Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: The Worst Day Since Yesterday (Day 4 Early Afternoon.)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:49 am 

Yasuhiro had returned to the boat mostly empty handed, while he had been meaning to find some of his missing crew or his Captain, he had really only manged to find a Gaijin woman. The woman had been polite enough, but was about as useful to him as the flowers he had gathered.

With a frown on his face he paced across the deck, they had gotten word that they could move into port and soon he would command they do just that. Though limping into port wasn't something he has particularly fond of.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: The Worst Day Since Yesterday (Day 4 Early Afternoon.)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:10 am 

It seemed there was someone standing at the captains wheel. A woman in Imperial green, with long hair.

Suihime was looking out to the island. Her hair, normally tied back and showing her cheeks, was untied instead. Covering bruises that she didn't want obviously seen until she had located her makeup kit later.

So, there she remained. Quietly watching, and waiting for the headache from hits to the head to go away.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:42 am 

Yasuhiro raised a eyebrow at the presence of his captain at the wheel, he had spent a good time searching for the woman, and this was the last place he expected to see her.

His own bruises and injuries were present, though he carried himself like they weren't even there as he moved towards the wheel and bowed a greeting to the young woman. "Miya-sama." He offered with a polite bow. "It seems I just of missed you this morning."

"Are you doing well? Have you had your injuries attended to?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:07 pm 

"It seemed many people did. I assume you searched overboard?" Suihime replied, not looking back at the man initially. "When trying to assist one of our crewmates, I ended up being trapped below deck instead."

She turned, giving the man a small smile and a bow. Signs of bruises were visible when she faced him.

"I hope you are well? I haven't had my injuries attended to, as I instructed any that wanted to look to go see to those who are severly injured. I can ignore a headache while other men and womens lives are at stake. I would however welcome a report on the damage situation for the ship."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:50 pm 

She knew there was a shugenja with healing powers aboard the Yamato... but she also knew there were more experienced crews on the other ships. Surgeons and doctors even. So rather than head straight back to her own ship as the first thing she did upon making it back... she headed to the Ashitae; having someone take her over in a small boat. Getting up on deck took some effort given her condition though...

...though there were no obvious injuries beyond a few minor scrapes, it was obvious she was in a considerable amount of physical discomfort.

(crippled)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:02 pm 

"It could be worse." Yasuhiro offered simply. "The ship can still sail. Some crew are still unaccounted for, but if we haven't found them yet, we are unlikely to find them in the future." It was the simple truth, and he didn't shy away from it.

"It is nice to see you are well, but we should get your injuries tended Miya-sama. Use make-up to to cover the bruises, the crew will likely feel better to see you in a less disheveled state."

Another surprise for Yasuhiro appeared a few moments later, as Seppun Hikari made her way onto the deck. Seeing the young woman's obvious discomfort he bowed towards his Captain. "I believe Seppun-sama, needs some help Miya-sama. Could we make use of of your cabin?" He asked, before moving towards hikari.

"Seppun-sama, could I offer you any assistance?" He asked with a polite bow, before turning towards one of the crew. "You, make sure word is sent to Seppun Hinami-sama, that her sister is safe."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:26 pm 

She waved off the most overbearing attempts to help her, she would at the very least like to walk under her own power.

"Ah, Matsu-san," she said, with a small bow, then noticed the other imperial presence. "Miya-san," Suihime got another bow.

"I thought you might be better equipped on this ship to handle..." she gestured at herself, since she hesitated to say injuries.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:37 pm 

"It seems my injuries can wait a little longer" Suihime nodded as the Seppun washed up on board, turning and walking alongside her First Mate to the woman. She gave her a bow, before saying "Matsu-san, send for the priest. Seppun-san, come with me. You can rest in my room while we arrange for you to receive treatment. Forgive me for my bluntness Seppun-san, but as you are aboard my ship I shall have to insist. If you need assistance in moving to my cabin I can help."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:55 pm 

A nod was given to his Captain, they could wait at least until after the Seppun had been attended to. 'Yes, Captain." He replied in return, moving to do just that. It would only have a short time for the priest to arrive, one didn't ignore the orders of the first officer after all.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:57 pm 

"Well, if you insist," she said with a smile meant to cover up a wince as she'd follow along. "Ah, perhaps I should try... hmm, I don't suppose you'd much care if I tried calling upon the kami for aid, do you?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:04 pm 

"You have my permission, Seppun-san" Suihime nodded, opening her door and motioning the woman in as they reached the cabin "once you are inside of course. And please, make yourself comfortable. I'm certain the priest won't take long to arrive, Matsu-san is a good First Officer."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:08 pm 

"Thank you," she said with a smile, "I promise I won't go snooping around the cabin or anything."

And then, after taking a seat somewhere appropriate, tried calling upon the kami to no avail. Well, at least she tried. All that was left to do beside that was to wait really.

Spellcasting: Mental Quickness, 2 raises for sparse kami, Mastery, Crippled, TN45: 8d10o10k4 28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:13 pm 

Yasuhiro would arrive shortly with the priest and his own medicine kit in tow, knocking polietly at the door and waiting for the permission to enter before stepping inside. He didn't enter the Captain's room often, it was the domain of two unmarried Imperial women after all.

Taking a brief moment to look around he walked towards the pair. "I brought the priest as ordered Miya-sama... Should I take my leave now?" After all this was a medical procedure, there might be some small need to undress.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:22 pm 

The cabin was a mess. Things had clearly been thrown around, and hadn't been sorted again since. She moved a few things around, and stood a chair up for Hikari to sit, not paying attention to the woman casting (or not casting) a spell.

"I know you won't Seppun-san. I will also refrain from the amusement of both sisters having used my cabin during this journey."

She opened the door upon Yasuhiros arrival, allowing him and the priest to enter. "Thank you Matsu-san. It should not take too long, so please perform a brief inspection of the Teppodaka headquarters. We need to ensure that is quickly up to usable order for Gusai-san. I'll send for you when we are finished here."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:24 pm 

"Oh? I didn't know my sister paid you a visit," she said, not seeming overly bothered by her failure.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:50 am 

"Yes, Captain." Yasuhiro replied with a bow before departing from the room to go see to the other cabin used by the marines. Honestly he thought it a task better left to Gusai-san himself should he ever return, but he'd do what he could.

In the mean time the priestess would approach first the Seppun and then the Miya, attempting to call on the Kami to aide the two of them. It was difficult with the scarcity of the Kamie here, but the young intended at least to try. Unfortunately she had little luck calling on the kami and both spells fizzled.

priestly healing versus Hikari and then Suihime. 2 Raises on each roll tn 20: 2#3d10o10k2 10 17

((Leaving the normal medicine roll up to Suihime.))

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:05 pm 

Suihime watched the healer try...and fail. She resisted a sigh; priests were so unreliable, and even less so out here it seemed. She took the medicine pack, dismissed the healer with a polite smile, then approached Hikari.

"Allow me to look at your wounds, Seppun-san."

Turned out she was able to treat the womans wounds after all.

(Medicine rolls
D4EA medicine roll - vp for 1k1. -5 from wound penalties. TN15: 5d10-5 15

D4EA medicine roll - the heal!: 1d10o10k1 6
Hikari healed for 6)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:19 pm 

The priest was given a sympathetic nod. Hikari understood all too well the difficulties involved. Fortunately, Suihime's aid was more effective.

"Thank you, Miya-san. That definitely helps."

There was a pause.

"Looks like your ship fared better than mine."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:32 pm 

"The ship came through very well" Suihime nodded as she wrapped up one of Hikaris wounds "it was a close thing I think, the storm was quite severe. We lost a number of men, and supplies as well, but we got through."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:40 pm 

"It seems such things are not uncommon here. Myself and another from my ship found ourselves thrown overboard, and washed up on a small shoal not far from here, where there was already a shipwreck."

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next