Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: (D4 EM) Oh! What a Day, What a Lovely Day!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:20 am 

The priestess finally let go of the rope and collapsed onto the deck. The entirety of her was soaking wet, her signature hair completely damp and dulled in color for the time being. She was forced to tear off her mask for a few moments to release some trapped water and rub out her eyes.

Her clothing too was in complete disarray, though she was certain that it would be a moot point to find some other clothing. Her treasured books and other possessions were likely sent away into the ocean. This is why I do not get along with the water kami...

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

Post subject: Re: (D4 EM) Oh! What a Day, What a Lovely Day!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:58 am 

In the wheelhouse, a sodden mass of ropes began to shift.

From within the tangled mess, Rokuro began to stir. He was sore, yet somehow, he began to think that he might be alive, and even more amazingly, nothing broken.

Struggling to his feet, he staggered, slipping back to the ground as the world spun.

So maybe he wasn't all that steady, just yet.

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:02 am 

Akarei let out a groan and got to her feet. She placed her mask onto her face and started to look around. "Suzume-sama! Seppun-sama! Shiba-san! Agasha-san!" The woman let out a sigh and began searching the deck. "Suzume-sama! Seppun-sama! Shiba-san! Agasha-san!"

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:08 am 

After a moment, he heard her voice.

Almost giddy with relief, at least someone else was alive. The ship wasn't empty...

Dragging himself upright, he pulled himself along the railing, and called out, hoarsely. "Yogo-san... I'm here."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:42 am 

The redhead nudged a sailor out of his slumber with her foot. "There is no time to waste. We need to ready ourselves and regroup with the rest of the fleet." She then looked over to her captain and stared for a few moments. She took a breath and walked forward. "Captain. I had thought that..."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:05 am 

From his position at the top of the steps, Rokuro pondered, in a detached sort of way, if he would be physically able to bound down and hug her.

Realizing that it was beyond him, he settled for propping himself against the railing, and asking, "... what?"

Now if the ship would stop flashing all the pretty colors, he'd be very glad.

Also if the smell of seaweed and brine would get out of his nose.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:18 am 

The woman looked to the rest of the crew and then back to her betrothed. "Nothing, captain. We should discover who went overboard and discover how best we can find them."

She squeezed some water out of her hair. "It may do us some good to address the crew as well."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:26 am 

It almost hurt, that she didn't seem to even be excited to see him.

Then he sighed, and nodded.

"Crew... well done. Let's get this mess cleaned up."

Slowly, gingerly, he began descending the stairs, letting his balance come back slowly.

"I'm glad you're all right, Yogo-san, it seemed a little bleak."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:06 am 

The Scorpion walked up to help him down the stairs, lightly, and whispered, "I saw you stumbling about, Rokuro-san. I thought you had fallen overboard." There was true concern in her voice, though as soon as they got to the bottom she went back to being distant. "What're your orders, captain?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:44 pm 

He did a good job of hiding his surprise at her comment, less so his embarrassment at having appeared so hopeless. "I got lucky..."

Still, he kept himself composed as he steadied himself at the foot of the stairs.

"Pull in closer to shore, and weigh anchor. We have some supplies laid by, so let's get things patched up. I want us ready to sail if called on... and someone get a head count. Find out who's missing."

(3 koku of repair supplies, some of it may be left on board or salvageable for repairs)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm 

"Let's hope your luck continues then."

Akarei glanced to the rest of the crew and then nodded. "I will continue my search for the rest of the crew then. I hope our supplies are in good order. If not, then we may need to scavenge on the island." She paused. "Or negotiate with any locals, if there are any. If there are, I will leave those duties to you, captain."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:44 pm 

"Hai, thank you."

He took a deep breath, and then gestured to his quarters.

"I'll be inside when you are ready to report."

That said, he limped inside and took stock of the damage, honestly shocked by what he was seeing.

The waves had swept through and taken everything, leaving only a few strands of mocking seaweed wrapped around the doorframe. Grabbing them, he tossed them angrily from the back of the ship, and then stepped out onto the rear deck.

Nothing, just the rolling waves.

Damn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:36 pm 

Eventually, the priestess returned to his quarters with a frown on her face. "I have been unable to track down the higher-ranking samurai aboard our vessel. Seppun Hikari-sama, Shiba Isamu-san, and Agasha Sanjuro-san did not remain aboard the vessel.

"However, the rest of the crew is in an operational state. While it is a shame to lose any sailor, it appears that we have not lost our main capabilities. Once the ship is back in order, we will be able to resume our duties as the rearguard."

The woman let out a morbid chuckle. "It would appear we are better able at securing our weapons than our own subordinates."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:10 pm 

Rokuro had risen from where he sat, but as she listed those missing, sat back down with a heavy sigh.

"Perhaps those that were bolted down, but everything I packed is gone."

He gestured to the closet he had been living in, now scourged of all but scraps by the waves.

"It would seem anyone above deck was lucky to survive; and anything above deck was lucky not to be washed away."

Rubbing the bridge of his nose, he added, "You aren't injured, are you? I did some stretches, and I'm somehow... just bruised. I can scarcely believe it."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:36 pm 

"I imagine my belongings are gone as well. Perhaps this is a sign that I should change to an ascetic lifestyle."

She held her side for a brief moment and then looked to him. "I have endured worse injuries. But I must admit the pain is apparent."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:40 am 

Rokuro looked concerned.

"Is there anything I can do to help? I'm sure I could make some bandages..."

Glancing at the waterlogged cabin, he muttered, "and I thought I knew what I was doing..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:07 am 

"I suppose my medicine kit is probably gone away," she stated, "And I never acquired a spell that healed wounds. Illnesses and the like, certainly, but never bruises."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:06 pm 

"You can do that?"

He sounded surprised.

"I... never knew. The Sparrow don't really have any Shugenja."

Casting about for some cloth, he added, "I heard some shugenja could even control the weather... is that true?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 pm 

"We as a collective can do a great many things, though some feats are much more difficult. If I had the ability to manipulate the weather more fully then I could have relaxed the storm."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:10 am 

"It's almost impossible to believe anyone could do something against kind of fury."

He gazed at the waves through the rear door-frame, now missing a door.

"Still... no point dwelling on what-if. I'll get some cool water, and we can make sure you're all right."

Striding to the door onto the main deck, he opened it, ordering a passing sailor to fetch some scraps of cloth, wood, and clean water.

When the man had gone, he turned back to Akarei, smiling a little more wearily. "I've no magic powers, but I'll do my best."

Page 1 of 2 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next