Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: D8-EA A Diplomatic Mission...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 am 

"I never implied I was your only ally, or your only friend." He laighed with her, his own confidence exuded through his posture. "We Scorpion are the Underhand. You know this, I know this. The enemy to keep the others from even thinking of uniting against the Son of Heaven."

Playing his card against her. "And you need the best ally you can have. Especially considering your... Obligation, Seppun-sama. I am not your enemy. I respect you, and your station. Now, are we done playing games, and can we set about ensuring the success of this mission for the Throne?"

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 am 

'' Yes, we all know this. '' She said, without smiling this time. Great job you did during the Gozoku, Underhand... Hinami thought. '' You also know what we are...'' She refered to the Otomo duty.

Hinami was actually having a good time speaking with this arrogant Scorpion, until he used that tone of voice with her. '' Firstly, don't you ever use that tone against me, Shosuro-san. I'm a kuge. I don't know what type of impression I gave to you, but I'm not playing games here.'' This time she really felt insulted. Her tone of voice was firm but not loud.*

'' Secondly. What obligation? '' She was genuinely surprised. '' Don't know what are you talking about Shosuro-san. Perhaps you could enlighten me?'' **

[OOC-Rolls]

Lewd Scorpion making me roll constested againts his multiple FR

• *1) Intimidation (Control)/Willpower; +1k0 Prodigy; No Honor Loss; The Voice of Heaven - 27 |Contested
  • **2) Sincerity (Deceit)/Awareness; +1k0 Prodigy; +1k1 Void, +0k1 Benten's - 22 |Contested

• -0.3 Honor from using a low skill even if I don't have Deceit emphasis.
No matter Orokos decided for me... :cry:

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:46 am 

Resisting The Voice of Heaven (Willpower 3, Etiquette 7, +Honor, 4FR (used as static +5s): 10d10o10k3+22 44

Are you lying to me, Seppun-sama (Perception 3, Investigation 3): 6d10o10k3 20 (Waiting on GM ruling if I get free raises on this or not from Bayushi one, either way, outcome will be the same, it will be just Anzai playing off making her think she lied, or she actually lied.)

"Of course, I was out of line." He bowed respectfully to the Seppun. He could easily brush off her tone, her anger, but he was a diplomat. It wouldn't due. "When it comes to this mission, I find my sense of Duty propels me to seek out success, no matter the cost. I should not take it out on you." He smiled as he watched her, looking down at her, if only because he was taller than her. "If you can forgive my tone, I believe we can present a strong, unified front to the Governor."

And then her question about the Obligation. He merely raised an eyebrow. "Well... our obligation to our Duty, of course. I wouldn't mean any other thing." Had he guessed correctly from what she had revealed earlier? Or was he being a Scorpion, always so Scorpion? Or had she actually managed to lie to him?

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:23 am 

'' I said what I said for your own sake, Shosuro-san. Others might not see your sense of duty as a positive thing but as an insult, especially if you are not giving proper respect to the Celestial Order.'' She said behind her fan, calmly. ''In any case, I accept your sincere apologies. There's no need to make an issue about that. Please, raise your head.'' She said.

'' Huh?...'' The Seppun princess was confused. '' Right...I guess so...'' She raised an eyebrow. '' Sure, we all have an obligation to our duty. And I don't see you as an enemy, Shosuro-san. I cannot view you as such, I have just met you.'' She sincerely said. She was a quite annoyed by the fact that he was a Scorpion and an arrogant one but besides that Hinami has not formulated any sort of opinion about Anzai.

''But let me say this. Service to the Imperial families is always remembered and since you are my temporal translator for today, if you serve me well, perhaps I could find another task were we could work together.'' She adds.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:51 pm 

They arrived before the door to the governor's office. A cry of a small child was coming from one of the further rooms down the corridor.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:57 pm 

Hinami turned her head, curious about the child's cry but did not move from the governor's room door. She fanned herself gently as she waited until they were allowed to enter. Behind her the ronin translator Megumi was just silently waiting as well.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:05 pm 

"I will strive to leave a most positive impression for you, Seppun-sama." He acknowledged her allowing him to save them both face, as they arrived at the door to the office. An eyebrow raising as the sound of a crying child was heard. There was an instinct to see to it, but it was quickly waved away. After all, he was here to lay the groundwork for both his future, and the success of the Scorpion clan.

"I would be much enjoy to work with you again." He spoke from the side of his lips, as he looked to the doors, waiting for them to open.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:26 pm 

"Don Juan, your guests have arrived." The butler was gone after this introduction.

The 'office' was more like a parlour to rest and enjoy time for reading despite having a desk and a bookshelf. Maybe in the real office there was some big map of the world Juanito didn't want to show the foreigners.

Youngest de Almeria bowed in Merenaese fashion to them, his expression definable as polite.

"It is my understanding that I receive important guests today. Perhaps you could elaborate on that premise as the wine is poured?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:03 pm 

Since Megumi was the person of lowest status here, she went forward to present the two imperial explorers to Juan. The ronin woman made a respectful rokugani bow to the gaijin governor.

'' Don Juan de Almeria, I have the honor to introduce you to Princess Seppun Hinami, daughter of Don Kentoshi, Señor of the Imperial Seppun family of the Empire of Rokugan, and Don Shosuro Anzai, member of the Shosuro family of the most esteemed Scorpion clan of the Empire of Rokugan. Both are members of the Imperial Explorers under orders of the Imperial Prince of Rokugan, Hantei Jama. '' She presented them to Juan and then leaved Anzai the job of being the main translator here.

Hinami bowed with grace and with respect to the gaijin. She clearly had an aura of nobility all around her, her clothes were of top quality, her jewelry, makeup everything denoted her position inside Rokugan.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:44 am 

Part of Anzai wanted to see if bowing in the Merenaese style would tweak the Seppun princess, but now was not the time. He smiled at the way Megumi introduced them, and bowed in the most traditional Rokugani way to the Governor.

Once the introductions were past, the Scorpion looked to Don Almeria.

"On behalf of the Princess, and myself, thank you for taking the time to meet with us, Governor. You and the citizens have been most gracious hosts, and we hope that this is the start of a new age of cultural exchange and friendship." Other than his accent, Anzai's Merenaese was perfect in grammar and flow.

"That is, in fact, why we are here. We are here as emissaries of the Empire, seeking to see what we can do to further strengthen the bonds between our two great nations. We have been informed that you would be the man to speak to about that."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:32 pm 

Juanito's gaze lingered for a moment on the princess, then bowed once again, more elaborately, with an intricate handwaving technique.

"While I am Juan Pablo Ildefonso de Almeria y Pavo de Estremaviedo. You speak very profoundly about your noble intentions, as could be expected of your courteous kin." He glanced at the decanter. "In the spirit of these intentions, be my honourable guests. Donna Hinami, would you and your compañero enjoy a glass of good wine?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:10 am 

Hinami fanned herself slowly and gracefully. She inspected the gaijin for a moment, then moved her gaze somewhere else. Her On was completely neutral, as etiquette dictates. She sat in seiza, as it would be expected for her own culture, and took out her peace-bonded wakizashi from her obi and placed it to her right with the hilt not directed to Juan.

She noticed that Juan was asking something to her and to Anzai. She correctly deduced that he was probably offering them some drink or something, because of the decanter. She made a slight nod accepting the offer. Her eyes were the only part of her face that was not covered by her fan.

Her strategy here was to use her status and nobility to create an impression, much like the Divine Emperor does with his own subjects, she will not speak loudly and only whisper behind her fan to Anzai to convey her thoughts to the governor. Megumi on the other hand was close to Hinami but looking on another direction, to create a false sense of privacy between the Princess, Anzai and the Governor.

She whispered to Anzai. '' Tell him that I'm honored to be here and offer my sincere apologies for arriving without announcing my intention to visit beforehand.'' She was referring to the rokugani tradition of giving the host time to prepare before receiving visitors.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:31 am 

Anzai would politely take the wine when offered. Where Hinami sat in seiza, Anzai continued to stand, his hands folded behind him. Leaning to hear Hinami's words, he nodded. "The Princess wishes to relay that she is honored to attend, and that she sincerely apologizes for arriving without sending word before our arrival." As promised, perhaps even to the Seppun's surprise, Anzai translated her intent and words as precisely as possible.

The young Scorpion kept his eyes on the Governor, assessing him, while remaining pleasant and proper for doing so.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:10 am 

"This is completely excusable for a princess, particularly this graceful, less so for you, Senor!" Juan smiled as he poured the rubily ruminating tempranillo. He thought that sitting on the floor was a touch too Mekhemic for him when there were perfectly comfortable chairs available, but his rug was high-end so she truly didn't blame her. Instead, she decided to take it in stride and sat cross-legged before them, leaning in to pass the glasses, starting with Hinami, of which his ow was held by the next between fingers. "But you could redeem yourself by suggesting a toast that could meet your princess' approval."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:48 am 

Anzai hadn't missed the earlier gaze. And coupled with the Governor's words, an idea began to form in his head.

"The Governor says you are excused from not having made the announcement, lovely as you are. But there is no excuse for me. I must make a toast, to redeem my honor in his eyes." He spoke softly to Hinami, before accepting his own glass. Looking between the two, he bowed.

"To that undiscovered country, lasting friendship and unity between our two great nations. And more importantly, to new friends, May this be the first step to our own... closer bonds. Salud! Utz!" He raised his glass, and before drinking with the others, he leaned in closer to Hinami, to whisper.

"You know. I think the Governor finds you stunning and endearing... perhaps you could show him your favor, as an Imperial Princess. For the Empire, of course." His words, laced with those sweet little whispers to a rose.

D8 EA Tempting Hinami to flirt with the Governor (Awareness 4, Temptation 3, Seduction emphasis, 4FR for Hinami Disads, Benten Blessing +0k1, Dangerous Beauty +1k0): 8d10ro1o10k5 41 +20 for FRs to make total 61

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:21 am 

Hinami extended her right hand to accept the wine, her left hand was holding her fan of course. The Seppun princess' gaze lingered on the gaijin for a moment, but nothing that could be considered inappropriate, right? Afterall, she was the shining beacon of good behavior, the inspiration of many, many, poor souls that look up to her as the driving force of their lives. The noble flame that warm the heart...

At least, that's how Hinami thinks about herself. Maybe her eyes lingered for more than just a mere moment...lovely as she is?

She raised the cup to partake in the toast, even if she didn't understood a word of what Anzai said, except for Utz. She was about to drink when the poisoned sting came, the soft whispering of temptation, the offering of a forbidden fruit, the sweet nectar of desire. Anzai's words. Like a kansen, his words echoed inside Hinami's mind. Her heart beated like a thunder, suddenly she felt an untimely warm around her face, her eyes were still fixed upon the gaijin and with the evil kansen's words, she finally understood what was happening...

Her strength left her for just a fraction of a moment, but that was all that was needed to make Hinami drop the cup. The next event happened in just a flash. Instinctively she tried to pick the cup before it landed on the rug, tried to pick it up with her other hand, the hand that was holding her fan...

''...''

She took a moment to observe the mess that she caused. The gaijin's rug was stained with the reddish liquor. Fortunately she did not stained her clothes or those of the others, as she managed, somehow, to not drop the entire content of the cup.

But there was another thing that caused a deep emotional feeling in Hinami. The damage was complete. Her fan was ruined by the wine. To a courtier her fan is like the katana for a bushi, her soul and life, and because of Hinami's clumsiness, it was now ruined for good.

The Seppun princess had a complete set of conflicting emotions right now. She was deeply ashamed of her stupidity, she wanted to cry because of her attachment to her fan, she was still blushing because the kansen's words were still echoing inside her mind and of course she was angry with the vile arachnid, he caused this whole mess in the first place. She did not knew how to act. Maybe, for the first time in her life, she did not knew what to do. Moreover, she, just a few minutes ago, bragged that she was a trained courtier and now, with this tragedy happening, she had serious doubts about herself...

She only looked at her stained fan, there lonely over the rug, she could not manage to raise her head because of the shame.

[OOC-Rolls]

Not Rolling against the temptation with Willpower/Etiquette basically impossible
Rolling contested to see if Hinami could keep her On, Etiquette/Awareness vs 61 - 51 |Failed.

Hinami's fan is ruined beyond repair.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:00 am 

The governor... just chuckled into his fist in polite amusement and picked up the glass and the stained fan before rising.

"This is a good toast but I need to provide the princess with another glass of wine if she has to conclude it with us. Tell her I acknowledge my fault in this, having made too strong an impression, and will make amends."

After he rose he poured for Hinami another glass of wine from the decanter and took a Merenaese fan from a shelf that had been there as a decorative element. He folded it.

When he sat down, he turned it around in his palm and presented her with the right end to grasp with one hand, and a new glass of wine in the other.

"And tell her I understand that a princess should never be without a beautiful fan."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:31 am 

Things had gone better than Anzai had hoped. Than he could have dreamed. Then it went oh so horribly wrong. The Seppun princess dropped her glass of wine, the way she stained the carpet, and destroyed her own fan. He certainly hadn't intended that, only perhaps to see her flush.

And Kami bless the Governor. He looked to the man as he replaced the cup, and offered Hinami his own fan. Anzai hid his self satisfaction, by bowing his head to the other man.

"Seppun-sama. The Governor wishes to acknowledge his fault in this, he came across too strongly, and wishes to make it right. Please, accept his token of apology. He believes that a Princess such as yourself, should never be without her beautiful fan." The words were whispered low to her. He knew she was going to chastise him. He could almost already feel the sting of her palm against his face.

He also knew she'd never dare to let that out while others were around. He smiled to the Governor. He knew he had to act quickly, to help soften the blow, and allow the Princess a moment to collect.

Saving Hinami's On (Awareness 4, Etiquette 7, Etiquette Mastery 5 +1k0, Benten's Blessing +0k1, 1 FR from Juanito Disads: 10d10o10k6+5 56

"Please do not be offended if she refuses. In our culture, we have a ceremony of gift giving, whereby the one receiving the gift will refuse twice,
before accepting upon the third. It is to show proper respect and consideration for the gift that is being given, and to show that the one giving the gift that they are due their proper time."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:22 am 

There were no words to describe the situation in which Hinami was. This was beyond of just been humilliating. She was wrong about the vile arachnid know as Anzai. He is worst than Zabieru. She was angry, really angry, but she already stained the rug with wine, staining it with Anzai's blood will be a bit too extreme...

She tried to control her emotions, that were in complete disarray.

He left her without any choice. Hinami could not believe that a samurai could make this to an imperial kuge, to the daughter of the Seppun daimyo, to a woman. Was he doing this for fun? Did he really wanted to humilliate her like this? She said that she didn't want him as an enemy and now he was demeaning her. She tried to think how she will get out of this nightmare. There are no options, no alternative escape routes, since he was the governor of East Port and she was acting in the name of Hantei Jama-denka. She will have to cast her pride and dignity aside and play the Scorpion little game, if she wanted to keep a good impresion.

Hinami raised her head, shaking it lightly as a sign of the first refuse of the gift ceremony. She was still ashamed and could not keep her eyes on the gaijin governor '' I could not possibly accept such a fine fan, not after the mess I caused. Please, accept my deepest apologies for your rug and I will see that you are properly compensated for the damages i did today. Clearly I still lack refinement and etiquette, my sensei would probably be ashamed by my actions today...''

a pause.

'' There are no excuses for my mistakes, I am totally responsible for what I have done and am sincerely apologetic'' She bowed to the gaijin governor. Her forehead to the floor. If Anzai wanted to humilliate a kuge, his own culture and a woman, he has done it.

Megumi the ronin translator, was shocked. To see Hinami being humilliated in front of a gaijin like this would had been shocking for any Rokugani. '' Hime-sama, no please...'' she said quietly but dared not to intervene.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:37 am 

Juanito, a bit embarrassed by the profuseness of the reply was suspended in disbelief to what a great extent the Rokugani could overdo things and wallow in mishaps. He didn't need translation to figure out what she was saying, more or less. His chivalry triggered, he didn't wish Hinami to keep demeaning herself. He was not really aware of the Scorpion's role in this, nor of the cultural context, so he still thought the man was credible and genuinely wanted for this to go smoothly.

"No-no, tell the princess I take the full blame for not preparing this meeting properly. There should be less chairs and more rugs. This one can be cleaned quickly, so her fan is the only real victim. Hence I want her to have a replacement so she can hide her blush in other ways than bringing her face to the floor. You can tell her I don't mind her blush at all and find it comely and graceful. So I insist that Donna Hinami stops demeaning herself and just feels comfortable, as I have friendly thoughts toward her and don't take the whole situation against her. Which we should move on from as soon as possible."

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next