Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pm

Page 2 of 3 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [D9-EE] This is not a date...this is not a date...this i
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:06 am 

Hinami was quite shocked by Juan's explanation and by the example he gave.

'' I...I think that's a very personal... and private...anecdote...about your brother and his wife...I don't think...it is alright for you to share it... with others...'' Hinami actually did not like to hear that. She didn't like it at all. For a Rokugani there is a clear distiction and respect for other peoples' private lives. Culture shock? Probably. Megumi translated her words, also a bit shocked, but she did it anyways.

Hinami did not answer his question. She was clearly disturbed by Juan's honesty and did not like where this conversation was heading. Was her fault? Maybe.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:54 am 

Juan was confused for a moment, then simply accepted her preference as her own and made an apologetic gesture. "I am quite sure they wouldn't mind. But perhaps the subject has bored you. I apologise for the distress, Principesa." He retrenched as well, assuming his more cautious demeanor, then called the boy with the horse.

"This is my gift for you." He said on a more serious note as he took the reins.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:50 am 

Well, at least he understood that she didn't like that distasteful part of the conversation. Hinami slightly nods acknowledging his apologies.

When the stableboy arrived with the creature, Hinami was really surprised. She observed the horse, it was a beautiful white horse. She was quite impressed by the sheer size of the animal, far bigger than anything that she ever saw. Rokugani horses are smaller than this creature. Way smaller.

'' It...it is gorgeous. I'm truly astonished, I have never observed a horse of this size...'' She approached cautiously, as she didn't know how this 'monster' would react to her presence. '' I can't accept this gift, I'm honored beyond words Huanu Alumeri...ya, but this is truly a wonderful animal, worthy of a legendary hero, not someone like me.'' She bowed very low to Juan.

Megumi translated Hinami's words of the gift ceremony. Juan should remember that part of Rokugani culture.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:31 pm 

"I am more worried if he's worthy of La Principesa Esmeralda, but if you want him, he's yours." Juan replied smoothly, being a quick, adaptable learner.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:54 pm 

'' This is not about what I wish or what I don't. This animal is a truly magnific specimen, Huanu Alumeriya. A beautiful creature. You should keep it'' Once again she bowed and politely rejected his offer.

Megumi translated.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:47 pm 

"Well, certainly what you wish, Principesa, is to do your duties well and be where you want to be exactly when you want to be, am I correct? I can tell you that riding across the island is a very convenient way to shorten the time of travel between ports. And the horse is of a good pedigree because in my mind you deserve nothing less." He smiled gently, extending his hand to pass the reins to her.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:43 pm 

'' You are right...'' She bowed quite low and accepted his gift. ''Then I can't refuse such a sincere and magnificient gift, Huanu Almeriya. Arigato Gozaimasu'' She was fascinated with this 'monster' of a horse. She gently patted the back of the animal '' What's his name? does it have a name?'' She asked.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:57 pm 

"He will only have a name you give him." He kept the reins for her for a while. "And there is a little accessory attached here." He pointed to a beautiful, elaborate ball mask hanging from the saddle. "That has become yours just now."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:19 am 

Hinami surprised inspected the saddle and pick the elaborate, magnificient mask. The fabrics were of great value and it was also encrusted with gems and precious stones. It was a piece of art on itself. Apparently these gaijin were not as savages as Hinami first thought if they can create such beautiful pieces of art.

Maybe she judged them wrong? This was very confusing for her mind.

She continued to gently pat the back of the animal, trying to think about something else. After a few moments she finally decided. '' I think I will name him Akagi. A noble name for the noble horse of a Seppun. Don't you think? Eh, Akagi?'' For the first time during this meeting, Hinami genuinely smiled.

'' Arigato, Huanu Almeria...'' She finally pronounced his surname correctly.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:35 pm 

"It's a very well-ringing name, Seppun Hinami-san." Juan bowed Merenaesely, stepping away for Hinami to have a moment alone with her new friend, who seemed to be having some poise that set him apart from other rascals his age, even as the horse's gaze was hardly tame.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:08 pm 

Hinami didn't knew much about horses, her only experience with them was travelling riding some Rokugani ponies. She continued gently patting the animal's back and its head and softly whispered in its ear, trying to make the horse get used to her beautiful voice. Maybe she could create a bond with Akagi this way...

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:16 pm 

Juan seemed to be enjoying discreetly watching that bonding. He was not interrupting. The horse seemed to be quite acceptant of his new mistress. It neighed quietly in response to her whispers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:00 pm 

'' You are such an intelligent boy, eh Akagi?'' She whispered to the horse. '' He is a magnificent animal...'' she commented to Juan with a smile.

Hinami inspected the saddle and wondered how she will get up there.This was a big monster of a gaijin horse, nothing like she was used to.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:17 pm 

"Would you like some help in mounting him?" Juan asked, observing her keenly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:16 pm 

'' Yes, please...'' She answered after Megumi translated. Then Hinami thought about something..is he going to help her? If that is what is going to happen, then he must touch her, and that complicated this whole situation. She turned around and thought about asking Megumi, but she didn't look like an expert rider...

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:21 pm 

Juan genuflected by the horse, making a saddle from his folded hands, then looked up at her. "Just place your foot here before pulling yourself up."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:23 pm 

Well, that eliminated the touching fears of Hinami. She did as Juan said, she placed one of her foot in his folded hands and then in a quick movement she jumped into the saddle.

Will Akagi react positively to her presence on his back?...

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:35 pm 

The horse trotted in place, but otherwise accepted her.

"How about I get my stallion out of the stables and we go for a ride together, Principesa?" Juan smiled, watching her atop her horse as he stepped away. "I thought about showing you some parts of the hacienda we've spoken about."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:47 pm 

'' I...uh...'' She looked him and then looked at Megumi. How will she communicate with him without her translator? Besides, it was appropiate for a young lady to go alone with a man, a gaijin? Probably it was not. The first time she met him, he said that the honor of every lady in this place was to be always respected, and somehow, she trusted him on that regard.

This was very complicated. '' I guess we could go for a brief ride, but I will not be able to communicate with you, Huanu Almeria...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:51 pm 

"You will talk to me and I will talk to you, and there are hands for gestures. For a brief ride, it will work out." He smiled reassuringly and whistled on the stable boy to bring out his bay stallion.

Page 2 of 3 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next