Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Tiger Uppercut! [LE6]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:39 am 

After a long day, Ringo decides to check out a different watering hole. He admires the better design (compared to the West Port) of this place. He makes note of the tiger that seems to be serving as an attraction for the location.

/ Pioneer. +0.9 Ease /

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

Post subject: Re: Tiger Uppercut! [LE6]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:51 am 

Hard day for the samurai of the Mantis, there was only one thing that could cheer him up, and that was a lively geisha house, but since there were non of those on the island, that he could recall, then the samurai stopped by the closest thing to find entertainment, drinks and food.

The samurai opens the door confident and is happy to see his drinking buddy in the place already saving a spot.

"Ahoy, Ringo-san!"

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:54 am 

Ringo spots Wataru and waves him over with a smile and bows politely. "Konbawa Wataru-san. Have you had your rice today? Please join me. Drinking is better with company."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:54 am 

Wataru bows to Ringo, and sits beside the Crab, "I have had some rice, but it didn't seem to care much to my head. I was not very focused when I traveled up to the north side of the island, and when I was trying to map the area, I fell down a slope." The samurai showed the small bruises that he had from the fall, although there was no real damage to the samurai of the Mantis. "That ought to teach me to be a bit more care, and to watch were I'm stepping if I'm to be a proper explorer.

How did your day go?"

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:19 am 

Ringo nods. "Well be careful in the future. If you want, I can come explore with you next time. Sometimes it is better to have someone along to offer a helping hand."

He orders a bottle of wine for the table. "All things considered... it could have been worse. A drunk gaijin approached the prince and was cut down by his yojimbo. A few samurai and myself had to try to prevent the situation from getting out of hand."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:10 am 

"Maybe next time I should get myself a chaperone, although I'd be very embarrassed to fall in front of someone. At least this time it was me alone." He took one of the glasses of wine and filled it up, the smell was so different from sake, calling him to drink it and forget about the problem during the morning.

"I didn't hear about this attack against the prince!" The samurai was clearly surprised, although unsure if it was well deserved on the Prince for his highly attitude. But probably that feeling was born from resentment from losing his clan status the first time. "Could it be some type of group trying to attempt against our presence in this island?" he thought out loud, yet low enough so that only Ringo could hear it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:44 am 

Ringo chuckles at that. "Well if you ever want someone to carry you back, I can certainly help you out Wataru-san. Of course I will understand if you prefer Ran-san to do it." He grins a bit at that.

He smells the gaijin wine as well before he takes a sip from the glass that he poured himself.

"I think the gaijin merely thought the prince was someone completely different. It is a shame what happened. I think we did good damage control."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am 

"Well... Ran-san would be a very good companion, but I don't think I could hold myself, if you know what I mean." He gave sly grin to the Crab, though he was respecting the samurai-ko as much as he could, he could not avoid thinking about her every night as he went to bed. "And I am not sure of her skills yet, the only one I know of is of impressing me at every glance she has towards me."

"Well the Prince is the representant of the Empire, so if he were to be killed or damaged, that would mean war against the island people. I hope we do not reach such levels. This could be a massacre!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:49 am 

"You will have plenty of chance for that Wataru-san. I am honestly surprised that you didn't decide to share a living space together here. It would be less of a burden on your finances." Ringo says as a matter of pragmatism.

He nods. "Not only that but I suspect that either someone would had to have had committed seppuku and shouldered the blame. Or all of us would have been shamed for failing our duty to protect the Prince."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:34 am 

"Well, we already had some tough looks from Agasha Utsusemi-sama, she did not like the way that Ran-chan and I are public about our feelings, so knowing we live together might not be of her liking. And of course we still need our distance and our own space. We do see each other almost daily though."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:47 am 

Ringo nods. "Well I guess there is no hurry. You will be married soon enough."

He looks over at the cage. "So how do you think that captured that? Went into a den to steal a cub perhaps?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 am 

Wataru looked up to the cage, to the dark looking feline creature that was also source of the places name. It didn't seem to be happy there, and who would be? It was caged, in a limited space, with noise and strange things around it. "I don't know, but I wouldn't like to be around here if it gets out of its cage. That thing looks like it's angry with anything that has a human form."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 am 

"Probably. Well as long as it remains in the cage it does not matter too much aside from being an attraction and conversation piece." Ringo remarks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:09 am 

"At least here we don't need to leave our weapons at the door when we come in, otherwise that creature could destroy this place in a split second, don't you think?" The samurai looked up at the feline, "I wonder how it still remains alive up there when so many drunks stay around here. I would had thought they would had tried to kill it before when it snarled at them."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:16 am 

Ringo chuckles. "Maybe they are just too busy getting drunk to think about the tiger at all. It is a bit odd how they allow weapons in here. It seems to me like they are asking for trouble. Giving drunks access to their weapons."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:05 am 

"Well you'd try asking any of these to give up their weapons? They are uncivilized beings that don't fully understand the reality of service and honor to a nation." He looked at the bunch of drunks in the place, most of them lived on the island which was a Tortoise settlement, yet they had no affiliation to the Tortoise or to the Empire, or to anything but themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 am 

"It is kind of odd don't you think? We have people here on this island that have samurai decent, yet we never even heard about this place until we came here." Ringo comments.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:52 am 

"It was a well kept secret of the Tortoise, and they are a young clan to have that many secrets." There was a slyness to his words, as he did not trust the clan, and wanted Ringo to understand this as well. "I just wish that Ran-chan would join my clan instead of the other way around."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:24 am 

Ringo nods. "They have quite a bit of gaijin already mixed into their bloodline as far as I can tell. Yes, it is a shame. I am surprised that you both received offers from different Clans around the same time."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:43 am 

"This is something that has me also wondering..." The samurai scratched his head and came in closer to Ringo to whisper to him so that not many could hear. "I do not trust this new fake Champion of the Tortoise. From what I know of the clan, they hide much, and the husband of the previous Champion is one of the least to be able to claim hold of the clan. Should it not be the son who should be in head of the clan? And he had asked me to join the clan, and then asks Ran to join after it is known that we are to be wed."

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next