Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

Page 7 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:09 am 

Yajinden nodded. There was indeed little else that could be said.

"Orders will reach you tomorrow morning. The Explorers shall undertake an expedition north in force the day after tomorrow, against the enemies of the Empire that disclosed themselves last night. Hantei-no-kimi has transferred the command of the Imperial Marines to Captain Kitsu Keiji, who has recently equipped Kunshu Maru with cannons."

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:16 am 

Asahina Tori wrote:
"Again, you flatter me," the Crane blushes slightly, and she hides with her fan what her complexion cannot.

"It is but a misunderstanding; I thought it was the expectation for the event. I am still... learning the way of the land, figuratively as well as literally."

"Ah, I understand. There really is quite a unique combination of circumstances on this island, even if one is used to dealing with a mix of cultures. I've never been to an event quite like this, certainly."

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:36 am 

Yasuhiro nodded. "I will await them then, Asahina-sama." Was the easy reply, there was very little else he could do after all. The Lion would then wait until he was dismissed before bowing again and departing,there was still a short amount of time before he intended to leave, and as the Crane had said, there were likely a few people he should confront.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:31 am 

She audibly sighed at the sight of her betrothed when he entered the ball.

"Wataru-kun," she said under her breath, and looked to Kenzo, who had stood by her and made small talk with her to keep her mind busy. She very much appreciated his company.

She downed the last of her second glass of wine. "There he is," she motioned to Wata with her fan gently so Kenzo could spot him, but before she moved she saw the approach of Bellena-sama and her liege toward her betrothed. Curious.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:33 am 

Edogawa moved about again, casually watching the various conversations from afar. He could only imagine some of the topics being discussed.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:56 am 

Muhaki Berena wrote:
The duo walked over to where the man was standing after he arrived. Bellena nodded graciously, "Gusai Wataru-san is it not?"

Wataru was unexpectedly greeted by a pair of samurai of the Tortoise. Could it be that they were interested in him because of Ran-chan? he wondered while holding his facade perfectly.

As the pair reached him, the samurai bowed gracefully, in the way of the gaijin, placing one hand parallel to his waist, and the other at his back. "I am honored, Muhaki-sama."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 am 

Saionji nodded back, letting Bellena do the talking for now.

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:04 am 

"Carry the Fortunes, Matsu-san. Thank you for the conversation." Yajinden politely bowed back.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:36 am 

Muhaki Ran wrote:
She audibly sighed at the sight of her betrothed when he entered the ball.

"Wataru-kun," she said under her breath, and looked to Kenzo, who had stood by her and made small talk with her to keep her mind busy. She very much appreciated his company.

She downed the last of her second glass of wine. "There he is," she motioned to Wata with her fan gently so Kenzo could spot him, but before she moved she saw the approach of Bellena-sama and her liege toward her betrothed. Curious.

"Ah, of course!" Kenzo said. "I believe I've seen him before. So that's your intended, then?"

He looked to her, smiling. "I'm glad to be getting the chance to meet him. I knew he'd be alright." He said.

Before they could go up to him, he was approached by the Muhaki pair. "Oh." Kenzo said. "Ah... shall we approach them now?" He looked at Ran, his eyebrows going up. "Actually, did you have any news for Muhaki-dono?" He'd been there when the offer had been made, after all.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:17 am 

Ringo tries to slip into the party quietly. He wears a 1/2 mask on his face.

He is success with slipping into the party. He is not successful with the quietly part as he accident bumps into a table and knocks over some of the glasses and bottles. He bows deeply in apology quickly and then non-chalantly walks away and lets the servants clean that up. Nothing to see here.

/ Never a 2nd Chance to Make a 1st Impression
Aw/Etiquette. 2 CR vs tn 20 = 19. Fails.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:26 am 

Asahina Yajinden wrote:
"Carry the Fortunes, Matsu-san. Thank you for the conversation." Yajinden politely bowed back.

Dismissed Yasuhiro walked away, though he didn't depart the Ball quite yet, instead making his way towards the young woman he has talked with the day before. Seppun Hinami was dressed well, and in a manner he felt acceptable, well expect for the garish mask. Though he'd still have prefer if there was less gaijin influence.

The Lion wasn't sure of what he planned to say, but he'd at least promised his opinion. "Seppun-sama." He greeted her with a bow. "I hope you are enjoying the festivities."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:05 pm 

Gusai Wataru wrote:
Wataru was unexpectedly greeted by a pair of samurai of the Tortoise. Could it be that they were interested in him because of Ran-chan? he wondered while holding his facade perfectly.

As the pair reached him, the samurai bowed gracefully, in the way of the gaijin, placing one hand parallel to his waist, and the other at his back. "I am honored, Muhaki-sama."

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Muhaki Berena, and this is Muhaki Saionji, Lord of the Tortoise clan. We understand that you are betrothed to marry Muhaki Ran-san, is that right?"

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:11 pm 

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
Dismissed Yasuhiro walked away, though he didn't depart the Ball quite yet, instead making his way towards the young woman he has talked with the day before. Seppun Hinami was dressed well, and in a manner he felt acceptable, well expect for the garish mask. Though he'd still have prefer if there was less gaijin influence.

The Lion wasn't sure of what he planned to say, but he'd at least promised his opinion. "Seppun-sama." He greeted her with a bow. "I hope you are enjoying the festivities."

Hinami bowed to the Lion once again. '' Matsu-san. It's a honor to meet you here.'' She looked around. '' Well, there are appropiate, I guess? Not like our own festivities but until now I have not seen something that shocked me. Except the lack of humility and decorum of some...'' She refered to Zabieru in particular.

'' And you? I saw you talking to Asahina Yajinden-sama.'' She gracefully drank some of her wine.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:24 pm 

The Lion held no glass, having left his at the table he had been at untouched. "I admit I'm not surprised, or shocked, the things I have seen here are largely what I expected to see Seppun-sama." At least for the most part.

"As for Asahina-sama, he had some concerns about me, and reminded me that my own concerns if left unspoken would remain unheard. I thought is a good time to do so, and to inform him that I will be returning to the services of my clan when we return to Rokugan. To give him ample time to find a replacement for me on the Ashitae Maru."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 pm 

Mirumoto Kenzo wrote:
"Ah, of course!" Kenzo said. "I believe I've seen him before. So that's your intended, then?"

He looked to her, smiling. "I'm glad to be getting the chance to meet him. I knew he'd be alright." He said.

Before they could go up to him, he was approached by the Muhaki pair. "Oh." Kenzo said. "Ah... shall we approach them now?" He looked at Ran, his eyebrows going up. "Actually, did you have any news for Muhaki-dono?" He'd been there when the offer had been made, after all.

"That's him," she confirmed to Kenzo with a light nod of her head. "He is a good man."

She paused, and considered. "I have given the topic thought, and with the blessing of Utsusemi-sama, I will go forward with his offer. I ...should probably tell that to him, neh?" Her eyes widened as she realized... "And tell Wataru-kun, as well."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 pm 

Muhaki Ran wrote:
"That's him," she confirmed to Kenzo with a light nod of her head. "He is a good man."

She paused, and considered. "I have given the topic thought, and with the blessing of Utsusemi-sama, I will go forward with his offer. I ...should probably tell that to him, neh?" Her eyes widened as she realized... "And tell Wataru-kun, as well."

The first made Kenzo smile warmly. "I would expect so." He said. Indeed, he was pleased to see Ran find someone who she so clearly felt for.

The second... Kenzo's eyebrows went up, even as he bowed low. "That is indeed news." He said mildly. He straightened, smiling. "I'm... very impressed with you, Ran-san, if you don't find it presumptuous of me to say so. Since we met, I expected that you were destined for great things."

He glanced towards the other group, and then back to her. "Did you want to tell them now? I'd understand if you didn't, of course."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:31 am 

Iuchi Ruqqayah wrote:
"Ah, I understand. There really is quite a unique combination of circumstances on this island, even if one is used to dealing with a mix of cultures. I've never been to an event quite like this, certainly."

"Well, in that case..."

Tori flags down one of the servers, and takes to glasses of wine, offering one to her new friend. "To new firsts." she raises a glass.

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:42 am 

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
The Lion held no glass, having left his at the table he had been at untouched. "I admit I'm not surprised, or shocked, the things I have seen here are largely what I expected to see Seppun-sama." At least for the most part.

"As for Asahina-sama, he had some concerns about me, and reminded me that my own concerns if left unspoken would remain unheard. I thought is a good time to do so, and to inform him that I will be returning to the services of my clan when we return to Rokugan. To give him ample time to find a replacement for me on the Ashitae Maru."

Hinami nods. '' A shame, really. I think that we lose an important member, the Imperial Explorers will not be the same without you, Matsu-san. You are an important part of this expedition.'' She sincerely said. '' I admire your sense of duty and your wisdom, truly I do.'' She praised the lion.

'' So what were your expectations?'' She asked.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:19 am 

He wasn't quite sure of that, being an important member of this expedition. Few truly seemed to take any advice he offered, or wanted his opinion either.

"That I don't fit in this world Seppun-sama, and tonight would confirm it." He offered in return, with a soft smile on his lips. "The one that the Explorers are creating."

"Progress by sacrificing who we are. Or that's at least how I see it. " His gaze moved across the party, taking in all those in foreign garb.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:46 am 

She observed around. '' Then you should fight for what you believe. And I don't think you don't fit in this world, since there's only one world, Matsu-san. There's only one Ningen-Do.''

'' Will you leave and let those who not share your views do what they want? Or you fight for your beliefs? Making yourself an example to follow...'' She asked. '' I don't think you are alone in your beliefs, Matsu-san. Probably there must be many souls that share your sentiments.''

'' But If you are determined to quit the explorers, then, I can only offer you good luck and hope that the Seven bless you and the path you choose to follow...''

D13 Theme

Page 7 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next