Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Pincers (D10 EA)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:49 am 

He drove his men hard today, harder then they had been before.

They did not complain for they have seen what they very well could face soon enough and they have not forgotten the price paid in blood so soon.

Susumu was focused, not missing a detail, wondering how they could improve.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

Post subject: Re: Pincers (D10 EA)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:06 am 

The storm was still impacting his life. Nothing he owned would do for the masquerade. And he needed to secure a new mask, as well. While others would find it distasteful, Anzai understood how things worked. This wasn't Rokugan where a daimyo provided all.

No, in this brave, new world, money talked. Anzai knew the Mantis Clan was built on shipping, on trade. Still dressed in his gaijin clothes, the Scorpion found his way to the Walrus.

To speak with her Captain, and ask. Without concern of pride or honor.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:13 am 

The crew was armed and ready and the Captain had managed to recruit a few more on the island itself. They were training emergency repair when Susumu spotted the approaching scopion

An unexpected visit, to say the least

''Good afternoon Shosuro-san, has Inari blessed you today?'' he called out with a bow

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:23 am 

"Good Afternoon Gusai-taichou." Anzai returned the bow, to the degree demanded by the station of the Mantis, and in deference to his command of one of the Imperial vessels. "I have been, yes, and I certainly hope Inari's blessings have been bestowed upon you today." He warmly smiled to the other man.

"I hope I am not disturbing your duties."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:33 am 

Susumu looked over his shoulder

''No...I believe my men were due for a break anyway. I have indeed been blessed, thank you for asking.''

He ordered his boatswain to give a pause

''Please come on board, what brings you here today?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:09 am 

Anzai made his way aboard, looking about the ship. He had learned to appreciate all of the vessels of the fleet during the time on the voyage, and was grateful for the skills he had acquired in making his way about. "Thank you for having me aboard, Captain. And if we wish to get right to it, I will be forthright with you." His smile never disappeared as he spoke with the other man.

"It is my understanding that your clan is quite adept at trading and commerce. Would I be correct in assuming that you have been entrusted in securing dealings while here on the voyage?" His question wasn't asked with an inquisitive tone, or any judgement that others might give. Anzai was a practical man, and he could respect the Mantis. He did indeed respect them.

"I've come to ask, without pride or embarrassment, for the possibility of a loan." He spoke quietly, just loud enough for the other man to hear, once they were within speaking distance. "The Governor is throwing a Masquerade tonight, I'm sure you've heard, and unfortunately, many of my fineries were lost during the storm. Being that we are in a place where trade is honored, that puts me at a disadvantage." He mused for a moment, watching the other man for any reaction.

"Of course, I would repay that debt to you, but also, in exchange, I would be willing to offer my skills for anything you may need done."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:35 pm 

Susumu listened to the man. It was true that the storm had been a savage one...and that not all captains had been equal back then

As the scorpion reached the end of his monologue the mantis exhibited a knowing smile

''A loan for the Masquerade then? Straight to the point, I like it. How much would you need?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:47 pm 

He nodded in agreement. While he had secured a loan from the Plaza, that qould be returned the following day, once he returned the clothes.

No, what he needed was something more permanent. A new Mask and Fan. Other minor accessories.

"Given what I need to find, roughly four koku at most. Extravagent, I am aware, but we must put the best foot forward, for all of Rokugan."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:01 pm 

Susumu raised an eyebrow

''Four? Only four?'' he shrugged ''That certainly can be arranged''

He grinned

''Will a verbal agreement suffice or would you prefer some paperwork?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:17 pm 

"I wouldn't wish to put you out, Gusai-taichou." He bowed again. "I am comfortable with a verbal agreement, as long as you are." He knew many could have issue with the word of a Scorpion.

"When would you need it repaid?" It was best to understand what exactly the terms would be for the loan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:25 pm 

Susumu put his hands behind his back, thinking.

''Usually loans are taken up for a year but since we travel we might not know where we will be by then. If you could repay the loan before the explorers leave this island I would appreciate it...and I won't charge interests.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:42 pm 

Anzai mused for a moment. He could manage that.

"That can be done, Gusai-taichou." He watched the other man with intent. He supposed he could have negotiated more, but the Mantis was Rolugani, not a member of the Tarkhanate.

"Before we leave the island."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:48 pm 

Susumu smirked and reached for a small pouch in his coat. He inspected it and handed it to the scorpion.

''There you go. About the offering of your services...I might already have something in mind''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:41 am 

Anzai bowed as he was handed the pouch, feeling the weight of it. He didn't insult the other man by counting it.

"Yes? How may I be of service Gusai-taichou?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:47 pm 

''At the ball tonight, would it be possible to introduce me to the governor in a favorable light?''

Equipment (visible):

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]