Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Pirate Princess (Day 3A Rooster 26)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:14 pm 

The Walrus had worked it's way up to the Ashitae Maru and its Captain finally could climb its way up to meet with theirs

Once on deck Susumu observed the ship and its crew while waiting for Suihime

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

Post subject: Re: Pirate Princess (Day 3A Rooster 26)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:19 pm 

The crew aboard Ashitae Maru, while not as experienced as other sailors, were clearly quite well drilled as they got to work sorting the ship and assisting with inventory checks. However, it wouldn't take long for Susumu to hear the voice of the captain as Suihime spoke with a few of the crew in Merenease. They laughed, so clearly she wasn't scolding them, and after a smile and a nod she moved onwards, towards Susumu, her smile having grown when she saw him.

"For what do I owe such a delightful honour?" Suihime said with a bow as she drew close to the man. She looked as pristine at sea as she did on land. Her hair had been tied back to stop it going over her face, and her sleeves had been tied back as well, showing her forearms up to her elbow. Her kimono, while not the best Susumu had seen her wear, was still of good quality. Cotton though; she knew better than to wear silk at sea.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:26 pm 

Susumu demeanor changed when he saw her: His traits got softer and has she approached he seemed genuinely happy to see her

''Is there need for a reason?'' he said with a smirk ''But I do admit I am in need of speaking with you''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:35 pm 

"You never need a reason, but it seems you have come here with one" Suihime nodded "come with me. I assume you would prefer to speak in private" she motioned him to follow her, leading him through the ship to the cabins. She opened the door to her cabin, motioning him in. The captain's room had been sparsely used, except for the table and two bedrolls on either side of the room. There were some chests, clearly for clothes.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:24 pm 

Susume followed his fellow captain...and there was something about that he still not had swallowed properly.

Once in the cabin he began speaking

"Kaiya came to talk to me a few days after we left port. She wanted to convince me about a 'pact' or something like it"

He frowned

"Are you aware of what she had in mind?"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:34 pm 

She closed the door, approaching wirh a smile that vanished as Susumu's did. "A pact? From what I understand, you two are to marry. I'm unaware of any pact. What was this...pact?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:07 pm 

The mantis massaged his temples

Of course she had not spoken to her

"In essence she wanted to make an arrangement of sorts. She wanted to go forward with the wedding and then organise visits for you so that we may meet in secret and have herself spared 'marital duties'."

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:01 pm 

Suihime blinked. "She...suggested this? Truly?"

She frowned after a few moments.

"I cannot believe she would she suggested this and been serious. There is no way I would agree to a situation that would allow someone to have such easy blckmail material on me openly. Either the ocean is already affecting her, or...she is deluded" Suihime frowned more "I had always believed she was doing good for my brother. Perhaps I was wrong."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:55 pm 

"I was surprised as much as you" he replied after mesuring Suihime's reaction "But she seemed very much interested in not having this betrothal annuled. I think she does'nt want to be wed to someone who might be worst."

He crossed his arms and closed his eyes for a moment

"She likely knows that I would never touch her and even would allow her to join with your brother when she can. That is far better then any other betrothed except for Edogawa himself."

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:36 pm 

"She is deluded then" Suihime sighed, shaking her head "a shame. I had thought her more intelligent than this. My dear brother doesn't intend to return from this trip, I'm certain she is aware of this. He told us both the same, I can't imagine he wouldn't have told her. I assume you told her what you thought of her generous offer?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:04 pm 

He re-opened his eyes and fixed them on Suihime

"She did not like my answer..." He paused to take long breath trying to remember his words

"In essence, I told her that the life I want with you is not one lived in a whisper. That I wanted to see and taste the world with you and that her offer was a mockery of that."

He brought a hand to his face

"If I cannot have that then I would not shackle us to a lie. I do love you, my dear princess, but I want you to find happiness" he sighed "...Do I make sense or am I truly going Mad?"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:37 pm 

Suihime blushed, looking down at her hands for a few moments before moving closer to Susumu, taking his hand from his face and holding it in both of hers.

"I love you too, Susumu. While I'm certain I can create a life that I would be happy with Ryoshida...it's not a life that would compare to one with you. I want to see the world with you, and...and we will see the world together. But I want you to be happy as well, and she is clearly not interested in doing that for you."

Suihime sighed.

"Perhaps she'll follow her blindness after my brother and remain behind, so you don't have to suffer being with her."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:43 pm 

He could not help but scratch his head

"Unless I missed something I will move forward with the betrothal annulation" he replied before giving the impression he had something on his mind

"Then we will see...I have a few ideas"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:24 pm 

"Be careful with that. My mother does not like her work just being undone" Suihime warned, before looking curiously at the man "what other ideas? I..can see to it that mother finds you a better match if you wish?"

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]