Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: [M Rooster 26th] Strangers on a Boat
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:30 pm 

The former ronin called Ran stepped aboard the Ashitae Maru nearly as soon as it linked up with the Stingray. It was a beautiful morning.

She greeted some of the crewmen, and asked to be pointed in the direction of one Gusai Wataru, a hopeful expression upon her features, adjusting the satchel she wore over one shoulder. Her kimono was a simple affair, cotton mostly, with silk touches. Light green and white, her obi darkest blue and gold. Her brown hair, touches of grey through it, pinned up and out of her face, kept from the wind. Her eyes were bright and inquisitive.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

Post subject: Re: [M Rooster 26th] Strangers on a Boat
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:52 am 

Ran is guided to a door in the lower deck, one of the private chambers of the vessel, the private room of Wataru. The door is open and she can see the back of the samurai leaning over the table where several parchments and scrolls are placed neatly, pilled according to topic and importance, a habit from his Asako training.

He seems to be scribbling on one of the parchments, or maybe drawing... when she comes close she can see that its the samurai drawing on a cartography map he has been working on since they left Dragon Guard City.

SeaSickness. TN 15: 18

Third successful seasick roll, yay

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:55 pm 

She stepped forward, into the cabin proper, and was overjoyed to see her betrothed.
But still, she was hesitant, now that she was here with him. She smoothed at the fabrics of her kimono, almost nervously. What would he think?

Finally, she could watch him in silence no longer.

"Wataru-sama," her voice was low, conversational. Private. "May I bother you from your mapmaking?"

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:36 am 

Wataru raised his head, recognizing the voice of Ran-san. He turned already with a smile upon his face. Despite the colors she wore, he was happy to see her.

"Of course, come in, Ran-san." He offered her a place in his cabin, there was a pitcher with water, a bed and some scrolls that peeked out from a barrel. The table was set in the only free area, near the door. "I was hoping to see you during this first stop. I've missed you so!"

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:44 pm 

"I am happy to see you as well, I was worried... I was worried that word would get to you, and you would be angry about my decision. I couldn't say no, when the offer was made. It's just not who I am, to turn down learning something new. I hope you still trust me."
Ran took steps to close the distance between them, concern upon her freckled features. Her eyes searched his for answers. She rested a hand softly on his chest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:18 am 

Wataru placed his own hand upon her smaller hand. She could feel his heartbeat in his chest. "You need not worry, Ran-san." his mind thought that this could be some type of political maneuver of the Champion of the Tortoise after him not accepting his offer to his clan, though he did not recognize that man as a Champion, not when he was taking the place of the son of the previous Champion.

He closed his hand over hers and pulled it to his lips, kissing the hand of the woman. "You are still Ran." His other hand reached out to her cheek and caressed it. "You are still the woman for me, as much as I am still the man for you."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:08 pm 

"Never did I imagine the Fortunes would smile upon me so," she whispered at the attention from Wataru, and she leaned into his touch subtlety. "It's so funny how a simple decision, a small turn of fate, can change the course of one's life so dramatically. And, if I might say, for the better. I look forward to my life with you, Wataru-sama, wherever it might take us from here."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 am 

"You need not worry Ran-san, and you should start calling me in a less formal way," he laughed with joy as he recalled her calling him sama. "The Fortunes bliss us today, as they will for the rest of our days, Ran-chan. It is they who guided the eye of Miya-sama to unite us, I am more than sure of that. We have risen from our ashes, Ran-san, this time together to make each other stronger."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:55 pm 

She leaned into him tenderly, resting her head on his shoulder. His words spoke to her, rang true. They were born again. She would not forget where she came from- where they came from- but they could build a new life. Together.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]