for learning to work together for when you are wed."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:26 pm 

"That was, I think, part of the consideration in our assignment."

He drummed his fingers on the table. "She is certainly concerned about her duties and her family situation. So much so that it can be difficult to determine how best to support her in those duties and concerns."

A faint smile. "I suppose those concerns are common among newly betrothed, Agasha-san must certainly have heard as much many times before."

Knocking from the door indicated the water had come, so he rose and retrieved it, before dismissing the man with a nod.

Settling back by the table, he broke off some of the dried leaves, rolled into tiny balls, and set them to steep.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:38 pm 

"A few times, yes," Utsusemi chuckled warmly, "and have been there myself. It is always a challenge to be promised to someone you know little of beforehand."

As Rokuro was the host, Utsu would have to settle for him handling the tea... it was just such an instinct for her to be the one to do the task.

"Knowing that she is a shugenja too, I can relate to your circumstances of not quite understanding all that she might be referring to sometimes." She knew it was hard to quite grasp all the power a shugenja could wield, and it had taken her a lot of time to adjust to personally.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:41 pm 

"Hai, and she is likewise concerned with spiritual matters... and the dangers that they pose. I'm afraid they're burdening her more than they could ever hurt me."

A soft sigh, as he poured two cups, no ceremony planned.

"I cannot imagine carrying that weight from birth. I'd like to learn to help her now, though... It's my duty as her husband to be, is it not?"

His own circumstances could be considered a heavy burden from a certain point of view as well, though Rokuro had always tried to look on the bright side.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:58 pm 

The Agasha nodded. "As it is hers to support you. A marriage takes effort from both parties, in terms of give and take."

If she was disappointed in no ceremony, she did not let it show. In truth, Utsusemi couldn't wait to get back on land to have a proper calm moment of tea.

"I will not inquire as to what burdens either of you might have, stepping into this, but sometimes it is for the better to share them with eachother - at least speak of them, even if not burdening eachother with it. Perhaps she merely does not wish to burden you too much?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:02 pm 

"We have... discussed them."

He looked troubled.

"You know the reputation of her family... I attempted to... downplay, the matter. I did not succeed."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:11 pm 

Oh.

She made a mental note to speak with Akarei at a more discreet time, perhaps when they reached shore.

"It is true it has cast a rather gloomy shadow on their Family as a whole." Understatement of the millenia for any Yogo. "I would not advise to downplay the issue, as it is one she is very aware of herself I would say, but perhaps approach her with an attempt to understand the situation better?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:34 am 

Rokuro nodded.

"Hai... I've made two attempts."

He glanced at the Dragon. "I think I've at least communicated my willingness to live with the risks, if such can give her any peace."

With a small shrug, he added, "I'm sure all new couples have their issues to resolve, even if they are less... supernatural in nature."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:40 am 

"There are always issues, yes," she said, keeping a light tone to give him some hope. "Would you perhaps want me to speak with her, see if she might confide in another woman about her concerns? If it would help the two of you, I would be happy to do so."

The poor girl need some happiness in her life.

"But on this ship, you have been able to work together for the great good, have you not? That is at least a place to start - a marriage is very much like a ship, if you want to get all metaphorical. It requires a lot of work and attention to keep it going, and underlying problems can grow and lead to bigger trouble."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:36 am 

"So far... hai. She is dutiful, and works hard."

With a faint smile, he shook his head. "She tests me, constantly... and sometimes I don't realize it. She's hard to read. I suppose being a Scorpion and a Woman, she would be."

Taking a sip of his tea, he added, "I'm not sure she would.... like... if she knew I was even talking about it." Something he should have realized sooner.

"It's something she has taken very personally. I know I can rely upon your discretion, Agasha-san."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:30 pm 

"Ah," she nodded, understanding of the situation and that Rokuro had said more than he should have. Oh well, on the bright side, it did show that he was concerned for Akarei's well-being, which was a positive sign, Utsusemi thought.

"Of course, everything is in the strictest confidentiality." She sipped her tea calmly. "Your concern for her is commendable, seeing as you have not known eachother for long. But you feel she will be a good wife for you and the Sparrow?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:43 pm 

Rokuro took another sip of his tea.

"I think she can be whatever she chooses to be."

A dry smirk.

"I'm certain that she will do her duty, regardless... only I hope I can convince her the Sparrow will not be bad for her."

Page 1 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next