Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Post subject: Float (A3 Day of the Rooster 19)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:37 pm 

They had been on the ocean for several hours now, and the shoreline of Rokugan had gradually disappeared. Yasuhiro stood by the railing, taking a last long look at where they had come from.

There was a chance for all of them that they never see these shores again, and Yasuhiro at least was wondering if he might be one of those.

Seasickness roll 1 void tn 15: 4d10o10k4 25

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Float (A3 Day of the Rooster 19)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:19 pm 

"Not missing the mainland already are you Matsu-san?" A voice asked from behind him. Suihime approached, arms crossed as she gazed out to sea. She had tied her sleeves back to her elbows, exposing her pale wrists and forearms, clearly to stop the sleeves catching anything.

"Might be a while before you step on land again."

Seasickness roll 1 void tn 15 +3 from sailing: 3d10o10k3+3 19

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:16 am 

"Not really, I'm just thinking." Yasuhiro murmured as he turned to face his Captain, offering the woman a polite bow.

"As you said it will be quite some time before we see land, and even longer before we see home. It's entirely likely some of us might see neither of them again." At least not with their own eyes.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:41 am 

"It'll take some getting used to for those who've never been out to sea, or haven't been out to the ocean" Suihime smiled, gazing back to Yasuhiro "but it'll be worth it. We're creating history after all. Plus it's a beautiful view once we're fully out in the ocean."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:12 am 

"True enough, we are making history." His lips twitched into a half smile as her own was somewhat infectious. "Much like Gusai-san, you really like it out here on the sea don't you Miya-sama?" Yasuhiro asked, before letting his gaze drift back towards the water.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:31 am 

"It started off more as a curiosity if I'm entirely honest. I was a Herald, and I'm happy on foot or on horseback, although I do enjoy horseback more. I've always wanted to learn more about what is out there beyond our borders, ever since I first became Hantei-denkas retainer and started translating works for him. The natural progression from that was to go from land to sea, and I believe I've taken the step with minimal issues" Suihime chuckled "I do feel at home here now, which is likely important with my marriage to Gusai-dono most likely to be scheduled pretty soon after my return. What of you Matsu-san? Has the ocean won you over yet?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:57 am 

He listened as she talked, nodding at the appropriate intervals, as she explained what she liked about it. "Not particularly... I mean it can be quite lovely, and I respect it's dangers, but logistically it's a nightmare, it's also unpredictable, and generally hard to deal with."

"Perhaps in time I'll come to like it more though."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:14 am 

"You are wise to be cautious, the sea is unforgiving when she wants to be" Suihime turned to look at Yasuhiro "can't say I've heard it called a logistical nightmare before, but I haven't been around many warriors."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:08 pm 

That was a bit surprising, and Yasuhiro raised a curious eyebrow at that. "I would of thought you spent quite a bit of time around them."

"But..." He shook his head. "Yes, a logistical nightmare, the idea of moving this many troops without a supply train, and with limited access to fresh water. You also lack spave to adequately drill, and the cramped confines are likely bad for morale." He paused and pursed his lips. "Just thinking about it..."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:18 am 

"I'm trained as a courtier and herald" Suihime shook her head "all my life before now has been delivering missives, on behalf of Hantei-denka himself, the Imperial Families, or from the Throne directly. Not really had time to spend with warriors. Even my voyage to Fu Gang was taken on my own."

She then paused, before laughing.

"Ah, now you're getting the dangers of sea well! But no matter, that's were we come in my friend. We lead the crews, so it's our job to ensure that morale stays high, and the lack of fresh foods....well, have you ever tried fishing?" She chuckled "I haven't, but perhaps it's a good time to learn."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:10 am 

"I thought you would have some experience at least with guards and the like. It seems I was wrong though." Yasuhiro murmured thoughtfully. He'd assume she traveled under guard, at least at some points.

"I'm more or a archer then a fisher, I could probably bring down some sea birds if I tried..." He smirked. "You are right though, it probably wouldn't be a bad time to learn to fish either." He glanced down at the waters. "Perhaps I'll try my hand at it tomorrow, if I can find the time."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:26 pm 

"Depends what you define as experience Matsu-san. I've met guards, I've met Yojimbos. I wouldn't say I actively spent time around them, because my duties rarely allowed me much time in one place" Suihime clarified

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:57 pm 

That brought about a small chuckle, proving once again that the young lion could actually laugh. "I suppose you are right there."

"I suppose we'll both be learning a bit more about each other on this voyage."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:10 pm 

Suihime smiled at that, nodding. "It happens when you spend a lot of time around people. We may know each other better than our families do. Hard to keep secrets on a ship after all speaking of families, any you've left behind?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:02 pm 

"I always carry a little of my family with me Miya-sama." He offered with a soft smile. "Though to answer your question I do have a number of siblings back in Lion lands, as well as my mother... We haven't talked too much recently, as they don't necessarily agree with all the choices I've made."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:33 pm 

"Not a fan of the Explorers I assume" Suihime nodded, understanding "I'm certain my mother is not fond of my choice either. She would much prefer I remain on land, and be a Herald. Or perhaps follow on in my mothers footsteps" she chuckled, shaking her head "I've been involved in arranging a marriage. While it wasn't bad, it's not something I would want to do for the rest of my life."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:49 am 

"The Matsu are quite the traditional family Miya-sama." Were the only words Yasuhiro offered in way of explanation. "I take it this suits you better though? At least as far as we've experienced thus far? The ocean, the exploration that is."

"Being part of the Explorers."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ]