Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 pm

Page 4 of 7 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: The Shanty Ones (D5, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:15 am 

She tilted her head, "I try to extend a bit of trust every time we talk, and then you have to slap my hand away... I've only ever spoken honestly with you... unfortunately I've never had the same courtesy returned to me."

She shrugged, "Certainly makes it difficult to trust someone and try to help them out in the future if they just dodge every question I throw at them like you have tonight."

She looked over to him, "I have interest in meeting someone who is familiar with Cornejo and his legacy. That much is true... but certainly not to do anything wrongful towards them. If you want help... eventually you're going to have to trust someone. I personally think it best to trust honest and loyal folks... but I wasn't raised in the same circumstances as others."

Last edited by Muhaki Berena on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:28 am 

"I didn't say I didn't trust you." he shook his head. "The secrets in question are not mine. They were entrusted to me in one way or another, and should be revealed by those who gave me that trust.

"I will say this." he added after a moment. "These are Tortoise secrets. I know them only because I knew them in a previous life."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:51 am 

"A previous life?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:26 pm 

"Part of our faith is the belief that we may live many lives. When we die, we are judged and often returned to the mortal realm to live a new life, usually unaware of what we lived before." he explained.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:30 pm 

She nodded, "I am familiar with your beliefs... but you're dodging the question again... How would you assume to know secrets from the Tortoise from a previous life? Because as you said... people don't remember their previous lives. It's not just 'usually'..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:45 pm 

He shook his head. "There are times when the spirit is strong enough to assert aspects of itself into its new life. Memories may even surface under the right circumstances."

"I was in a shipwreck a year ago. The experience damaged my memory. As it returned, I had glimpses of older memories." he explained.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:48 pm 

"Can you tell whose memories? Or when?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:58 pm 

He was quiet for a time, finishing his meal. It was clear he was considering what to say.

"Muhaki Todoro." he finally answered quietly. "The memories are from long ago, from well before the Tortoise was founded to well after. The most recent memory to surface involved an angry boy shouting at me and a man with hair like yours reassuring me."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:41 pm 

"Cornejo... that's why..." She said with some surprise. She sat quiet for a bit pondering what had just been revealed.

"My grandfather knew him... my father in his youth too... It's possible the red haired man was my grandfather. There are not many with hair like mine in Merenae. And fewer who knew Teodoro."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:50 pm 

"There is a resemblance to you." he nodded. "Now you know my secret and why it is not one easily or openly shared, especially on the mainland."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:55 pm 

She nodded, "I have a question for you then... Have you ever heard the word Xantellados?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:05 pm 

A vision struck Edogawa when she worded it. Her face overlaid with another, older, male, but the hair were the same.

Quote:
"Yes, Don Teodoro. This may be the only way to preserve the Kingdom."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:11 pm 

He blinked. "I have. I am not sure what it is, but it involved your grandfather. It was a way to preserve the kingdom."

"How many nations were you saving, Teodoro?" he sighed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:26 pm 

She looked confused, "My grandfather...? A way to preserve the kingdom?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:30 pm 

He shrugged. "I remember an old man saying 'This may be the only way to preserve the Kingdom'."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:34 pm 

She let out a sigh with her nostrils. "I'd have to check with my brother... There's no fast way of communicating.... Hmmm..."

She thought for a moment, "You don't remember anything else...?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:37 pm 

"Just the angry boy. He was opulently dressed, but I don't know who he was." he shook his head. "All I ever see are fragments, I'm sorry."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:47 pm 

In the other parlour, Jose and Rita began their concert, to the cheer of the gathered crowd.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:51 pm 

No... Thank you. It’s more than I had. And it puts you into a bigger context... If my lord were here I’d want to introduce you... you’re strange for sure. But certainly special.” She replied while her mind still worked at possibilities.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:54 pm 

"If I remember anything more, I will tell you." he promised. "If you learn anything, please keep me informed."

Page 4 of 7 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next