Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Dance of the Unicorn? (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:29 pm 

"I am indeed... Your arrival was fortuitous in that regard, though it's unfortunate how it had to occur," she nodded. "Ah, I hope you might be willing to let me experience any of your arts at some point in the future. We have a form of ceremony using coffee, but I don't know it terribly well."

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 pm 

"Coffee ceremony?" she blinked a little. "I have had coffee, but never experienced a coffee ceremony, hm... interesting."

"But I would be more than happy to share in Rokugani arts, including tea ceremony. I would understand if it might not have continued on with the Unicorn, as not all of these traditions had yet come into place when you left the Empire - Lady Doji-Kami was the one to establish the many different forms of art, along with her son, Doji Nio."

Utsusemi brushed a hand against her white hair. "I was part of Lady Doji's Clan before I married my husband."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 pm 

She smiles. "Maybe I'll take the time to learn the ceremony soon to share it."

"That would make sense... I know a bit of calligraphy, but it may look quite different from yours."

"Ah, I see... The great breadth of knowledge of the arts makes sense, then. I'm impressed."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:44 pm 

Her head dipped slightly. "Thank you, but I am still learning in many fields." Such a shame Koharu had not come along for the expedition, Utsusemi thought, as the young Doji was such an exceptional painter.

"Would your calligraphy be like what I have seen of written Merenaese and Thranish?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 pm 

"Hmm... Not like that... Have you seen written Mekhem in Little Aqahba?" She asked. "It's something like that."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:58 pm 

"I am not sure if I have... I have seen some places that might have writing, but it seems very decorative, I'm not quite sure if it is decor or writing." She tapped a finger against her cheek as she considered if she had seen it or not.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 pm 

"It's often both," she replies with a smile. She opens one of the books with her to a blank page and takes out her writing kit. "It's something like..." She wrote out her full name in Mekhem in a similar highly stylized way that almost looked more like an abstract drawing, then wrote it out below in a linear, straightforward way. "Like this."

Fluff Intelligence/Calligraphy: 5d10o10k4 27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:11 pm 

Utsusemi watched with great interest as Rukaya illustrated the Mekhem writing, marvelling at its elegance in comparison to the alphabet of Merenaese and Thranish. Yes, this language certainly had more soul to it.

"Yes, I have seen it," she confirmed. "It is really beautiful. In ways, it remind me of Rokugani, in its elegance, but also very different."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:28 pm 

"I can see what you mean... There is a distinct elegance to both," she agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:34 pm 

"Is it difficult to learn?" she asked, interest piqued.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:37 pm 

"Hmm... I don't think so, though I grew up with it, so perhaps my perceptions is biased," she admits with a rueful smile. She perks up quickly, though. "Would you like to try learning it at some point in the future?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:43 pm 

"Oh..." her face flushed slightly. "Maybe...? At least, it wouldn't hurt to learn a little while I am here, seeing as it is used often on this side of the island, around Little Aqhaba. I am still mastering Merenaese, but perhaps I should give this a try too?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 pm 

She shrugged. "It's just an offer, no pressure to do so," she replied with a smile. "If you'd like help or just more practice with either one, I'm happy to offer."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:59 pm 

"I shall have to teach you something in return then," she smiled warmly, grateful for the offer. "That is only fair, yes?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:09 pm 

"That's very generous... I would be quite interested to learn from you," she returned the warm expression.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:15 pm 

"What might be of interest to you then? Seeing as you already speak Rokugani very well so there is not much I could teach you there," she tilted her head with a curious expression. The girl had seemed interested when she spoke of the arts.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:18 am 

"I'd like to learn more of the traditional arts that have blossomed in our absence," she replied thoughtfully, nodding to herself. "Whatever you might be willing to teach."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:25 am 

Oh bless her sweet heart!

Utsusemi was positively delighted at the possibility of teaching a member of Lady Shinjo's lost clan about the culture Lady Doji had created. It was like a joining of the two sisters' clans!

"Of course, I'd be more than happy to," she nodded happily. "You should visit my temporary home in westport. I have brought with me some of my works, that might interest you, as well as tea from Rokugan. I find it hard to conduct a tea ceremony without the more traditional choices, to be honest, even if I have enjoyed the many different drinks and dishes I have tried here."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:50 am 

"Oh, I'd love to," she enthused. "Whenever you're free, of course. It's exciting, the idea that I might be able to taste tea from our homeland."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:01 am 

"I will certainly make time for you in the coming days, Iuchi-san," the Agasha nodded.

"And we can speak more of other things too... like how I notice that your clothes are in the shape of kimono, but I do not quite recognize the fabrics. And I have seen women near Little Aqhaba who wear similar scarves as you do." There was nothing in her tone that indicated she thought anything lesser of it, but rather a genuine and innocent curiosity.

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next