Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Post subject: (Dog 6 A, Inspection 2) Heaven and Earth
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:23 pm 

Kenzo practically leaped aboard the other vessel, moving with greater energy than required. He liked to pace while he thought, and after a few weeks, he'd become intimately familiar with every inch of the Kunshu Maru. He wasn't sure how different the Yamato Maru would be, but he supposed he'd find out.

Moving away from the crowd, he began a circuit of the ship, moving along the outer rail.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: (Dog 6 A, Inspection 2) Heaven and Earth
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:26 pm 

The Yogo kept her eyes on a trade between the two ships. It appeared to her, at least, that one group would attempt to steal from the other. However, her attention was taken in by the Dragon shifting through her ship. "Mirumoto-san," she called out, "Is there anything I can help you with?" Once he came closer, she was able to give him a bow.

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:46 pm 

Kenzo's spirits seemed relatively high. He gave a graceful bow in return, smiling.

"Ah, Yogo-sama! This is a very fine ship you have here. Congratulations on your appointment." Another bow and smile.

He shook his head. "No, there's nothing I need, thank you. I was just getting some exercise. On a different deck for a change." He looked at her, his eyebrows going up. "Are you attending to duties just now?"

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:24 pm 

"Thank you," she stated with a faint smile. She was taken aback by the cheerful demeanor of the man. However, it at least fit her image of him that she had created since that day at the zoo. "I trust your appointment upon the Kunshu Maru has also been with its accolades."

The woman looked to her list and then back to the Dragon. "There is an inventory exchange occurring," she stated plainly, the charming nature of his enthusiasm losing its edge with her. Wha are his duties then? she pondered as she stared blankly at him.

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:28 pm 

"It has." Kenzo replied modestly. "I haven't started from quite so good a position, but I think I've managed to impress well enough. Or so I hope."

"Ah. Of course." Kenzo glanced over at the work being done. "Well, that hardly seems to occupy your whole attention. Perhaps I'll keep you company, then." He shifted his posture, clearly intent on staying for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:40 pm 

The priestess made no effort to stop his intentions, even if it was odd to her. She peered at her list and then back to the man. It took her a moment before she found a conversation that she had meant to ask about. "From what I recall, you are fond of various creatures. Do you know what happened with those humanoid-fish-beings?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:09 am 

Kenzo hesitated a moment, then shook his head. "They were very interesting creatures. Not quite my line of study, however. Their intelligence was clearly greater than that of even the most intelligent animal species."

He tilted his head, looking at her. "Actually... I had a similar sort of question for you, as long as we're both here. Ahhh..." He frowned, his forehead creasing, as he sought words. "Have you seen anything in the stars lately? Anything that might be relevant? Our conversation from before has been somewhat on my mind, recently."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:25 am 

"I see. I know they were trying to warn us, but the interpretations I made were vague," she admitted, "It is unfortunate that we were unable to speak to them longer."

The redhead let out a soft sigh. "The portents continue to warn me, Mirumoto-san. We may have narrowly avoided a battle with those creatures but the omens have not ceased."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:48 am 

"It is." Kenzo agreed. "Unfortunately, I suppose we needed to move along. Much could have been learned, and not just about whatever it is they were warning us about. How much contact has there even been between our two species? Fascinating!"

He cleared his throat, stepping a little closer. "I do not claim to have any understanding of this sort of thing." He admitted in a low voice. "As I am a man of science. But... do you find these twin warnings concerning at all?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:52 am 

The woman sighed. "Yes. There was much that could have been learned from them. If it were not for our limited rations, I might have been able to stay with them for a lifetime."

Akarei grew more silent and then let out a sigh. "That is a distinct possibility. However, I cannot come to that conclusion with any certainty.'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:16 am 

To the first, Kenzo just nodded. He could, of course, understand that sort of sentiment.

To the second, he sighed. "Yes. Unfortunately, I have even less expertise than you in these matters." He sighed again. "Well, it was a thought."

His expression brightened. "Well! I suppose we'll just have to continue to observe. How have you been finding command, otherwise?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:00 pm 

"I may have to devote more time to it," she concluded with a sigh.

The priestess crossed off a line of her agenda with some charcoal. "Command has been an interesting experience, Mirumoto-san. However, I have always been prepared for that reality."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:50 pm 

"Oh?" Kenzo said, his eyebrows going up. He pursed his lips for a few moments, considering. "I hope you don't mind my saying, Yogo-sama, but that surprises me a little bit. At our first meeting, I saw you as one who would walk her own path, alone."

He gave a half-bow. "Was I mistaken? Or... I suppose duty and what one would prefer rarely align."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:46 am 

The redhead's cheeks began to match her hair color. She buried her attention in her notes for a few moments as she gathered her willpower. Afterwards, she let out a soft sigh, and smiled weakly at him. "I wonder if we could have better planned this. More supplies would not have been unwarranted.

"But to answer your question, I do walk my own path. I simply have others follow along with it."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:57 am 

Kenzo's eyebrows went up at the flush in Akarei's cheeks. It took an extra moment for him to answer her first statement. "Perhaps... it seemed to me that the ships were crammed as tightly as possible before we left. I'm not sure how the method could have been improved upon. Except, I suppose, the development of larger vessels that travel just as quickly."

"Hah." He said. Smiling, he folded his arms across his chest. "That's a fine way of putting it." He sounded amused. "So... what is your path anyway, as you see it? If you don't mind my asking."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:11 am 

"Perhaps we should have fished more. Or perhaps replaced more with rations." The woman pondered on it and then shook her head. "We may need food with more essence to it. Otherwise we as mortals could have simply fed upon rations for the rest of our lives. No, there is something else to it."

Ultimately, she shrugged and moved on. "My purpose is to discover a way to rid my family of our Curse," she stated plainly, "There is nothing else that compares until I complete that duty."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:50 am 

Frowning, Kenzo nodded. "Hmmm. I wonder if there's something to that. I'll admit that I've been feeling a little undernourished lately, somehow. Perhaps that would be something that could be looked into for later voyages." His lips quirked. "Perhaps just more tea is the answer."

"Oh." Kenzo said, his eyebrows going up. "Goodness." He was silent for a few moments before giving her a respectful nod. "And... do you have a clue that leads you out here? Or a, uh, a sign?" His lips twisted a little at saying that. One could not doubt the evidence of kami and spirits, but it still felt a little strange to say.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:59 am 

"Perhaps. There may be worth in testing it." She thought about it a bit more. "Perhaps a tea that will supplement our food? I'll leave that to the Crane to discover."

The priestess gave an honest shrug. "No. It is my express hope that I will discover some gaijin magic or the like that will give me a lead. This is, after all, a centuries old problem. There is no harm in trying something new at this point."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:15 am 

"Hmmm..." Kenzo narrowed his eyes thoughtfully, but let the discussion move on.

Kenzo gave her a slow nod. "Yes. That makes sense. Yes. Good thinking. Hmmm." He rubbed thoughtfully at his chin. "At least, I suppose so. I simply don't know enough about the nature of the curse. Or about gaijin magic, for that matter."

He frowned at her. "Using proper scientific method might be difficult. After all, so far as I know, you're the only Yogo on the trip. Testing... wouldn't be easy." His eyebrows went up. "Have attempts been made to, ah, rigorously test the curse?"

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]