Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

Page 7 of 7 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post subject: Re: The Shanty Ones (D5, EE)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:52 am 

'He may not have to... but I don't imagine him to let his brother do as he pleases. He is positioning himself to exert tremendous leverage over the Emperor... I doubt he plans to let it go any time soon. Perhaps Hohiro will serve as his puppet peacefully... but I don't see that as the most likely outcome either."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:05 am 

"But why? You have presented him as ambitious and reckless, with no care for anything other than what power he can take. I can understand how you could see that. But, do you honestly think you know him that well? Have you considered that he might seek military, economic and political support to defend his legitimacy? He's the youngest, but the Throne will go to whomever the Veiled Emperor says."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:07 am 

"I have spoken with his advisor about his intentions... it was made clear that his ambition would not stop even if Hohiro rose to the Throne."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:11 am 

"His ambition? Is that what was said?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:13 am 

"He said Jama intended at the very least to acquire the resources to force his brother listen to him... and if Hohiro refused... there were many options in front of them. You can draw the conclusions you wish from that statement."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:31 am 

He smiled. "That makes sense. It is easy to make assumptions based on the views of either Prince and the support they've earned. Given the state of the Empire and the division that has grown between the ideals of tradition and progress, the idea that it will all lead to conflict is a reasonable one. The problem is that no one knows the true cause of it all, except for the Emperor and the princes. Clearly, they disagree on how to resolve it. They need to show their father that they have the better solution. Failing that, they will need to convince their brother."

"I am not dismissing your opinion, but I honestly don't believe it is acurate." he shrugged. "Give me a few days to talk with a few people. I'll tell you more once I can."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:41 am 

"I still feel you're grasping at straws... trying to justify a series of obvious moves as something altruistic when the answer is right there. And asking the source for answers won't illicit a truthful response... It's as I mentioned to you before... 'By their fruits, ye shall know them'. We all can see what Jama is doing... the only ones who don't are the children he has raised in his schools to follow him to a 'new future'." She stood and wiped off her knees.

"But if you can provide proof otherwise... I'm not beyond seeking for the best way forward." She then looked out the door, "But this? Putting you all in important positions of international diplomacy and usurping our mandate? That is folly... The Tortoise are the only ones uniquely qualified to achieve a balance that will prevent the world from falling into chaos... the less you get involved the better."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:57 am 

"And, I don't think you know what game is being played or by whom. He isn't who I need to speak with." he shook his head.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:04 am 

"Feel free to 'enlighten' me whenever you are so inspired to do so Edogawa Sensei. As I stated earlier... I know a great deal. So cryptic allusions to the 'great unknown' aren't helpful."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:23 am 

"If you knew what Muhaki and Teodoro hid, our conversation would have been much different." he shrugged. "I will tell you more, when I can."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:48 pm 

She chuckled, "You assume so much. I wish you well. I'll wait to hear from you again soon."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:18 pm 

"Don't we all." he grinned. "Enjoy the rest of your evening."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:19 pm 

She nodded and took her leave.

/exit

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:21 pm 

Edogawa remained and watched as the entertainment continued.

/scene

Page 7 of 7 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7