Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Through the Misty Fields (D9 EM)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:13 pm 

"Then we must emerge victorious, don't you think?" He spoke with self assuredness. Keeping pace with the Governor's horse.

"Otherwise, is not an option. I wish no ill will upon your family."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:48 pm 

"We are too big to be disregarded by any regime, so it's not this kind of a gamble. But the stakes are high still. It is a little known fact that my sister-in-law is a Cornejo by blood, so we have legitimacy of two old families behind us. But Quijanos have ever been close to the affairs of the Crown, and the Abertzales have every reason to fight for their own interests."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:56 pm 

"Then do we seek to unite the three families? Or at least find some commonality?" He raised an eyebrow, regarding the other man. He couldn't say for certain until he met with the others.

But he wished to understand the man more fully.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:11 pm 

"I imagine unity will emerge quite naturally, but it will not last after the king will have been overthrown. It'd be good to avoid a protracted war and emerge with a solution that can be peacefully accepted, but once the dogs of war are released, it is sometimes hard to stop. We shall see."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:29 am 

Again, silence was the key for the Scorpion. Moments to think about the words, to process his own ideas. "I understand that the people of Merenae are quite proud. An admirable trait, to be sure. But it does pose certain issues. Would any one party truly wish to bow to another? All have a rightful claim to the throne, even if only in their own eyes." He spoke delicately, as if truly weighing each thought to ensure that he would not be misunderstood.

"Would it be possible to form some kind of... como se dice... oligarchy? A group of rulers?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 am 

"That has ever been a natural outcome. Despotic rule like in the Tarkhanate or in your own Empire does not work well with free-willed people of my homeland. Our current situation is precisely because the king has tried to bite more than he can chew and forgot that no-one is following his line blindly, but out of obligation to bring stability and prosperity to the kingdom. It doesn't mean that dispersion of power makes it any easier, however. The game is more about who will sit at the top of the table and have greatest say about changes to come. Absolutist attempts will bring about another rebellion soon enough. Part of why the Royal House enjoys its collusion with the Inquisition so much; its jurisdiction applies to any and all."

Juan did not seem bothered by discussing the matter in these terms.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:58 pm 

Well. There went that idea... Anzai mused inwardly, listening to Juan. The idea that no matter what, there had to be one above all, made sense. After all, the Heavens mandated that a Hantei was above all. How could that come about peacefully? How does one maintain a culture and a nation, when it threatens to tear itself apart in Civil War?

"The names you gave me. You have concerns? I know each of them. I've had nothing but positive conversations with all of them. Obviously, I'll speak to them, but what worries you, Governor?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:08 pm 

"That Don Xavier and Donna Bellena will use their connections with your Principe and Don Salvador de Muxaqui respectively to put my Familia at a disadvantage despite the quality of our claim and the greatest chance to end this quickly. My brother has told me a few things about your Clan, Senor. About your ability to... swim on your own."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:06 pm 

Anzai laughed a bit at that. "Well, we certainly have ways of finding our own opportunities. Your brother is not wrong. And indeed, I can swim." He smiled to Juan, keeping pace aboard the horse. Then his face grew serious. "Well, I certainly wouldn't wish to act in any way to put your family at a disadvantage. Governor." Indeed, he would want to keep the Almeria's as allys. Not insulting them would be of the highest priority.

"I cannot speak for either of them, but I can speak with them. And as a group, perhaps, we should all work together, before embarking to Merenae."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:27 pm 

"In the end, you'll do what you must. We all have our loyalties and priorities. But at least when push comes to shove you'll be able to make a call with a better idea of the consequences." Juan turned the horse. "Let's had back."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:48 pm 

He clicked his tongue, as he had seen others doing as they rode, turning his horse to follow the other man. "What of the vineyards, Governor?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:10 am 

"I have already overseen them, I looked when we spoke; they are there." He pointed with his finger. "We may take a stop if you will."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:12 am 

Anzai flushed slightly. He had been so engrossed in tbe conversation that he missed their surroundings. "Ah, of course. Perhaps we can simpy enjoy their fruits, Governor. He smiled, shaming his head.

"I take it this buta taste of what grows on your ancestral lands?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:39 pm 

"Estremaviedo is a renowned wine province. But here the volcanic soil has given rise to a richer, darker type, the tierranegra. You will be able to taste it during the ball tomorrow."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:53 pm 

"I look forward to sampling it, Governor." Anzai almost beamed in his smile, riding along with the other man.

"Rumor has it many amongst the explorers are quite excited to attend."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:32 pm 

"That is good to hear. Hopefully they will enjoy it. If we are meant to live under one sun, then we better work out ways not to murder each other too often over trivial differences." Juan chuckled as he turned his horse.

Page 2 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2