Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Holiday Sunrise (Day 3A Rooster 23)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:45 pm 

The day was hot, without the the breeze they had been following the warm sun beating became more then a little stifling. Have slipped out of the sleeves of his kimono, Yasuhiro secured the garment around his waist so it wouldn't trail behind him.

His tanned chest and tattoo's revealed for all to see, he didn't seem to mind as he went around his business of the day. Hopefully the winds would pick up by tomorrow and they would once again be on their way.

Seasickness roll 3 void tn 15: 4d10o10k4 16
Sailor Yasuhiro

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Holiday Sunrise (Day 3A Rooster 23)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:34 am 

Wataru wore a comfortable kimono that was normally used either as underwear or as a simple uniform for workers. It was of cotton, green as the color of his clan, with short sleeves, neatly tied with a simple thin obi. His legs were covered in brown hakama up to his knees; very comfortable wear indeed.

The samurai caught his balance as he went out from the lower decks and reached the Lion. "Good afternoon Matsu Yasuhiro-sama." He gazed out waiting for the sails to be full of air, but was sad to see them quiet. This could slow them down quite a bit.

SeaSickness. TN 15: 23 - Success

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:34 pm 

"Good afternoon Gusai Wataru-san." Yasuhiro greeted the other man with a bow.

"Have you come out to check the sails for yourself then?" He asked gesturing towards them. "As you can see, we are still lifeless."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:08 am 

"As the navigator, I must check the sails, Yasuhiro-sama. I must observe the wind and see if the sails are properly oriented to catch the proper speed. We do not want to be late to our meeting in the next 3 days, do we?" The samurai seemed excited about the upcoming meeting, in the Stingray, there were people of his interest, one of them being his future wife. "I also need to observe our speed so that my maps are accurate and I am capable at sketching this voyage of ours."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:05 am 

"I don't believe we can be late for that particularly meeting Gusai-san, not unless one of the other ships finds some way to make wind behind their sails." The lion replied with a smirk. "Though you are the navigator, you likely know more about that subject then I."

"Are you sketches proceeding well though?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:39 am 

"Well, our Ashitae Maru is one of the best vessels of the armada, so I don't think there will be any problem keeping up, or on reaching the other vessels. My problem is our food." He had calculated most of the travel, although they could only estimate how far away the Tortoise settlement was. "Why would the Tortoise settle so far away? It's barely Imperial land."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:21 am 

Because no one can watch them there! His grandmother snorted. That and because this way they can mate with all the gaijin they like, and no one can say a thing. Just look at the two from the exams! Are they even a quarter rokugani? "I'm sure they have their reason's Gusai-san. Though I admit to only have a few idea's myself." None of which were polite.

"You are right to be worried about food though, we'll have to keep a eye on our stocks. If they get too low..." Rationing might be in order.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:07 am 

"Well we are surrounded by the sea, so we might some food inside it if it comes to low rations, Yasuhiro-sama. But till now I'd much rather have some fresh vegetables and fruits. These rations might be worth lasting, but variety is not something that we are getting lately."

The samurai was estranged by something in the air that seemed to catch his attention, but it lasted only an instant. There was a twitch on his eyebrow as if something had bothered him, but after a soft mumble he returned to the Matsu as if nothing had happened.

"I think we ought to be careful with the Tortoise clan in this island, Matsu Yasuhiro-sama. I have my doubts on their intentions."

(OOC. Not the only ghosted one :P)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:59 pm 

"True enough, and not something we are likely to get in the near future either, though I suppose I'm a bit more used to marching rations then most here." He really hadn't seen many other bushi among the explorer's after all.

"Perhaps you are right." He replied thoughtfully, ignoring the strange moment of silence. "It is hard to say what their intentions might be exactly. Could I ask what brings this request for caution to mind? Anything in particular?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:47 am 

The samurai cleared his voice before speaking, eyeing around him for any other who could speak out his thoughts to the wealthy Tortoise. Then he went back to the Matsu, "I have some knowledge on the clan, I have overheard some things that should keep us wary. Specially in this island which they consider of their property. The hold of the current Champion of the Tortoise can still be disputed by his son and true heir to the Championship of the clan. It would be in their favor to make this voyage and the deals with the gaijin go wrong. That they would have monopoly of trade with them."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:00 pm 

"So you are saying that their sense of greed over rides their sense of duty?" The Lion asked while raising a eyebrow, though his tone was pitched somewhat low. "That is quite the accusation Gusai-san.... I'll keep a eye out for that type of behavior as I can. If it proves true...." Well, the right hand just might have to make a few moves.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:29 am 

From what he understood of the Champion of the Tortoise, the rumors and what he had experienced, honor was not one of his main worries. He was in it for himself, and the Gusai was sure of that. "We both should, Matsu Yasuhiro-sama. I am sure you will be best prepared for this than I, and I hope you inform me if anything comes up, as so would I to you."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:21 am 

He nodded, mentally adding on another task to his growing number. He was goign to have a very busy few months ahead of him if the last few days were any indication at least. "If I find out anything I will discuss it with you Giusai-san, it is the least I could do as thanks for bringing this to my attention."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]