Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: D8-EA A Diplomatic Mission...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:09 am 

OH GOD I NEED TO SAVE ALL THE FACE with Juanito (Awareness 4, Etiquette 7, Etiquette Master 5 +1k0, Benten's Blessing +0k1, 1FR Juanito Disads): 10d10o10k6+5 60

OH GOD I SCREWED UP SO MUCH against Hinami (Awareness 4, Etiquette 7, Etiquette Master 5 +1k0, Benten's Blessing +0k1, 4FR from Hinami Disads): 10d10o10k6+20 69

It was then that Anzai realized something. He had made a huge mistake. And the process had been started. He knew he could not interfere with the gift giving ceremony. And why the Governor giving his fan to Hinami had escaped his mind as to what the Princess might think. Anzai's eyes went wide as it all clicked into place. While he had been busy trying to assure the people of Kameyama Jima that the Explorer's were not there to conquer or impart their own culture... he may had forgotten the importance of his own.

"Don Juan de Almeria, I've made a terrible mistake. While I understand that presenting a lady a fan in Merenae is acceptable, in Rokugan... it carries with it a certain... intimacy. I owe you the gravest of apologies for losing myself, and not conveying that.

He quickly turned to the rug, bowing before Hinami, his own face to the floor.

I'm honest, honest! (Awareness 4, Sincerity 4, Benten's Blessing +0k1, 4FR from Hinami Disads): 8d10o10k5+20 86

"Hime-sama. I do not wish to rob you of your honor or your station. In my exuberance to bring about a smooth meeting, I forgot myself, and all of this. In Merenae, the symbology of fans does not carry the same meaning as it does for us. The Governor says he takes full blame for not being prepared. He assures you, the rug can be cleaned quickly. He only wishes you to have a replacement fan so you may hide your blush without doing this. He finds you quite graceful and lovely, and he begs of you, to please not do this. He has nothing but friendly thoughs towards you." How could he be so foolish, how could he have forgotten this, of all things!

Raising from the bow, he looked to the Governor.

"Once the gift giving ceremony has begun, it cannot be stopped, without disrespecting you. I apologize again. Our two people, have much to learn from each other, and this is where a lack of understanding has muddied the waters. I deeply, truly am sorry."

"Hime-sama, should you require me to cleanse this stain with my own honor... I shall. This was never my intention." He looked on, stoic, stone faced.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:05 pm 

Hinami just gave a look to Anzai when he offered his sincere apologies for this situation. She raised her head. She kept silence and tried to keep her On as best as she could. His apologies came a bit too late as the whole gift-giving ceremony has already began, and a samurai always does what he says. She is offering the gaijin the oportunity to show the sincerity behind his words, even if the gift was quite insulting to her pride.

Hinami could understand that Juan did not knew the meaning that exchanging fans carried in her culture and after Anzai's words she was a bit relieved that Juan's offer was not what she initially had thought.

But, this is the second time that a man treated her inappropriate. First it was Zabieru 'offer' of sharing his bed with her, then Anzai insinuating something inappropiate with Juan. Maybe it was her fault? Perhaps she was somehow giving men the wrong impression about herself...Hinami was really confused.

Hikari has always been the stronger of the twins, she thought. That was the truth. What would her sister had done in the same situation? Probably she would had grabbed a sweet and laugh. She admired her sister in that regard. Since they were little girls when a bad joke or prank was played against them Hikari was always laughing afterwards, the same could not be said for the youngest twin. Hinami was different, she was far more sensitive, she took things to the heart easily...that was her true personality.

The mask of a hardliner dangerous Otomo trained kuge hides the reality that Hinami was a really shy woman. Since she was born, she also has been quite sensitive to everything that surrounded her. She had a gift, the shugenja of her family said. But she wasn't so sure that it could be considered a gift at all...

'' I'm pleased to hear that your rug can be cleaned and the damage is not permanent but unfortunately I must decline your offer again, Hua..Huanu Alu..Alumeriya. That beautiful fan clearly is meant for someone graceful and refined. Qualities that I do not possess, apparently. You should keep it and give it to someone worthy of it...'' She rejected the gift for a second time.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:16 pm 

"Then we shall continue until it's done. There is no reason to disrespect your rather charming customs, and certainly the princess deserves better than that. You, on the other hand, Senor, should learn a lot more about how to be a caballero to ladies of good birth and grooming. You can tell her that my gift comes with no innuendo but as a sign of my genuine hospitality and appreciation of her exotic grace. In my house every woman's virtue is absolutely safe and any man who tries to cross me on this will end with my rapier's blade through his torso." Juan respectfully nodded to Hinami.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:41 pm 

"Of course, Don Juan de Almeria. I intend to correct that deficiency as quickly as possible." He was relieved at the easy going nature of the Governor. He would act as instructed, and without anymore hint of innuendo and tease, translating between the pair.

"Hime-sama, the governor wishes to assure you that a ladies virtue is safe within his home and any man that tries to besmirch it will find themselves run through with the blade of their rapier. Again, he offers the fan without hidden meaning, a gift showing his benevolent hospitality." He would whisper the words to her, his tone infinitely more serious.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:30 pm 

'' Then I must accept this gift and the sincerity behind your good intentions, Hu..Huanu Alumer...iya...'' Hinami bowed respectfully and extended both hands, finally accepting the fan.

She was blushing. Not only because of the words that Anzai translated for her, but also because of accepting a fan from a man. Sure, the fan didn't have any sort of hidden meaning but it was still quite a strange feeling for her.

Her eyes lingered for a moment at this fan. It was not so different compared to a rokugani fan, that was important. She wondered if she will use it afterward of the meeting or not...it came from a gaijin's hands after all, but it did not have any sort of hidden meaning, right? But it was a savage item made by a barbarian, but it was 'appropriate' for Hinami, but...

But it was expected that she will use it here. She opened it with great skill and once again covered her blushing feminine features with it. Her On was still far from recovering but now she could, at least, hide behind. The words of the evil kansen were still resonating inside her head...

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:46 pm 

"I hope you like it, Donna Hinami." He smiled gently, then self-reflected. "For entirely innocent and dignified reasons, of course. Now, where were we? I believe it was about a wine toast." She passed another glass he had poured into before to Hinami and looked at Anzai "If you could repeat your earlier idea, Senor. I swear, receiving high-profile social calls requires a lot of micromanagement." He added humorously, then self-reflected again. "Don't translate the last part, please. That wasn't my best. Like I said, the princess deserves better." It was clear that he was a bit distracted by Hinami's bashful conduct.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:30 am 

"Repeat what, exactly?" He gave the Governor a knowing nod, before once again raising his glass. "To truly moving to the undiscovered country, lasting friendship and unity between our two great nations. And most importantly, to finding understanding and lasting bonds of friendship. Salud! Utz!" He had opted to change the toast slightly, in order to better reflect the position they were all in now.

There was still one slight issue in the room. Turning to Megumi-san, Anzai offered her his glass of wine. "We cannot forget Hime-sama's most eloquent and considerate aide. Please, partake with us."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:43 am 

More calmed now, Hinami partook in the toast. She tasted the wine, which was not good, but not bad either.It was a strange for Hinami since this was the first time she tasted this type of alcoholic beverage. Gaijin wine, she has drank other types of more traditional Rokugani alcoholic drinks in the past, others than sake of course.

Megumi shaked her head when Anzai approached her. '' I'm truly honored by your invitation Shosuro-sama, but I'm just an aide. Please, don't worry about someone like me'' She replied in merenaese and politely refused his invitation with a bow. She was only a ronin after all. Hinami turned around to observe her aide, both women exchanged some looks and then Hinami turned around back to her original position. Now that her On recovered, it was time for formal affairs. Her lips were hiding behind the fan and her face was now more serious.

'' Shosuro-san, please translate this.'' Her original plan could not be maintained now, not after her debacle so she was going to use her beautiful voice in all her majesty.

'' The Divine Emperor, as you may know, has declared his intention to open our Empire to other lands and states beyond the domains of Suitengu-no-kami. For that reason, the Son of Heavens has, in all his divine wisdom, given permission to his second son, our most beloved prince, Hantei Jama-no-kimi to explore the vast unknown reaches of Ningen-do...''

A pause to inspect the gaijin. Nothing inappropriate.

'' Hantei Jama-denka wishes that we share our culture and traditions to those who live outside our borders. There are many oportunities for common ground, the Tortoise clan presence here is one example. But the Tortoise clan,whom have served honorably all these years, is just one of the many clans and families that serve under the Shining light and guidance of Hantei dynasty.''

A second pause. The young Seppun princess gently fanned herself.

'' As such, i do believe it would be better for everyone, that East and West Port should create a formal communication system, so we could share ideas with more efficiency, foresee problems before they arise, and create solutions for those that are already here. We should speak respecting formal channels of communication.''

A third and final pause. Hinami's gaze was fixed upon the gaijin governor.

'' Of course this is just an idea that I do believe could improve our relations here. The existing channels of comunications could and should be respected. But to achieve that I propose that we name honorable people to serve as ambassadors. That could be a solution.''

She finished her speech and waited for Anzai to translate. She watched the gaijin interested in his reply.

[OOC]

You don't need to translate word for word Anzai. That is not my intention here, just write that you translated my wall of text. I do encourage you to add anything that your character thinks could be interesting.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:15 pm 

Juan waited patiently for the translation, watching the little shenanigans, then quite attentive about Hinami's speech and her other ways of expressing herself. Such exoticism was fascinating. Unlike his brother, Juan had not been extensively exposed to Rokuganiness before, and his first real contacts with ladies from the Emerald Empire were coloured by wariness and suspicion. With Hinami pretty like from a picture in grulla style, dressed like a doll, speaking like a sweet child despite being a woman and making gestures like a flamenco dancer Juan was not exactly aware of how it was affecting him, but it was. His wine had disappeared rather fast as sipping seemed to be his best coping mechanism.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:27 pm 

For his earluer arrogance and seeming pride in his own cleverness, Anzai took to the task of translation, especially regarding the means by which Hinami offered, quite seripusly. He found no reason to embellish, but rather ensure that the message was presented in as positive a light as possible.

If the opportunity presented itself, Anzai would take the decanter, refilling Juan and Hinami's cups as they drank, similar to sake service. All while still translating between the two.

In spite of the esrlier faux pas, he seemed to actually enjoy the way the Governor and Hinami were interacting. There was no further need to add any more sweet little whispers.

That door had been blown wide open.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:45 pm 

Juan needed a moment to process it as he was not free from certain distractions.

"Senor, please translate the following: there exists a coordination mechanism between both parts as well as between both communities of the East Port, and it has worked very well in the past. But my understanding is that Donna Jinami refers to such channels that would involve the authorities Imperiales de la Tierra Esmeralda, not just La Familia Tortuga Donna Ubarri represents. In La Nueva Esperanza we are learning to live with the new reality created by your expedition."

He accepted the wine refill. "This idea can be accommodated if acceptable liaisons, scrap that, political envoys are established that can be available in the East Port. It is my guess that Donna Jinami sees herself as a part of the mechanism but I wonder about the position, no, capacity, no, role she wishes to assume." He looked at his wine suspiciously, then moved the glass aside after one sip.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:32 am 

Of course, Anzai would be diligent in translating the governor's words. But he also was someone who saw an opportunity. Nodding in agreement, he looked to the governor, after translating. "If I may be so bold, Don Juan De Almeria. I believe there is someone here in East Port who could act as that go between. Ide Akaichou-san. She is one of the Unicorn, and has quite a diplomatic tone herself. I believe she would be an excellent candidate for such a position." He then looked to the Princess, and remarked to her the same thing, in Rokugani, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:56 am 

Hinami observes the gaijin governor as Anzai translates for her. She was surprised when the name of the fake Ki-rin was said by Anzai but she did not made any comment about it.

The Seppun princess did the same as Juan, she moved the wine aside. She did not want to be drunk during this important meeting.

'' You are not wrong, Hua...nu Al..umeriya. '' She nods. '' This new coordination mechanism is to ensure that the Empire, at large, has a direct line of communications with the ones that you represent. It is only natural that the Imperial Bureaucracy will be the ones in charge of such important position...''

'' As for what will be my role in this whole idea, well, I don't want to presume anything...'' She fanned herself gently. '' The final decision can only be made by Hantei-no-kimi, but I do believe that I could do the most good as an ambassador. If Hantei-denka deems me worthy, I would be honored to serve him as the representative of the people of Rokugan. '' She said.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:09 pm 

Anzai continued to translate, also following suit. While the wine was delicious, the flavor of tobacco and shoe leather, a high tannin content showing the terroir of the vineyard, it was at this point, a mere prop for their discussions. The glass remaining untouched at this point. So, Hinami also wished to be an ambassador. It would be interesting. But he would keep that closer to the chest, for himself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:39 pm 

Juan pondered.

"So, if I understand you correctly, Donna Jinami, you wish to be important for a bit longer here on La Isla, and before you approach your superior to grant you the right to assert a position and representation of interests of La Tierra Esmeralda, you wish to be able to bring up a good relationship with me as a point to consider. This would be very sensible, and I would be honoured. If this guess isn't too adventurous, I can add this is entirely possible that such a working relationship could emerge between us. I wouldn't protest seeing you more often at all. You see, I have an art collection I would like to appreciate with someone who knows what it is about."

He inclined his head, looking at her curiously. He enjoyed seeing her fanning herself with his fan.

"But I understand that you would sometimes prefer to act through intermediaries. Your Escorpion friend seems to be very willing to advance his own profile, and in a direction that may be uncomfortable for you to handle but also unwise to ignore. Senor seems to have a working relationship with an Ide emissary. Am I right, Senor?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:12 pm 

"The Governor feels that a working relationship between you and he may best, Hime-sama." Anzai ended his translation of the initial sentiments, "And to have your company in appreciation of certain pieces of art, for the sake of strengthening your position as an ambassador, as well as the further understanding between you both, in pursuit of your position." His words were spoken barely above a whisper, just for the Seppun to hear.

And then the question directed to him. Anzai nodded in agreement, hiding his own smile at the thought. "Si, we do indeed. She and I have grown quite amicable towards each other. I believe she would be an excellent choice, given her position with the Unicorn, and here in East Port."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:30 pm 

Art collection? Hinami's eyes shine. That really got her attention...

'' A good working relationship with you will be welcomed and appreciated. Mutual understanding is a very important step for a harmonious condition.'' She nods, her beautiful voice behind her new fan. '' Unfortunately I'm no expert, but I do appreciate the intricacies and beauty of creative expression. I would be honored to observe your collection, Huanu Alum...eriya'' She said, with interest.

She did not comment about the Scorpion ambition or his working relationship with the fake Ki-rin woman. Actually, Hinami has not even looked the Scorpion during the entire meeting, since the fan affair. She limited herself to let him translate her and Juan's words. Nothing else.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:57 pm 

Anzai of course, had noticed how Hinami had no longer really regarded him. That was too be expected at this point. Still, he had set about the task, and would continue to fulfill it. He translated her words as expected.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:16 pm 

"Then I believe we have an idea how we can proceed about fostering contact, Donna Jinami. I hope we can meet soon again, at our mutual convenience."

It wasn't bad in Juanito's mind that she was an amateur in art just like him. Sometimes shared appreciation of things was enough for... well... a working relationship?

He took a sip of wine after all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 pm 

Hinami turn around and this time it was Megumi that translated for her. The ronin aide approached her and whispered to her ear.

'' Then, i'm looking forward to hearing from you, Hua..nu Al...umeriya'' Hinami closed her new fan with a graceful move and she put it inside her obi. '' We can leave the details of the next meeting with our servants...'' She made a respectful bow. Then she picked up her wakizashi and also put it back inside her obi.

'' I do not wish to use more of your precious time, surely you have many important things to attend to.'' She raised from her seiza. '' It was a honor to meet you Hu...Huanu Alum...eriya and I hope that this meeting will be the first of many more.'' She bowed again. '' May the Seven Fortunes bless you path. I wish you a good day.''

She took two steps backwards and then turned around. '' Shosuro Anzai-san, may I have a word with you?'' She said without looking at him and without stopping . Her tone was completely neutral.

D13 Theme

Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next