Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: All that is broken [D4, LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:56 am 

Finally, Hikari made it back to her ship, and then her cabin, in order to inspect the damage. She was still pretty hurt, but that would resolve itself in time. Her belongings however... well, some of them were unsalvageable. Her tea set in particular had been completely smashed. Other belongings were merely soaked, like her clothes. Those probably wouldn't ever be in a state where she could wear them at winter court with confidence again, but a good drying and cleaning should have them back toward a functional state at least, so that's what she was busy doing.

Post subject: Re: All that is broken [D4, LA]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:04 am 

His sister finally decided to pay a visit to Hikari on board the Yamato. This has been a busy strange day and Hinami has not heard anything about her sister. Of course she was worried about her, but between the meeting with the gaijin oficials and with the Prince, her mind was totally in disarray and did not had time to look for her earlier.

She knocked gently the door of Hikari's cabin, entered and saw her sister soaked and hurt.

'' By the Seven! What happened to you!?'' She rushed to her sister's side.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:09 am 

The clothes she'd been wearing had, of course, dried... although they obviously weren't in the best condition.

"Oh," she looked up and just as she always did, Hikari gave her sister the kind of grin that suggested she was oblivious to anything being wrong. "Hinami-chan, just in time. You wouldn't happen to know how to salvage a kimono that's been drenched in salt water for hours and hours, would you?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:23 am 

'' Why? You fell from the ship!?'' She inspected her sister. Now she imagined that Hikari must had fell during the storm

'' Damn you stupid sister, who cares about your clothes, are you hurt!? Do you need something? I can lend some of my clothes...damn you Hikari...'' She hugged her sister. '' What I would say to Chichi-ue, Haha-ue and Oni-sama if you died...damn you...'' that was the last straw, Hinami On could not resist this. Between the half-breed sexual insult, the tense meeting with the prince and now seeing her sister in such condition, she could not resist anymore and started to cry.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:36 am 

Hikari was quite bemused by the whole thing. Her sister wasn't normally anywhere near this emotional, after all. Even in private. She wanted to laugh at the absurdity of it, but then the tears came, and instead she hugged back and patted her sister's back.

"There, there... I'm fine..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:58 am 

Hinami dropped to her knees and continued sobbing without control. She could not remember the last time she cried like this, probably when she was a little girl. As she cried she gently hit her sister in desperation.

'' Idiot!... you big idiot...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:01 am 

"Sooo...," she carefully ventured after a little while, "...I take it you've had a rough time."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:11 am 

Hinami tried to clean her wet eyes and to stop crying but to no avail.

'' I...I...was...'' unintelligible '' ...the half breed...insult...sexua...harassme...'' Unintelligible '' ...and then...prince... seppuk...'' She tried to answer but she could not. At least not the complete answer.

'' And now you! you could had died!...damn!... I can't stop crying!...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:13 am 

Use your words, Hinami-chan

"A lot of people could've. A lot of people probably did. But I'm still here."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:26 am 

Finally, Hinami calmed down. She stood up and cleaned her face, she took out her fan and opened it, she began fanning herself quickly trying to recover her 'mask'.

'' It has not been a good day...'' She commented still affected.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:03 pm 

"Clearly," she straightened herself, "Wanna talk about it?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 pm 

'' I, uh...I don't know... Don't want to bother you with such details.'' Hinami true personality was still there. ''Besides you are still hurt, we need to find you a healer...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:44 pm 

"Nothing time won't fix," she said... which was technically true. The priest's earlier attempts were rather lacklustre though, unfortunately.

"So don't worry. Just tell me anything you feel like talking about."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:00 pm 

'' I just had a meeting with Hantei-denka...and I uh...asked permission to commit seppuku...'' She told her sister.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:31 pm 

She went absolutely still; in a way that Hikari never did. She always had something to say. Always had a carefree attitude about things that shone through in every facet of her presence. But not now. Now she'd just frozen up, and it might've felt as if the air in the room did the same.

"...why?" she finally asked after an uncomfortably long silence, with an uncomfortably flat tone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:38 pm 

'' I, uh... was not thinking very well and... in a moment of desperation about my... own lack of skills for this voyage thought that I was bringing shame to our family.'' She replied with honesty.

'' And that... that creature...the captain of Hantei's-denka ship... he... he... insulted me...in an awful...way, he implied...that I should visit his...cabin... in front of other gaijin... and I could not do anything to stop him. I was powerless... how can I presume to defend Hantei's-no-kami legacy if I can't even defend myself from a...such...man.'' She lowered her gaze.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:52 pm 

She wanted to smack Hinami. Getting all upset about Hikari going overboard and nearly dying... while she herself had asked permission to commit seppuku over... her own insecurities?

She wanted to smack Hinami so hard.

Instead she just stared at her for a while. Glared, more like it.

Then she crossed her arms.

"You are such an idiot."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:06 pm 

'' I, uh... I suppose you are right.'' She admitted. '' But Hantei-denka helped me to saw my own mistakes... he showed me what path I should follow... I was honored by receiving and watched a glimpse of his vast wisdom.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:21 pm 

"Then we are lucky he is wise," she said, obviously still angry, but starting to get over the initial shock of it. "And? The captain?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:31 pm 

Hinami fanned herself very quickly and covered her mouth. She was angry, really angry. '' That creature, despicable mockery of a samurai. He dared to insult me, implying that I was some sort of... yūjo... he has no respect for the Celestial Order, whatsoever. '' She lowered her voice behind her fan.

D13 Theme

Page 1 of 3 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next