Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm

Page 1 of 7 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: The Shanty Ones (D5, EE)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:42 pm 

Bellena walked into the bar that evening before the performance got started up and found a seat at the bar, high enough to look over and see the faces of all the people coming into the establishment. She was looking for a specific type of individual, but ordered a bit of food to tide her over as she waited for the tavern to fill.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

Post subject: Re: The Shanty Ones (D5, EE)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:00 am 

Jose was sitting in the corner in his favourite spot, boots on the table, with a clear view of both the tigress and his wife, pitching the violin between sips of wine.

His wife Rita was bossing the barmaids as the guests started gathering. Bellena had a moment of being unnoticed by either still.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:40 pm 

After looking around the bar for a while and not finding anyone else of interest, Bellena decided to walk over to Jose and ask him directly.

Walking up to him she smiled and nodded her head in greeting, "Looks like you'll be busy again tonight Jose. Nice to see Rita back in action."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:49 pm 

"Ah, Bellena, heard you're back! Sit, sit." He took his boots off the table and called a barmaid to bring another glass. "Ah, yes. It's good for all. Out of her element should would sooner or later pluck our eyes out by hurling spoons or Sanchito's toys." He smirked. "At least the girls are taking some of the heat now, not just me and Juanito." And still, small talk was a tad off and the smile a little plastered. The man tried to be more carefree than he was.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:57 pm 

She smiled and sat down beside him as the drinks were brought, "Sanchito is so cute. Saw him yesterday at the Hacienda. You and Rita made a handsome little boy."

She leaned back and watched the room again. She hoped Jose's drunkenness wouldn't be restrictive on his memory, "I brought a bunch of the people you worked with back from Rokugan. A dozen or so families from Merenae. They're staying at the Church if you'd like to see any of them again. I kept hearing your name over and over again on my trip. Apparently you're a bigger person than I thought."

She smiled teasingly at the end before nodding her thanks to the barmaid as the drinks arrived.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:05 pm 

"Would that be true." He lowered his voice. "I am a shadow of what I was, now just a mixed memory for those people, I imagine." He sighed wistfully and looked at the tigress. Tigress looked back with angst. "I am glad you've brought them here, I'll help them settle. Will pay good Padre a visit tomorrow then. A pity I couldn't do it myself back then but I might have just been turned headless had I remained and I had someone to live for." He looked at Rita lovingly. "I don't regret that call. Sanchito was conceived in Rokugan so maybe I just felt that call on some spiritual level, to get here for him. My son may be the best thing I've ever done."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:11 pm 

She smiled and nodded, "You needn't feel any regret Jose. You did your best for those people, and had to leave under circumstances you could not control. And from what I understand they weren't treated horribly by the man who followed you. Someone named Miya Edogawa... And in the end we got them out anyway."

She took a sip, "Your son and wife don't need a shadow of a man. Looking forward and making this world the best one it can be for them is what you are doing. I wouldn't say your a shadow... just reborn to a new life."

She smiled over at him, "A beautiful wife. A beautiful son. A tiger. There are far worse lives than yours."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:29 pm 

"Yes, Bellena, you're right, I shouldn't complain." He chuckled. "Maybe I can still turn it around and not be a disappointment compared to my brothers. But second kid has it always the hardest!" He smirked, and raised his glass. "To smart and beautiful women."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:21 pm 

She raised her glass and took a drink. After observing the crowd for a few moments she turned back to Jose. "I have a question for you Jose, if you don't mind.... I'm looking for someone who may have been associated with Teodoro Cornejo... maybe an old crew member or something. You seem to be the type of person who'd know someone like that in this town."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:54 pm 

Jose gave it a thought, prolonging the sip while fighting a staring battle with the tigress.

"I don't know for certain. You know how the Crown feels about Cornejos and people around here are cautious just in case Carceiras sends an intendent. Some informed guesses would be by age. All of the early settlers might remember something. Esteban Trujillo at the Defiance maybe, old folks at the Shrine to Kasuga. Maybe some patrons at the Parrot, but those are Thranish scum who still have a soft spot for Hawthorne."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:45 pm 

She nodded, "Gracias... and I was wondering if you've ever heard the term 'Xantellados'..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:25 pm 

"...No." He answered after a moment during which his gaze had gone to his wife. "But it has a dangerous and clandestine ring to it. Are you looking for some secret society to join, Bellena?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:39 pm 

She chuckled, “No, but figuring out ominous problems before they rear their head is part of being a good advisor.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:19 pm 

"Will I get a free advice for being helpful?" He chuckled.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:45 pm 

"I'll tell Sanchito. You can get it from him." She said with a smile.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:21 pm 

"What's with women being mean without a good reason?" He shrugged in feigned exasperation, then rose. "I'd better help Ka... Rita. We'll play some music tonight if you want to stay around long enough."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:27 pm 

She smiled, "I'd love to. And maybe check in with Rita when she's not too busy."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:56 pm 

"It won't be tonight then. Don't poke her with questions when she's at work. That's an advice for free." He grinned, then moved to make himself useful.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:02 am 

"I wouldn't dare." She said with a smile. "Now, vaminos! I'm waiting to be entertained!"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:56 pm 

Two men found a table somewhere in the back of the room. After getting his new home in order, Edogawa simply wanted a good meal and a relaxing evening.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Page 1 of 7 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next