Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

Page 8 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:10 am 

"In the empire? Yes, I would have to agree with you Seppun-sama. In the explorers though? I don't think I've met one." He offered said with a soft smile.

"Your outfit is lovely Seppun-sama , I think you did well in blending our own style with that of the gaijin. You've given away a bit much though, in your mask, your fan. They are of gaijin make, and of gaijin fashion. They stick out as different from the rest of what you wear. They seem like gifts to me and expensive ones. The type that do not come from the typical man."

His gaze turned turned towards their host. "It's my believe that they come from that man. Though that is simply my speculation based on the number if glances you have sent in his direction. You can tell me if I'm wrong." He turned his gaze back towards tge young woman. "If im right though, and you ate wearing them, it's easy to see tgat you favor the man romantically. I've never met a woman that would wear something she didn't like after all."

He smirked, resisting the urge to chuckle. "I ramble though. You asked for my opinion and I gave it. I believe you are one tgat doesn't hold the same opinions as me, which is fine. I'll pursue my own beliefs, find my own allies and try to prevent the flow of the gaijin influence upon our Empire. It's just I can not do that here. I have not given up Seppun-sama, I've just realized that this is not the right path for me."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:40 am 

'' Ah, you are right and wrong Matsu-san.'' She stoically observed the lion. '' Indeed, these were gifts given to me by the Governor of East Port. But you are wrong about the fan...''

'' This fan was given to me after my own was destroyed in an accident during some diplomatic talks. As superintendent for Kameyama-jima it's my duty to represent the people of Rokugan to the rest of the gaijin living in this island. Shosuro Anzai-san and Megumi, my ronin aide, were present during those talks and nothing innapropiate happened.'' She said the truth. '' The governor offered me this fan and I could not reject his sincere offering. Besides exchanging fans or offering them does not carry the same 'meaning' in their culture than in ours. Shosuro Anzai-san explained to him but the governor said that he offered the fan without any ulterior motive.'' Her On was perfect.

'' And the mask, I agree with you, is quite 'flashy'. I would had prefered a more modest one, but he offered it sincerely. I'm just wielding the tools that allow me to achieve my duties. Like a soldier with a teppodoka i'm too wielding foreign weapons to give the impression of good relationship and respect...'' Then she stood up in front of the lion. '' But my wakizashi is still on my side, Matsu-san.'' She said with a firm tone. One of her hands touched the hilt of her peace-bonded wakizashi, reminding him of his own words.

'' Since I'm the one that asked for your opinion, I will forget this insult to my honor. May I offer some advice, Matsu-san? try not fall into false speculations. Imagining things will not do any good for you... '' She observed the lion firmly.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:19 am 

Excuses, more excuses. "I do not need or want you to forget this insult Seppun-sama. If you wish to duel me I'll accept, I have no reason to believe you will do so though." His lips drew into a thin line, as he let that statement sink in.

"A fan given to you because of an accident does not need to be worn multiple time. You can make gaijin weapons your own." He looked at her clothes. "I've seen pieces of this junihitoe before, in our homelands, you wore it ss a different garment, before the gaijin stitching and embellishments were added. I'm sure the mask could of been adjusted in a similar fashion If you wished."

"I do not believe I'm wrong in this, perhaps it's because I'm looking from a different angle." His own on was firmly in place. "Or perhaps because you aren't looking yourself. Whatever might be the case, I believe you will do what you think is nessacary, and this I believe we will always disagree."

He offered the young woman a deep bow. "I believe it's time I take my leave though. You have my apologies Seppun-sama, I did not wish to disturb your enjoyment of the evenung."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:57 am 

'' And you continue to insult me with your attitude...'' This conversation has become a bit annoying. '' Here I was saying that I was willing to forget that insult and then you continue to do so. Imagining things were they are not, ignoring proper testimony given. Then what? You want to duel me? That was your original intention, Matsu-san? How many duels have you already being involved in? '' She was starting to believe that this was the only thing that the lion truly wanted. Or maybe he was a bit jealous...

'' A gift given sincerely, is expected to be carried on, Matsu Yasuhiro-san. Especially one that was given after a proper gift-giving ceremony. '' She corrected him. '' Or are you lying when you are offering another one a chance to express their sincere thoughts?'' Then she observed the mask and her junihitoe. '' The diference is that one was given to me, as a gift, while the other came from my own wishes and imagination. One is expected to be worn without alterations, the other is a personal choice. That's a big difference Matsu-san. Or do you think so poorly of the ones that offer you a sincere gift that you will alter the gift that was given to you sincerely?'' Her tone was not confrontational, rather she was trying to educate the lion in basic etiquette.

'' Yes I will do whatever is necessary to serve the Son of Heavens and the Hantei dynasty. That is my duty as both a Seppun and an Otomo. I protect and serve the Hantei dynasty in whatever capacity they want me to serve them, as long as I'm useful to them. Otherwise I'm will be disobeying the Celestial Order and the Mandate of Heavens. If I have to kill myself in order to protect five centuries of glorious Hantei reign I will do so. Without doubts, without second thoughts'' She finally said.

She bowed to the Lion. '' When I offered my best wishes and the blessings of the Seven I was not lying. I offer them to you again, Matsu-san. I do hope that the light and wisdom of Amaterasu-no-kami continue to shine upon you. And I accept your apologizes because I was the one that wanted to hear your thoughts. ''

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:49 am 

He smiled slightly, perhaps sarcastically. "I wanted you to duel me Seppun-sama, I wanted to believe you would follow the path that honor demands when I insulted you so. The path Hantei-no-kimi himself cautioned us all all against ignoring today. I thought you would, I hoped you would, but in this I was wrong."

"As for the gift giving ceremony, I do know it's importance, I also know that no gaijin knows it like us. What we think of a gift they almost certainly think of us a bribe. A proper gift needs no monetary value after all. Have you looked at those gifts with that in mind?"

He shook his head. "You can believe what you will about me, believe me some sort of blood thirsty duelist. But before my time here I've never been in a duel before, and every day, every day Seppun-sama I see our people lose themselves to these gaijin ways. The Kirin are already gone, the tortoise aren't far behind. Our two dragon here have shown you the path the intend to follow.

There was a small pause before he continued.
"Acceptance, adjusting, sacrifice? These are words I hear daily, words you have used yourself. Words that act like the mask you and so many of the Rokugani here wear tonight. You hide behind them, use them as a excuse to forgive yourself for your actions. You speak of how you are Seppun, and that you follow the will of the Hantei. You don't see how in ignoring my insults, ones against your honor. That you have failed to follow Hantei-no-kimi's words."

He wanted to say more, perhaps he should say more, but he didn't, merely bowing to her once again before turning to leave "You'll make the governor of this island a fine wife." He offered at last as he moved to depart.

/Will be exiting unless stopped.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:01 am 

That made Hinami raise her eyebrow. Then she bowed again. '' Forgive me samurai-san, I mistook you for another person. I thought you were a Matsu i knew but I think you are some unknown samurai I am not familiar with.''

'' Have a nice day, Samurai-san.''

She leaves to another place, far from the Matsu

[OOC]

She will not duel you Yasu. Open for RP again.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:02 am 

Asahina Tori wrote:
"Well, in that case..."

Tori flags down one of the servers, and takes to glasses of wine, offering one to her new friend. "To new firsts." she raises a glass.

She smiled warmly, half to herself and a little amused. "To new beginnings." She raised her glass and took a sip. "It has been quite the few weeks for that, certainly."

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am 

Muhaki Berena wrote:
"It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Muhaki Berena, and this is Muhaki Saionji, Lord of the Tortoise clan. We understand that you are betrothed to marry Muhaki Ran-san, is that right?"

At a quick mention of the name, Wataru knew perfectly who Saionji was. He bowed in even a greater way as he stood before the son of Muhaki Genjiko. "I am honored to meet the son of the second daimyo of the Tortoise." He was still unsure of the situation of Championship of the clan, but he could see that Berena felt as he was the rightful heir, even though Zazu was the selfproclaimed Champion in the mainland. As he thought, this was going to cause problems among the clansmen of the clan. "I hope that this humble samurai can be a worthy husband to Muhaki Ran-san. She is the one in my heart, and I thank the Imperial matchmaker for uniting our destinies."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 pm 

She nodded, "I have had the joy of coming to know Ran-san over the past few weeks. She is a wonderful woman. Saionji-dono is considering her for the position of Someisa family daimyo. A position I very much hope she will accept. If she does, that will mean that we will be fortunate enough to have you join our ranks in the very near future. I have heard only wonderful things about you from her, so your addition is also reason for excitement."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:24 am 

Ran-san... as he had been going down, she had been going up quicker than he had ever thought possible. Not that long ago, they were mere ronin, and now she was being promoted to family daimyo. Wataru could only be proud of her, even though he would probably have to change clans again. The thought would had caused him to feel angry in the past, but after learning to love her, he would follow her anywhere.

But probably Berena had heard of him turning down the Tortoise clan before, so he wished to clarify.

"I suppose you may have heard that I was already proposed to come into the Tortoise clan before, Berena-sama, yet I turned it down." The samurai calmly took a small cup of wine from one of the waiters walking around, using two fingers alone, and took a small sip from it to refresh his lips. "I was aware of Saionji-sama and his true claim over the Tortoise clan, as he is the son of the previous Champion, and I did not respect Zazu-sama as the proper inheritor to the position, therefor I could not accept being taken into a clan if I did not respect his leader. I also had a debt with my captain, for he had protected me and guided me in my troubled times, and could only join another clan if he were to accept and understand." The samurai took a second sip giving the Muhakis time to understand and take in what he had just said. Watary could see Ran some distance away, and eyed her with a smile full of love. "Yet now a new thing comes to us, since I would be joining the Tortoise because of a marriage, as I will follow Ran-san anywhere she goes. She and I are meant to be together. This holy union overpowers any debt that I may have with my captain, or my Champion."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:33 pm 

Saionji nodded.

"I applaud your devotion to her and find no issue with your motivations, Gusai-san. Just before this meeting I was approached by your captain, and he suggested to me that the Tortoise and the Mantis may develop a more cooperative stance toward each other. While I am reluctant for now, I see that this marriage may be bringing matters closer in that direction. That would be good news for you, not to join a Clan that is on unfriendly terms with your current one. Perhaps consider your marriage also in these terms."

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:04 pm 

Bellena nodded in agreement with Saionji. "The world is changing at an elevated rate. Any bit of constructive change we can add to that equation is valuable. Old resentments must always be reconsidered if they do not serve the here and now. I hope your marriage brings positive change in the days ahead."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:21 pm 

Mirumoto Kenzo wrote:
The first made Kenzo smile warmly. "I would expect so." He said. Indeed, he was pleased to see Ran find someone who she so clearly felt for.

The second... Kenzo's eyebrows went up, even as he bowed low. "That is indeed news." He said mildly. He straightened, smiling. "I'm... very impressed with you, Ran-san, if you don't find it presumptuous of me to say so. Since we met, I expected that you were destined for great things."

He glanced towards the other group, and then back to her. "Did you want to tell them now? I'd understand if you didn't, of course."

Ran blushed, and took a deep sip from her wine glass - "Your friendship has been a blessing, Kenzo-sama, you inspire me."

At his query if they should go over, she simply replied: "Let's."

She approached her liege. Her gaze drifted to Bellena, and flicked happily to Wataru. She gave a low and respectful bow.

"Muhaki-sama's, Wataru-kun," she nodded to each in turn, and then looked back to Saionji, "I wanted to confirm with you that after speaking to my captain and to Utsusemi-sama," Ran's head inclined toward where each woman are at the masquerade, "-I would humbly accept."
She let that sit for a moment, then looked back to Wataru and smiled,
"It pleases me to see discussion between my liege and my betrothed. It looks good, to be honest." She smiled at Bellena, including her as well.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:30 pm 

Bellena merely smiled from the corner of her mouth and nodded in a supportive manner to her young friend. She then looked to Saionji and, leaning in, put a hand on his opposite shoulder and whispered in his ear.

"I think she is the best choice personally. Utsusemi has asked to be allowed to return to her children, and if Ran has Tori's support as she said... I think it is a great fit. She deserves it." She smiled as she straightened her spine and her hand gave an affectionate scratch on the back before dropping back to her side.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:37 pm 

Following along, Kenzo too gave a low bow.

"Mirumoto Kenzo." He murmured, his words directed at Wataru. It is indeed a pleasure.

He couldn't help but grin as Ran accepted, his eyes flickering from face to face to see reactions.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:33 pm 

"Very well, Someisa Ran-san. You have been chosen by Lady Sadahako, and I corroborate that choice. We shall hold a proper ceremony of investiture at the Temple, but from this moment forth I consider you the leader of the Someisa, with the right to accept fealty from those who wish to join the ranks of your family and meet your acceptance. Your governance over all matters in the purview of the Someisa is legitimised. That includes, but is not limited to the matters of cultivation of artisanship and performing arts as well as religion and worship. Above all, you are now the official custodian of the grandfather turtle..." His gaze searched for Ichigo. "As well as the new generation of the living symbols of our Clan. You are tasked with maintaining establishments falling into those purviews. I expect you to rise to the scope of your duties without too much delay."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:03 am 

Her gaze flicked from her liege to Wataru, then back again before she bowed low and respectful.

"Thank you."

He looks for the star turtle, and she answers, "Ichigo-san is spending the evening at my abode, under the care of Muhaki Kiara-san," Ran clarified. "I look forward to returning to him and telling him the wonderful news.
I am humbled at your faith in me, and endeavour to elevate the Someisa as a shining example in the purviews and establishments our clan holds most dear."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:38 pm 

"Our Clan transcends lineages. With you and your betrothed, new legacies add to our ability to blaze new paths for the Empire." Saionji chuckled. "I wouldn't call us misfits, but those redundant elsewhere will find a new life among us. It were the Imperials, the Dragon and the Crab"... And the Unicorn. "...in prior generation, may it be the Phoenix and the Crane in this one. And, last but not least, all the Merenaese, who have found love for our Empire in their hearts." He glanced at his betrothed, but soon after on Zabieru. "A half thousand years after our Empire was founded it is time to again do what the Kami did, to bring new people into our fold and learn from each other how to live together." Saionji glanced at the lonesome Yajinden, then at those gathered around him. As they all gathered around him, he felt the need to say something momentous. He looked for it in his soul, recalling his conversation with Jama. "I believe this is the vision that has brought the Explorers here. The Tortoise Clan was born on this vision, and it will ever stand at its forefront."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:43 am 

Saionji wrote:
"I applaud your devotion to her and find no issue with your motivations, Gusai-san. Just before this meeting I was approached by your captain, and he suggested to me that the Tortoise and the Mantis may develop a more cooperative stance toward each other. While I am reluctant for now, I see that this marriage may be bringing matters closer in that direction. That would be good news for you, not to join a Clan that is on unfriendly terms with your current one. Perhaps consider your marriage also in these terms."

"Our clan competition is born from the desire to serve the Emperor fully, and to bringing his grace upon us. It is not required for us to compete against one each other to do so fully. Cooperating I believe that both our clans can be of much more service to the Empire and its cause in the expansion of the ideals of Rokugan and the Kami." The samurai spoke with true words, inspirational and full of pride.

Ran-chan joins the group, and Wataru greets her with a bow and offering her his most warming smile, following a greet to the Dragon samurai that followed her. "Ran-chan, Mirumoto Kenzo-sama." The samurai listened carefully as the samurai-ko accepted the offer that now he understood. The fortunes had worked for her to rise, and for him to follow her, and though not that long ago he would find this unheard of, as he looked into her eyes, he knew that he would follow her wherever she went.

"I have found Muhaki Saionji-sama to be a truthful honorable one, one who I would have no doubts in following without hesitance. One who does not impose his pleasure above the needs of the clan." Something the samurai had felt from the father of Saionji

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 am 

Seppun Hinami wrote:
[OOC]

She will not duel you Yasu. Open for RP again.

Ringo approaches the Imperial woman who is once again free. He offers her a polite bow. "Konbawa. Have you had your rice today?"

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

Page 8 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next