Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 am

Page 5 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:20 am 

''They are not, true'' Susumu mirrored Saionji's attitude ''But the world is called to change and it may change fast, we must adapt to thrive in what will come.''

Susumu waved another waiter to hand him his glass and take another

''I am glad to know she will advance...she seemed quite promising when I met her back in Dragon's Guard. A pity I could not get her to join my crew but the Fortunes had other plans it seems.''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:29 am 

Muhaki Berena wrote:
Those above and below are bound together by a sacred trust. A man who helped both sides remember their duties to each other is a man worth honoring.” She said with a smile.

"Such men should be appreciated and supported." he nodded and glanced towards Saionji.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:32 am 

"The Fortunes had other plans indeed. We shall talk again, Gusai-san." Saionji nodded.

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:33 am 

Has he caught Edogawa's last words, a sly smile seemed to make it way. If he knew of what was going on he did not reveal it

''I wish you a good evening, Muhaki-ue''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 am 

She smiled and leaned in to whisper semi-audibly, "They do. If you can wait a moment I'll introduce you. It seems he's chatting with your friend."

As she said this the other two concluded their conversation and Bellena smiled, "Don Salvadore, may I introduce Milla Edogawa."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:43 am 

"Good evening to you as well, Gusai-san."

His attention was moved to Edogawa.

"Senor Milla, a pleasure. Your fame precedes you."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:45 am 

The Imperial offered another bow to Saionji. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Muhaki-ue."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:51 am 

"I suppose that means you've been trying for a while. Has there been a reason?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:57 am 

Bellena chuckled and nodded, interjecting with a smile, "So serious even at a party... Senor Milla will be continuing on to Merenae following the Prince's return to Rokugan. He has offered to assist our efforts going forward. And I personally think he would be an asset, my dear."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:15 am 

"I appreciate it, Senor Milla. Though more than an asset I'd prefer a friend." Saionji smiled. "Invested assets tend to disappear, invested friends tend to bring loyalty and effort to the positions they are entrusted with."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:22 am 

"The truth is that there is nothing for me in the Empire, not as it is currently." he explained. "I wished to meet you, to meet the future of the Tortoise and of Merenae, in hopes that I might a man worthy of those roles. And, place myself in his service. But, friendship is much better."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:31 am 

"It would not be right to treat you as my vassal as you aren't one. Is it true what I've heard, about your spiritual ancestry?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:48 am 

"It is." he nodded. "In a previous life, I was a man very invested in the future of the Throne and the Crown, as well as the Tortoise. He's part of the reason I think we could be good friends."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:25 am 

Yasuhiro wasn't the most versed in the subtleties of court, but we wasn't an idiot. The gaijin girl Berena was on the arm of someone of note, though he couldn't quite place him. Seppun Hinami kept sending subtle glances to the gaijin host of the party, and the Scorpion was flirting with a very obviously gaijin woman.

There was more then one couple here, or soon to be couples, and most if them involved gaijin to at least a degree. Rising to his feet, Yasu left his glass on the table untouched. He would make one more round of the Ball before departing. The Lion would miss some things of note, but he'd learned more then enough already.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:54 am 

Utsusemi lingered at the edge of the dancefloor, curious to watch these foreign dances before she would consider trying them out herself.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:11 am 

Hinami noticed that she was being observed by Yasuhiro. She made a respectful bow from afar but did not approach him. Her On was impeccable.

She also noticed the arrival of Zabieru. He had no sense of sense of humility, dressed like if he was some sort of noble. But everyone here knew exactly what he really was so...

In any case, Hinami was for now enjoying a small glass of gaijin wine.

[OOC-Rolls]

Etiquette/Awareness my On is impeccable! - 43

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:14 am 

Quote:
And tipped off he was. The avatar of decadence found his mismatched eyes drawn to the butterfly, his crimson and golden fan flicked for emphasis as he made his way over to the Unicorn woman. His lips hidden behind the mask, he angled it, so as to invite her closer to him.

"If I lived for a thousand years, and saw a thousand suns, it still wouldn't compare to how brightly you shine this evening, Akaichou-san." He leaned closer to her, his voice barely above a whisper. As he turned the fan, she'd easily see the curl of his lips, the glimmer in his eyes.

Akaichou felt the warm flush on her cheeks and smiled brightly, hoping the mask might help her appear less giddy. "You are, as always, too kind Anzai-san. You, however, do look especially stunning. As though you were made to shine this way."

Only to he would she be so brazen with her compliments. Sincerity was a cornerstone of their kindled intrigue with one another. It wouldn't hurt to tell him how beautiful he looked; and he did look beautiful.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 am 

Iuchi Ruqqayah wrote:
Whoever could be the tiny young woman with the very white hair? Surely everyone at the ball was a mystery! Well, it was fun to play at the mystery, anyway. The librarian with the artistic talent she'd met the other day was hard to mistake. She'd enjoyed talking to her the other day, and at least didn't feel too awkward approaching.

Truth be told, someone else had also caught her eye, but approaching that person wasn't so wise at the moment, it seemed.

She bowed to Tori, rising with a warm smile. "Good evening, Explorer-san. If you don't mind me saying, you did something exceptional with your mask, there."

Tori bows to the not-so-mysterious woman in purple, "Good evening, Unicorn-san," she greets, not sure quite how much it is appropriate to acknowledge identity. "Thank you," she accepts the praise, touching where the mask meets her hair, "but it is an old trick, to help hide my humble skills. Mask-making is not an art I've ever particularly studied."

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:24 am 

Miya Edogawa wrote:
"It is." he nodded. "In a previous life, I was a man very invested in the future of the Throne and the Crown, as well as the Tortoise. He's part of the reason I think we could be good friends."

Saionji nodded.

"We should talk about it soon enough, Senor, as the circumstances of the ball may not provide what we seek out of such a conversation."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:26 am 

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
Yasuhiro wasn't the most versed in the subtleties of court, but we wasn't an idiot. The gaijin girl Berena was on the arm of someone of note, though he couldn't quite place him. Seppun Hinami kept sending subtle glances to the gaijin host of the party, and the Scorpion was flirting with a very obviously gaijin woman.

There was more then one couple here, or soon to be couples, and most if them involved gaijin to at least a degree. Rising to his feet, Yasu left his glass on the table untouched. He would make one more round of the Ball before departing. The Lion would miss some things of note, but he'd learned more then enough already.

"Good evening, Matsu-san. I see you're not enjoying this affair." Yajinden approached Yasuhiro and bowed politely.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

Page 5 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next