Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:58 pm

Page 4 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm 

For his part Yasuhiro remained where he was, full cup of wine still in hand as he blended in with the surroundings. He didn't speak, and hardly moved his eyes moving around the hall as he took note of the proceedings.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:37 pm 

Susumu was not particularly impressed by Zabieru's arrival: the man would be hard pressed to bring any positive response from the mantis

''Paying respects seemed a nescessity, Muhaki-ue. Although I would not deny I would have liked to have some words with you about the change the explorers bring and the next move they will make.''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 pm 

"That is a rather expansively sketched topic, Gusai-san. Are you interested in any part of that process in particular?"

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:45 pm 

Hinami used her time to observe the difference between their traditions with those of the gaijin. It would seem that their type of festivities were a bit more louder than the ones of her own culture. But something was a constant...

Alcohol.

It would seem that no matter where, alcohol was a universal constant. Maybe Inari-no-kami and Hotei-no-kami sought to bless all creatures without distinction?

In any case, the young Seppun princess sometimes looked towards the governor's direction, but nothing inappropriate.

[PM or discord if approached, please]

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:48 pm 

''It is'' he admitted ''With more specificity I would like to talk about the Mantis-Tortoise relationship ''

His lips formed a half smile

''It might be ambitious of me but I think the time as come to change its nature'' he took a sip of his wine ''I cannot yet speak for my clan back in Rokugan but we might start with those who came on this voyage''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:52 pm 

"You too, señor," Utsusemi bowed to Edogawa, and parted ways from him as she returned to mingling.

The arrival of Zabieru did earn a discreet eyeroll and she quickly picked up a glass of wine to occupy herself.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:23 pm 

Edogawa returned the bow to the parting dragon and turned his attention to the rest of the party. He wandered about, greeting various people as he passed, until he found his way to Ballena, Saionji and Susumu.

He bowed deeply to the three of them, but did not interrupt the conversation.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:03 pm 

Saionji mulled the words, keeping his suspicions out of his expression.

"Tell me then, Gusai-san, have you formed any constructive relationships with the Tortoise on this voyage, or on this island, that could give some personal credibility to what you suggest? I doubt you've lacked opportunity."

He nodded back to the new arrival.

"Senor."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:06 pm 

Bellena smiled at Edogawa and whispered in Saionji’s ear who he was since they had previously discussed him.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:15 pm 

Susumu smiled and nodded to Edogawa

''I am known to Muhaki Ran-san as I am a good friend of her betrothed...our meetings were cordial and we worked together under Seppun Hikari-sama to solve the incursion of Sakkaku.''

He tilted his head

''On the other hand I must admit I had some frictions...'' he glanced at Zabieru ''...with others. I put that mostly on incompatible personalities, however.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:05 am 

Muhaki Berena wrote:
Bellena smiled at Edogawa and whispered in Saionji’s ear who he was since they had previously discussed him.

"Buenas noches, senorita." he offered a friendly smile. "It is good to see you. You are enjoying the party, I hope?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:26 am 

"I hold Muhaki Ran-san in high confidence, so let me consult her first on the matter before I can formulate a good reply to this, Gusai-san. However, I am curious about the man you speak of, her betrothed and your friend. I haven't met him, could you tell me something about him?" He ignored the remark about Zabieru, but he took note of lack of any mention of Berena who was standing just beside him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:41 am 

She smiled and nodded, “Very much so. And I see you came dressed as my ancestor. There are some who say El Zorro was a Quijano... a rumor we don’t discourage.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:42 am 

“A bit on the nose, don’t you think?” the courtiers whispered as a man arrived wearing a glittering Lion mask, but he seemed to take no notice of them. Garbed in a splendid golden kimono, the Lion-masked samurai glided over to the tables filled with refreshments and took a cup of the fruity grape wine that the islanders were fond of.

4 koku garment.
Never a second chance to make a first impression with 2 called raises: Perform: Song 32 hits TN20; +15 VIPs, +0.1 Reputation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:54 am 

Muhaki Saionji wrote:
"I hold Muhaki Ran-san in high confidence, so let me consult her first on the matter before I can formulate a good reply to this, Gusai-san. However, I am curious about the man you speak of, her betrothed and your friend. I haven't met him, could you tell me something about him?" He ignored the remark about Zabieru, but he took note of lack of any mention of Berena who was standing just beside him.

Susumu raised an eyebrow

''Gusai Wataru is her betrothed, Muhaki-ue.'' he sipped ''He his currently my first mate, I have known him for a little over a year now"

He paused, briefly reflecting on the events of yesterday

''He is a good man by all account and a skilled navigator. They seem quite fond of each other.''

Last edited by Gusai Susumu on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:54 am 

Muhaki Berena wrote:
She smiled and nodded, “Very much so. And I see you came dressed as my ancestor. There are some who say El Zorro was a Quijano... a rumor we don’t discourage.

"Oh? I thought he might have been a Cornejo. I told Ricardo many stories about him, when he was young." his smile broadened. "But, a Quijano seems appropriate. I hope I do the tales justice, regardless."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:05 am 

She smiled warmly, “He may well have been a Cornejo. The lovely thing about el Zorro is not who he was, but what he represented.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:08 am 

"Long-standing animosities are not erased in a day. If your friend can integrate well into the Tortoise that could certainly bode well. Ran-san is likely to assume a distinguished position within the Clan soon enough. Her betrothed should feel very honoured by the match which, I understand, has has been arranged by the Imperial Matchmaker."

Saionji observed the Mantis carefully while paying attention to the other conversation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:12 am 

Muhaki Berena wrote:
She smiled warmly, “He may well have been a Cornejo. The lovely thing about el Zorro is not who he was, but what he represented.

"Of course." he nodded. "His stories are an example to follow. Tyranny should not be ignored."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:17 am 

Those above and below are bound together by a sacred trust. A man who helped both sides remember their duties to each other is a man worth honoring.” She said with a smile.

DescriptionTheme

Page 4 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next