Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 pm

Page 4 of 6 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Donde Es Mi Amigas? (D10, LA Belle's)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:15 am 

Second verse, same as the first.

"No, I insist, please accept this token, a meager expression of my gratitude at your kindness and knowledge."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:26 am 

"Still, my own knowledge pales to yours..." Utsusemi bowed her head. "... I am not worthy of such a gift. Just as I am not worthy of accepting Muhaki-dono's offer - but you are, Someisa Ran." The use of her Someisa-name was quite intentional, given the offer they had both recieved.

"Such a gift, tended by your own hands, should belong to someone worthier than I."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:31 am 

Ran was all set to insist again, when Utsusemi called her Someisa, and she seemed to freeze for a moment, then looked up with lightly red-rimmed eyes, emotional but reigning it in.

"Please, Utsusemi-sama, it is at my insistence that you accept." She sighed, and then a smile touched her freckled features. "And thank you for your faith in me."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:34 am 

Perhaps she had pushed a little hard there, Utsusemi had to admit to herself, but after having reflected on Saionji's offer... she was determined that none were more suited to the position of Someisa daimyo than Ran.

"If you accept the faith I place in you, I am honoured to take care of this beautiful bonsai that you have tended to," she bowed, deeper than she needed, to Ran, accepting the gift. "Thank you. You honour me greatly."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:01 am 

Ruqqayah watched the exchanged in mild confusion. They seemed to go through it with the air that it would end up positive in the end... so what was the point of the refusals? She didn't fully understand. She didn't want to get in the way just yet, though, in case they weren't finished.

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:02 pm 

The estate's butler knocked on the door to communicate that there was a runner from the Wenham Counting House waiting to pass the message.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:30 pm 

Bellena rose and bowed to everyone politely, “If you’ll excuse me I need to check on this. Rukaya, would you like to join me.”

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:32 pm 

Ruqqayah nodded and rose, as well. "Please excuse us for a moment."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:10 pm 

"Of course, of course," Utsusemi nodded. "And perhaps you can help me with the dress when you return, Belle? I will help Ran-chan in the meantime."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:34 pm 

Ran gave Bellena a curious look but nodded as she and Ruqquyah moved outside the room.
She opened the second of her boxes, revealing her dress. The third box contained golden hair accessories.

"This one would be grateful for your help." she inclined her head to Utsu.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:41 pm 

"Oh... it is beautiful," the Dragon said with obvious admiration of the dress.

"Did you have it made here, or...?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:48 pm 

"Hai- nearly everything I brought with us on the voyage was washed away," she said with a nod, "I found this in the Plaza de Diversidad, and then had it altered to our standards and sensibilities."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:49 pm 

The runner from Wenhams showed the courtesy to speak in Merenaese.

"Senoritas, Sir Robert checked your documents. While there are no unexecuted wills in his possession of the kind you seek, he has managed to cross-reference two names from your list for the ones you presented. One case were the cousins of Miss Deirdre Rowan, captain of the Eternal, seeking such will from her some twenty years ago, but being dismissed for lack of such a document. It only drew Sir Robert's attention because they were specifically asking for 'Unicorn artifacts'. The other was executed, but prima facie as the will had been deposited alongside a deposit by someone considered lost at sea at that time. The inheritor was Malcolm Carrigan, an illegitimate son of Belladonna Carrigan and someone identifying himself as Roger Plummer. The last known information on Mr Carrigan is that he agreed to serve as lighthouse operator at the Nail some ten years ago. The bequeather was only considered as someone matching your description because 'sailing as captain with Garen Hawthorne' was mentioned several times across the notes left at the Counting House and Sir Robert figured out this was the key you were using." The runner, apparently quite an intelligent young man, took a breath. "Here is a receipt for the service, the standard fee is 25 reales or equivalent coinage."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:01 pm 

Muhaki Ran wrote:
"Hai- nearly everything I brought with us on the voyage was washed away," she said with a nod, "I found this in the Plaza de Diversidad, and then had it altered to our standards and sensibilities."

"Well, I must say you have excellent taste in fashion as well then," Utsusemi chuckled warmly. "Let's get you started then, neh? There is a screen here to change behind."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:06 pm 

She chuckled lightly, and allowed Utsu to guide her, stepping into the fabrics.
[afk for the day]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:03 pm 

Bellena thanked the man and informed him she’d send a runner with the fee later.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:04 pm 

The runner nodded, and soon he was led away.

/exit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:21 am 

Bellena looked to Ruqqayah knowingly and said, “We’ll have to follow up on this tomorrow.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:23 am 

"Where is Ichigo-san today?" Utsusemi inquired with some curiosity as she helped Ran with the clothes.

The turtle was rather adorable, after all. She wasn't quite so overly enthusiastic about animals as her fellow Dragon was, but she certainly have a fondness for animals herself.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:05 am 

She nodded and smiled. "Let's head back in the meantime."

Page 4 of 6 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next