Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Dance of the Unicorn? (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 pm 

It had taken a lot of effort, but she had gotten all the mud out of her hair and probably away from all her skin. It had left her feeling raw, but not as badly as she felt about her ruined equipment. Some of them were easily replaced, and she wasn't lacking for clothing, but her mudcaked journal was quite a dark spot on the day.

On her way to see Bellena, Utsusemi strolled through the other parts of Nueva Esperanza. Hearing music from one of the establishements, along with the smell of food, she figured she might as well detour a little to take in a little more of the local culture. And with some nervousness, the white-haired lady entered the unfamiliar location.

(expecting)

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Dance of the Unicorn? (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 pm 

A talented girl around twenty who seemed to be having some Rokugani blood in her was confidently projecting her music and stage charisma over a happy crowd. She was now beginning a new guitar piece. The tigress in the cage was sceptical.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:33 pm 

Part of that happy crowd was a young woman with green eyes, hair hidden behind the soft violet and yellow folds of the cloth wrapped loosely around her head, leaving her face unconcealed. Her purple kimono-light garment, while made of material with unfamiliar designs, bore the mon of the Unicorn. She has a book open next to her, a plate and drink in front of her, and seems to be dividing her attention between the book and the songstress, though her eyes scan the crowd occasionally.

One such time her eyes land on Utsusemi, an unusual sight in a place like this, and she bows her head with a light smile in greeting.

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 pm 

Noting the greeting, and that the girl wore something that looked like a kimono, though not quite what she would have seen back in Rokugan... well, it did catch her attention, and Utsusemi assumed this might be one of these Unicorn she had heard about but not met yet.

The white-haired woman herself wore an attire that was an aesthetically pleasing blend of Rokugani and Merenaese, with a kimono-like jacket in pale green and silver over a deep sea-green Merenaese-styled skirt, completed with a simple sash of golden yellow around her waist. There was a dragon embroidered over the heart.

Moving over to the veiled young woman, Utsusemi bowed lightly. "May I sit with you, to listen to the music?" She spoke in Merenaese, but her strong accent made it clear it was not her native tongue. She cast an appriciative glance in the direction of the female performer.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:50 pm 

Ruqqayah rose and bowed in return. "Please, join me. I'm always happy to meet a new face," she responded in Merenaese, as well, out of respect for Utsusemi's use of it. She had an accent as well, but it was lighter, and a little more like those who spoke Mekhem around the Hoof. "I'm Iuchi Rukaya. It's a pleasure to meet you." It seemed like it might be easier in this case to use the Rokugani form of her name.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:59 pm 

"Thank you," she bowed once more, shifting her skirt slightly for modesty as she took a seat. "I am Agasha Utsusemi, part of the new arrivals that came here after the storm."

Then something clicked a little. "Oh, Iuchi?" Utsusemi tilted her head, taking in the details of Rukaya's clothing. "Same as Lord Iuchi, of the Ki-rin?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:19 pm 

"Ah, a friend of mine was just telling me about your arrival. I heard it was a rough arrival, but it sounded like your people are starting to get settled in," she replied. "Please let me know if there's anyone who might still need healing, or does in the future."

At the apparent realization, she nodded and smiled. She replies in Rokugani, still accented, but to a lesser degree than her Merenaese. "I am a part of the family of Lord Iuchi, though the name of our Clan has changed."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 pm 

She nodded with understanding. It truly was one of these Unicorn! But... this one didn't seem scary like some of them had been made out to be.

"Oh, I have heard much of your kin then from those who have met them during our brief time here," Utsusemi said with a small smile. Her Rokugani on the other hand was her true language, and its words flowed pleasantly from her. "I am of the Dragon Clan, founded by Lord Togashi, son of Lady Sun and Lord Moon. It is my first time meeting one of the Unicorn."

Another dip of her head, as she tried to find her balance between the decorum observed on the island and speaking Rokugani. "I am a healer myself of small skill, and most have recovered now, as far as I know, but thank you kindly for the offer."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:18 am 

"I hope they've been good ambassadors to the new arrivals so far, and that I can be a decent representative of us to you," she replied with a smile before taking a drink. "The Dragon Clan... I remember learning of your Clan. Our stories are from the early days, though. We know so little of what's transpired in the Empire since we left..."

"Oh, really? Would you be willing to talk shop with me at some point? We've had to change things quite a bit in adapting to a land where speaking with the kami is difficult, so we might be able to learn something new from one another," she suggested cheerfully.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:23 am 

"As we know only tales of your kin before the exodus led by your Lady," she smiled as well, nodding her head respectfully as she spoke of the Kami. "From what I have heard, there might be some minor misunderstandings, given different backgrounds, but all in all welcoming to us."

There was only that one incident with the herald and their priest, but surely, there was probably a misunderstanding there.

"I would not be opposed to such, no, as I always try to improve my own skill. I am no shugenja, so I have to rely on what I know, so I can understand where you are coming from with not being able to call upon the kami for aid." Her chuckle was warm and friendly, and her attention drifted slightly to the music. "Are... are there still shugenja among the Unicorn?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:39 am 

"Oh dear... I might have to find out what's going on with that. It would be nice if we could come to a better understanding with our long-distant countrymen," she replied with a sigh, shaking her head. "Though I guess there will always be some disagreements between people."

"I do need to improve my skill in practical medicine," she mused with a nod. At the question, she shook her head. "No... The Iuchi family are mainly sahirs now, which is a wholly different method. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the term. A few of us can speak to the kami a bit, but the method is... roundabout."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:04 am 

"There will always be disagreements with people," Utsusemi agreed with a good-natured sigh, "hopefully cooler heads prevail."

She blinked, a little puzzled. "I do not think I have heard of it before? It is a different way for priests to commune with the spirits?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:41 am 

She shook her head. "Hmm... Well, you're not wrong, but it's more like a totally different system. Not many sahirs can use their abilities to talk to the kami."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:48 am 

A part of her was glad Ryuden was not here, as he would absolutely be interested in picking the Iuchi's brains on this foreign magic. Utsusemi was content to not press the matter too much.

"Hm, I see... that sounds quite different. No doubt, many of our priests would be quite interested in learning more about this from you, but I can understand if such could quickly become a little too much to speak about at length," she spoke with a friendly tone, and looked back at the performance.

"It is a little overwhelming to think that we are meeting your kin here, of all places. There is so much that has happened in the Empire, and no doubt much that has happened to you as well. It is hard to know where to begin, but if you wish to ask anything, I will do my best to answer."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 am 

"I'd be very interested in learning what has been going on in the Empire since we left... I'm not sure what to ask first... I'm sure it would be quite a long story from beginning to end."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:10 pm 

"Hm, it is quite a lot, as I imagine it is for you as well," she mused as she listened to the music. "But this might not be the best place for it? Given that it would probably quite lengthy... maybe we could meet again some other place for that? Right now I am more interesting in learning more about eachother?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:00 pm 

"I agree entirely," she replied with a nod and a smile. "I'm curious what brings you here, Agasha-san. What made you decide to travel so far?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 pm 

"Duty, Iuchi-san," she said simply first. "Rather... my husband asked of me to go, as he was not able to, and so I am here with the Explorers in his place. Truth be told, I had never really travelled much before, and certainly not by sea..."

Utsusemi chuckled softly. "But I am enjoying the new sights and the new experiences. This island is very different from home, after all, and as an artisan, I am filled with new inspiration."

"And what about you? What has brouht you to this island?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 pm 

"Being an artisan is your primary specialty?" She asked with interest. "As for me... Research. Many cultures overlap here, in a different way than in Medinaat al-Salaam and Aqahba. I'm hoping to learn new things about the practices and rituals of others."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:20 pm 

"You're in luck with so many Rokugani here then. Perhaps I can be of some assistance," she smiled. "And yes, being an artisan my primary speciality, so to speak. I am trained in several of the traditional artforms, such as painting, calligraphy, music, but poetry and the art of the tea ceremony is my strongest focus."

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next