Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Old Friends? (D7, LE, Closed)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:59 am 

"Take my blood if you want it, my friend." he sighed. "I owe you that much, at the least. But, I honestly don't know what more to tell you. It has become very clear that I don't understand half of what's going on our here. Our mandate is to explore and to acquire assets for the Empire. The methods to do so were defined very vaguely, intentionally I believe. Some believe Jana is trying to gather power, so that he can seize the Throne after his father passes. I think the Emperor sent him out here for something, but I don't know what or why. I am very sorry that you have been involved in this. I don't know what Jama wants from Katarina. He would have protected her, if she supported him, a year ago. That may be what he'll offer. I don't think he sees her as an enemy, but he may be concerned by the threat she could become. She could undermine him out here. I imagine more of the locals would listen to her, than him. She could even undermine him back home, if she were to support their brother."

He frowned for a moment. "Does 'Xantellados' mean anything to you?"

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:32 am 

"Not really. But de Quijano has asked me about it already, so she's after the same thing." He frowned and grunted, looking around. "And I thought if I got myself an inn at the end of the world I could find some good life. How foolish of me. Things always catch up, it seems."

He paused, his brows gowing hawkish and a predatory look Edogawa had known from Dragon's Guard returned.

"If what you say is true I am married to the illegitimate but eldest daughter of your Emperor, and the unrecognised heiress of La Familia Hidalgo de Cornejo. It makes my son the eldest grandson of your Emperor and a challenger to a great amount of titles on both sides of the ocean. And Jama wants to meet her."

He grimaced.

"My brother will extend an invitation for him to La Finca. And only if she agrees. I will be the one to talk to her about this. Only this is how they can meet."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:00 pm 

"It's like it was a year ago." he drank deep. "There is something Teodoro did. I know it was significant, but I cannot recall what it was. Now, we are all involved in it and I can only hope I figure it out before it is too late."

"Set your own terms for the meeting. That's good. I would like to be there, but I understand if you do not want that. I understand If you do not want to see me again."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 pm 

Jose sighed. "I am not petty, Senor. Of all bad people of this world, myself included, you're just moderately bad and mostly for reasons you have no full control over." He leaned over to pat Edogawa. "But I promise nothing beyond the fact that I'll send word which way it will have gone. If you remember her for what she is, she might just plain not agree and nothing in the world would sway her." He chuckled bitterly. "It is ironic that this probably is the most Rokugani thing about her."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:23 pm 

He chuckled. "That's the other reason I told you. She would never have even considered it, if I asked her directly. I have a place not too far from here. I should be easy enough to find."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:15 pm 

Jose nodded, keeping patting Edogawa as if he had forgotten he should have stopped.

"That would be enough chitchat for us tonight though. I have family to consult on your revelations."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:21 pm 

"I do hope we can do this again, under more pleasant circumstances." he nodded. He stood and prepared to leave. "This is a good place, by the way. I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere."

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2