Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:26 am

Page 6 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:32 am 

Asahina Tori wrote:
Tori bows to the not-so-mysterious woman in purple, "Good evening, Unicorn-san," she greets, not sure quite how much it is appropriate to acknowledge identity. "Thank you," she accepts the praise, touching where the mask meets her hair, "but it is an old trick, to help hide my humble skills. Mask-making is not an art I've ever particularly studied."

Se smiled. "Neither have I... I admit this isn't my work," she said, touching the white mask she wore. "The fact that you made it at all is a step above."

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:53 am 

Muhaki Saionji wrote:
Saionji nodded.

"We should talk about it soon enough, Senor, as the circumstances of the ball may not provide what we seek out of such a conversation."

"Very true." Edogawa agreed. "There is much to discuss, at another time. Tonight, we should enjoy the party."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:07 am 

"Indeed. Enjoy your time, Senor." Saionji nodded, then looked at Bella if there were other social calls to catch up on the way.

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:27 am 

Asahina Yajinden wrote:
"Good evening, Matsu-san. I see you're not enjoying this affair." Yajinden approached Yasuhiro and bowed politely.

The Lion might have his suspicions, but the Seppun's on was impenetrable. After studying her for a few moments he turned his eyes towards the crane. "It's nothing you need concern yourself with, Asahina-sama." Yasuhiro offered with a deep bow.

"I had my thoughts about this event, and they have been confirmed. I was going to be leaving shortly, so you shouldn't mind me and instead enjoy yourself."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 am 

Iuchi Ruqqayah wrote:
Se smiled. "Neither have I... I admit this isn't my work," she said, touching the white mask she wore. "The fact that you made it at all is a step above."

"Again, you flatter me," the Crane blushes slightly, and she hides with her fan what her complexion cannot.

"It is but a misunderstanding; I thought it was the expectation for the event. I am still... learning the way of the land, figuratively as well as literally."

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:37 am 

Quote:
Akaichou felt the warm flush on her cheeks and smiled brightly, hoping the mask might help her appear less giddy. "You are, as always, too kind Anzai-san. You, however, do look especially stunning. As though you were made to shine this way."

Only to he would she be so brazen with her compliments. Sincerity was a cornerstone of their kindled intrigue with one another. It wouldn't hurt to tell him how beautiful he looked; and he did look beautiful.

"It's not often one gets to attend events like this in a foreign land. And I may have wanted to make sure I could impress you." He enjoyed seeing her smile, the way it dazzled. And to hear someone honestly assessing his appearance, in her eyes? That was worth his own smile, and edge of excitement in his voice.

"I don't know how to do any of the dances here. Do you?" He wasn't ashamed to admit his own failing. He had seen Merenaese style dances performed before, but actually participating? That would be something else entirely.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:45 am 

Shosuro Anzai wrote:
"It's not often one gets to attend events like this in a foreign land. And I may have wanted to make sure I could impress you." He enjoyed seeing her smile, the way it dazzled. And to hear someone honestly assessing his appearance, in her eyes? That was worth his own smile, and edge of excitement in his voice.

"I don't know how to do any of the dances here. Do you?" He wasn't ashamed to admit his own failing. He had seen Merenaese style dances performed before, but actually participating? That would be something else entirely.

"Actually, I do. While traveling with my father I picked up a number of dances. Perhaps I could teach you one if you would teach me a Rokugani dance?" She tilted her head to the side to hear his reply. Hearing his words about a foreign land echoed her own sentiments.

"I must admit to similar thoughts regarding the gathering, but in reverse. I contemplated how humbled I am to be attending a masque in the presence of so many from the famed Rokugan."

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:05 am 

"I have a confession..." he would soften his voice, before turning more fully to Akaichou."I am not a very good dancer.
If I give it my all, I am passable, but I'm afraid I would dishonor you by not being the best teacher.
And then again, he leaned closer, his fan held up to hide his face by her ear.

"But I would love to be your student, to learn the dances from the Jewel." There was a sense of indecency in his words, but it seemed far more truthful and honest to her, than perhaps others would think. While he could be forward, for Rokugani tastes, he didn't bother hiding his feelings from her.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 am 

Wataru wore an impressive white suite of linen embroidered in gold with elegant design. A silk scarf of white added brightness and elegance to the over the top look.

The samurai entered with his head held high, embracing his past and the ways that ran in his blood. This was not the place to hold back, not the time for it either. His hand was posed slightly over his waist, with his hand relaxed. His mask covered most of his face, with brilliant golden feathers around his eyes, and black feathers enveloping his upper face creating massive horns that offered him a majestic appearance.

First Impression, Aw/Etiquette (Courtesy). 2 Raises, 2 FR from clothes, TN 20:43 - 4 Raises achieved, 15VIP, 0.1 Reputation.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:28 am 

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
Asahina Yajinden wrote:
"Good evening, Matsu-san. I see you're not enjoying this affair." Yajinden approached Yasuhiro and bowed politely.

The Lion might have his suspicions, but the Seppun's on was impenetrable. After studying her for a few moments he turned his eyes towards the crane. "It's nothing you need concern yourself with, Asahina-sama." Yasuhiro offered with a deep bow.

"I had my thoughts about this event, and they have been confirmed. I was going to be leaving shortly, so you shouldn't mind me and instead enjoy yourself."

"I haven't come here to enjoy myself. Dutiful service is more rewarding than incidental indulgence. I'd like to hear your thoughts as I feel this is actually something I should concern myself with."

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:00 am 

Asahina Yajinden wrote:
"I haven't come here to enjoy myself. Dutiful service is more rewarding than incidental indulgence. I'd like to hear your thoughts as I feel this is actually something I should concern myself with."

"Do you really wish to hear my impressions of this Ashina-sama?" The Lion asked, looking the crane in the eye.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:14 pm 

Susumu had stepped back from the conversation and had begun watching the ball

(pm to talk!)

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:35 pm 

"If you don't express them, they cannot be considered nor addressed." Yajinden nodded, lowering his tone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 pm 

Bellena leaned in and whispered to Saionji.

"Perhaps we should greet Ran's betrothed? I believe that is him over there."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:37 pm 

"Let's."

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:49 pm 

The duo walked over to where the man was standing after he arrived. Bellena nodded graciously, "Gusai Wataru-san is it not?"

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:29 pm 

Asahina Yajinden wrote:
"If you don't express them, they cannot be considered nor addressed." Yajinden nodded, lowering his tone.

A slight frown made it's way onto his face. "There are perhaps three couples I've seen here." He offered after a moment. "Muhaki Berena, and a man of importance I can not name. Shosuro Anzai and whichever gaijin woman has caught his eye, and the host of this party and Seppun Hinami, though I might be wrong about that one."

The Lion turned his eyes towards the hall. One can say that by joining a clan that Muhaki Berena is no longer a gaijin, though I disagree. this make three Samurai of our empire: if I am correct int a relationship with a gaijin. Yet our Chaperone Agasha Utsusemi hasn't moved to step in." His eyes moved back towards Yajinden. "I am not a courtier, so perhaps I read too much into this, but her lack of action leads me to believe in her acceptance of these couples, and as a chaperone hand picked by Miya Odoroihime, her acceptance is Miya-sama's acceptance."

"Perhaps I'm a bit too paranoid or old fashioned, but when I see these couples, when I see Samurai dressed in Gaijin clothes, without their wakazashi at their side,and masks covering their features. When I look at this island over the last few week s, and see hoe the members of this expedition have pushed aside the tenets of bushido, and accepted the art, religion, and morals of the Gaijin. I see the future of the Empire if we follow along this path."

"Our ways pushed aside, our gods forgotten, our bloodlines permanently changed. The Unicorn call Shinjo the Lost Daughter, the fact of the matter wasn't that she was lost, she was abandoned. Neither the Ide or the Moto answered her call. How long before Rokugani begin to lie to themselves in a similar way? It was less the 100 years with the Kirin." Yasuhiro pursed his lips. "I suppose what I'm saying is this is not a path I can follow, not one I can allow my clan to follow, and it seems to be the one the Explorers are headed down." He turned his eyes back towards Yajinden. "I will inform you of my intentions when we return to Rokugan, and that is to once again rejoin the armies of my clan, and leave the service of the Imperial Explorers. Please pass my apologies to Hantei no Kimi."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:03 am 

Traditional in attire, Seppun Kaiya entered the party albeit a bit later than most without Isabella at her side. Dressed in mostly white the woman's tailor did their best to mirror Rokugani fashion as he was able. With a mask dotted with gems, and fell enough within the bounds to be acceptable but truly concealed nothing of the woman's face in truth.

Demure to some, proper to others, Seppun Kaiya made her way about the floor with ease. Meeting conversation with subtle gestures that seemed to intrigue the Foreign guests while appealing to the sensibilites of her Rokugani counterparts.

[Roll: 40 vs 25, Passed. 2 CR, 2 FR, +20 VIP, +.02 Rep]
[Debt to Yajinden Taken 3 Times, returning and paying it off after the party is finished, -6 Bu Overall]

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:14 am 

Yajinden gave Yasuhiro's words due consideration.

"You know, Matsu-san, during the Battle of White Stag we prevailed mostly because we had the advantage of own ground, tactics and numbers, but our military technology was inferior. A meagre expeditionary force almost crumbled the foundations of our Empire. There was a lesson in it many may have missed but not the Imperial House, and the changes that have been initiated ever since have been meant to build our resilience against inevitable return of those who would prey on us. We, as a civilisation, have sadly grown lenient and complacent fighting each other and inferior people at our borders. We haven't clashed with other great empires that came and went in the world we didn't know much of. The people we've met here are certainly alien to great extents, and that alienness estranges and irritates those who swear by a defined creed. For others, it has its genuine allure in which they can lose themselves. For yet others, it is a resource by which we can acquire something we haven't had but could now use. But all of those stances are useful for the Throne. First as a reminder, second as a warning, and a third as a path forward. For there has come an era when to be superior we cannot afford to be just superior for our own sake, but superior vis-a-vis all others that would encroach upon us. And to be so, we must learn and we must make sacrifices. Here, we are learning and we are making sacrifices. Some of those sacrifices may seem too great for you. Some if not all on this expedition will be forever changed by this experience to the point you no longer could consider them following the same path as you. But there are many ways to forfeit oneselves in the service of the Throne, and what you see is one of them. The attempts at mimicry and the indecent relationships you assume to have spotted may not be what you consider them to be, but even if they were, they may lead to outcomes that may be beneficial for the Empire. We need our hand strengthened against the countries like Merenae and the Tarkhanate to influence their affairs in ways that would give us more time for inevitable clashes. That will allow us to acquire they knowledge and technology and whatever advancements they have made to strengthen us. This is happening, and will be happening, precisely because we have reached out across the seas on our own."

Yajinden paused.

"You apparently find a lot of fault in what is happening before your eyes without asking yourself one fundamental question: is it necessary? The Divine Emperor in decree and his scion in deed have concluded that it is, building on the legacy of two great Daughters of Heavens. This is a dilemma that will not be resolved by anyone else than yourself and many others of more traditional mindset that think like you. Do you follow the guidance of the Hantei, or use your own better judgement which you derive from your code and tradition? Lord Akodo had an answer to that, but perhaps for some it is not good enough of an answer any more. I have no clear recommendation as I am no caretaker of anyone's honor but my own, and I have already made my choice. If we were to discuss strategy rather than morals, Matsu-san, I would point out that retrenchment won't bring Empire victory in wars to come, and I think that at some level you realise it, and it feeds into your apprehension of the foreign, because what you know, cherish and are proud of might not in the end prove to be good enough for the tasks at the behest of the Throne you consider to be sacred."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:52 am 

The Lion couldn't help but sigh softly, that was very much the answer he had been expecting. "Sacrifice, adjustment, advocating. These are all words I've heard quite often in the last few days, and everyone seems to believe I don't understand that we need to do so. Honestly I find it more then a little disappointment. I know were well the armies of the Unicorn outnumber our own, that they use tactics and weapons we know almost nothing about, and that there is a very real chance they could defeat us in battle if things came to that.

"I will look past the insult you have delivered to me this day, I know the words of Lord Akodo well, and I also know the repercussions of the actions I'm taking, and in due time I will pay for my them in the only way a samurai can. A samurai must move though when he believes his master has strayed from the proper path, and move I will. Because there is a path forward for us, a path that does not destroy who we are along the way; which is what I see at the end of the path we currently walk on. We might win, but what is victory if it permanently changes who we are in a irrevocable way?" He shook his head.

"We could likely talk of this for hours and I don't believe we would change each others mind or how we see things and how they must be in the future. I've spoken my piece you know my mind and you can communicate it to Hantei-no-Kimi. I believe though it is time I bid you good day Asahina-sama." Yasuhiro offered a deep bow to the crane. "I hope you enjoy the festivities."

Merenaese

Page 6 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next