Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:02 pm

Page 3 of 7 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: The Shanty Ones (D5, EE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:53 pm 

"Not planning on going back?" She asked with interest. "Because of the whole 'blasphemy' thing?"

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:56 pm 

"It is not official, but it was implied that I should build a new life out here." he nodded. "Things could change, I suppose, but it will take time."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:01 pm 

"I must admit... I tend to think part of the reason you are here is to try and find this woman you spoke of. It's the thing that makes the most sense." She said and then sipped her drink.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14 pm 

"Does it?" he grinned. "It's all a bit complicated, but I suspect that will be addressed soon enough. My purpose, however, is to serve. Hantei-no-kimi, for as long as he'll still have me. Whoever will, when he won't."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:15 pm 

"So you've found this woman?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:19 pm 

He shook his head. "It's probably best if she finds me, to be honest. Even then, it's best that she speak with Hantei-no-kimi."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:23 pm 

She chuckled, "Is that so? I didn't know walking into a den of hungry tigers was a wise decision."

She then smiled, "So when the Prince dumps you what is it you'd want to do?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 pm 

"It depends on what the tigers are hungry for." he shrugged. He pondered her question for a few moments before answering. "I'm a shipbuilder. That seems like the best thing for me to do. But, I am still interested in Teodoro Cornejo and the legacy that was left after he died. The Cornejo name could likely never be what it was, but I'd like to see it regain some prominence."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:34 pm 

"The Cornejo name is one with quite a bit of baggage where I am from... There are many people of importance who would prefer to see it stay that way..."

She tilted an eyebrow, "I wouldn't say that I'm one of them... My grandfather was friends with Teodoro from what I remember him saying. Why the interest in his legacy in particular?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:41 pm 

"Many in the Empire would not acknowledge it, but Teodoro was a hero. If not for him, things could have gone much worse against Hawthorne." he explained. "He will likely never be recognized in Rokugan. But, I'd like to see him recognized somewhere."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:49 pm 

"You see the problem there though, right? He's seen as having been too invested in foreign affairs. Having forgotten his home and people... they ostracized and debased he and his family. In fact because of his actions there was a serious civil conflict... the results of which depicted him in a less than admirable light." She took a sip.

"Someone like me has a great deal of empathy for a man like Cornejo. But there are not many places in this world where his name is respected. Beyond the leadership of the Tortoise I cannot think of any as a matter of fact."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:00 pm 

"I had not realized he had turned on Merenae in such a way." he sipped his own drink. "What was he doing? His time in the Empire was limited, overall. It doesn't sound as if he was here much, either. I'm certain he spent much of his life at sea, but that was expected of him, wasn't it?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 pm 

"Factionalism in Merenae can be pretty intensive. From what I understand he invested a great deal into connections with the Tarkhanate and other groups he had met during his travels... while he was quite successful, eventually that success came back to bite him. When King Felipe died, and Cornejo was at the height of his power, a group of nobles from the Almerias and the Algurias moved to reduce the amount of authority and influence he had over the new King. They called him back to the capital... and he refused. So his holdings were revoked and given to others. He never returned to Merenae... and his final end is somewhat of a mystery." She replied.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:55 pm 

"Politics." Edogawa sighed. "I guess it is the same in any nation."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:03 pm 

"Similar at times... and very different at others." She said with a tilt of her head. "So are you looking for people with a connection to the Cornejo's then... if you want to restore them to prominence?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:18 pm 

"Or, at least, an appreciation." he nodded. "I do realize that it cannot be what it once was, but it should not be anathema."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:25 pm 

"Times are different now in some ways... perhaps there may be room for some development. Do you know anyone who could assume the legacy of Cornejo?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:48 am 

"I am sure there are one or two." he shrugged. "Probably hidden in another family."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:00 am 

She scoffed, "This is what is frustrating about you... you're always so cryptic and unspecific."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:07 am 

"Let's say, for a moment, that you were Cornejo blooded. Would you want me to tell others about you? Would you tell others yourself?" he asked. "The problem with learning secrets is in knowing when you can reveal them."

Page 3 of 7 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next