Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Is there a self-destruct botton? [M3: Rooster 21th, Morning]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:08 pm 

This was a new day

The Captain walked on deck and breathed in the sea air and looked for his samurai recruits. He had been busy but now was the time to talk more seriously with the Kaiu and perhaps the Ichiro if he had time.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

Post subject: Re: Is there a self-destruct botton? [M3: Rooster 21th, Morn
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:07 pm 

He did his best to try to maintain his composure. It wasn't as if he had never gotten on a boat before; it was why he was chosen to represent the Badger for this.url=https://orokos.com/roll/561845]This morning was already off to a great start.[/url]

He leaned over to the side and expelled whatever it is he had consumed along the way. Threats of a disease, now this...really starting to regret coming on this damned voyage.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:18 pm 

"Unused to the high-seas Ichiro-san? The waves are certainly stronger here then near the shore"

The captain had approached from the left, inspecting some rope work while still keeping an eye out for the Kaiu

"Nothing to be ashamed of, however." His tome seemed sympathic, at least.

Last edited by Gusai Susumu on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:43 pm 

"H-Hai. Most of my sailing was done our borders." He takes another deep breath. "Not my first time on a boat, Gusai-sama...just first time this far out. I'll get my legs back, just a few more days."

He laughed as he slumps over and sighs, his large frame leaning on a railing as he did his best to regain himself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:51 pm 

Susumu observed the man for a moment, somewhat surprised that someone as sturdy as him could not handle these waves.

"I certainly hope so Ichiro-san" he grinned "The journey will be long for you if not"

He scratched his chin, thinking

"I hoped I could talk to you since we did not have the chance before. Are you well enough for a chat?"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:30 pm 

Rooster 21st| Seasickness #1: 3d10o10k3 15

Kuuru wasn't noticing the seasickness. He did make a mental note of researching this particular phenomena, maybe the research could be used to ease future sailor's discomfort... He noted the captain and the badger speaking on the deck, the badger looking awfully green. He made his way over to them, and bowed.
"Good morning Susumu-sama, Kajima-san. How are you finding today?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:49 pm 

''Ah, Kaiu-san'' he bowed

''The seasickness is not bothering you? I would have liked a word as well''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:36 pm 

He lifts his hand up in a greeting to his fellow alumni and takes a deep breath. "Could be better...could be better."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:58 pm 

Kuuru nodded. "It seems as if the sickness has not befallen me yet." He raised his eyebrow. "What would you like a word about captain?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:44 pm 

Susumu nodded at the Kaiu's statement

"Good to know" he began to reply "We already had outlined your aspirations for this voyage but aside from your reputation I still know little about you and your work"

He leaned against the rail

"So I would like to know what are your current projects, are you looking for something specific to study first when se arrive...y'know, those kinds if things."

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:54 pm 

Kuuru's expression lit up as he started explaining. "Oh! How joyous! Well my current projects include everything from my work on an improved agricultural method that utilises automation, to the latest heavy cannons under construction at the southern border!" He paused. "But what I'd like to learn... Well there are many things. I'd like to improve my knowledge of nautical engineering so I could finally show my father in law how it's really done. I'd also like to see if I could improve firearm's safety and destructive capabilities, as well as gaijin pepper itself. Magnifying it's explosive properties I mean. I would also like to observe the gaijin techniques of civil engineering, so I could improve upon them."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:54 pm 

''Automation?'' he did not seem to understand the concept

''But improving your nautical engineering and firearm's capabilities are very interesting goals''

He pondered the idea

''Depending on how much profit I make with the cargo, I would be interested to help you financing your research''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:05 pm 

Kuuru nodded patiently. "Yes, automation. It means easing the workload of a worker with the aid of technology, and maybe at some point even replacing the need for humans to work at all!"
At Susumu's offer Kuuru's face lights up. "Would you? Oh my captain that would be phenomenal!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:35 pm 

He could not help but smirk at the engineer's reaction

''We will cover the terms once the shipment is dealt with...but I'd like if the Walrus could get an exclusivity on the prototypes.''

Equipment (visible):

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]