Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 pm




 Page 7 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:09 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:54 pm
Posts: 197
Yajinden nodded. There was indeed little else that could be said.

"Orders will reach you tomorrow morning. The Explorers shall undertake an expedition north in force the day after tomorrow, against the enemies of the Empire that disclosed themselves last night. Hantei-no-kimi has transferred the command of the Imperial Marines to Captain Kitsu Keiji, who has recently equipped Kunshu Maru with cannons."



_________________
Crane Clan Artificer | Shugenja | Shipwright | Quartermaster of the Imperial Explorers | Jama's Lieutenant | Fabulous
Status: 5 | Glory: 4 | Honour: Expected

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:16 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
Asahina Tori wrote:
"Again, you flatter me," the Crane blushes slightly, and she hides with her fan what her complexion cannot.

"It is but a misunderstanding; I thought it was the expectation for the event. I am still... learning the way of the land, figuratively as well as literally."


"Ah, I understand. There really is quite a unique combination of circumstances on this island, even if one is used to dealing with a mix of cultures. I've never been to an event quite like this, certainly."



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:36 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:12 pm
Posts: 1325
Yasuhiro nodded. "I will await them then, Asahina-sama." Was the easy reply, there was very little else he could do after all. The Lion would then wait until he was dismissed before bowing again and departing,there was still a short amount of time before he intended to leave, and as the Crane had said, there were likely a few people he should confront.



_________________
Lion Clan | Bushi | Archer | Shireikan | Naval College | Blessed | Explorer | Disturbing | Proven Marksman | Jinn Touched

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:57 pm
Posts: 550
She audibly sighed at the sight of her betrothed when he entered the ball.

"Wataru-kun," she said under her breath, and looked to Kenzo, who had stood by her and made small talk with her to keep her mind busy. She very much appreciated his company.

She downed the last of her second glass of wine. "There he is," she motioned to Wata with her fan gently so Kenzo could spot him, but before she moved she saw the approach of Bellena-sama and her liege toward her betrothed. Curious.



_________________
Tortoise clan • Someisa Daimyo | Soul of Artistry (Craft) | Sage | One with Nature | Paragon (Sincerity) | Blessed by Sadahako | Bad Fortune (Disfigurement: Abundant Freckles)
Status: 6.0 • Honour: Exceptional • Glory: 3.8 • Infamy 0.2 • Reputation 1.8 • Notoriety 0.5 | College of the Dawning Light | First Mate, the Stingray
Languages: Rokugani, Mereanese | Ichigo the space turtle Image

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:33 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:24 pm
Posts: 1235
Edogawa moved about again, casually watching the various conversations from afar. He could only imagine some of the topics being discussed.



_________________
Imperial Explorer Captain of Yamato Maru Naval College Foreign Resources Administrator Chief Shipwright Remarkable Mariner Craftsman Navigator Odd Looks Cursed Deranged Soul of Teodoro Cornejo
Status: 4 | Glory: 5 | Infamy: 2 | Honor: Exceptional | Reputation: 1 | Notoriety: 1

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:56 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:45 am
Posts: 487
Muhaki Berena wrote:
The duo walked over to where the man was standing after he arrived. Bellena nodded graciously, "Gusai Wataru-san is it not?"


Wataru was unexpectedly greeted by a pair of samurai of the Tortoise. Could it be that they were interested in him because of Ran-chan? he wondered while holding his facade perfectly.

As the pair reached him, the samurai bowed gracefully, in the way of the gaijin, placing one hand parallel to his waist, and the other at his back. "I am honored, Muhaki-sama."



_________________
Mantis • First Officer of the Walrus • Courtier trained • Sage • Lechery • Paragon of Success • Gentle Windjammer
Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.4 • Honor: Exceptional • Reputation: 2.1

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:24 pm
Posts: 142
Saionji nodded back, letting Bellena do the talking for now.



_________________
Tortoise Clan Champion | Commodore | Merchant Prince | Cosmopolitan | Friend of Kings & Khans | Spoken for
Status: 7.5 | Glory: 3 | Reputation: 5 | Honour: Expected


Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:04 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:54 pm
Posts: 197
"Carry the Fortunes, Matsu-san. Thank you for the conversation." Yajinden politely bowed back.



_________________
Crane Clan Artificer | Shugenja | Shipwright | Quartermaster of the Imperial Explorers | Jama's Lieutenant | Fabulous
Status: 5 | Glory: 4 | Honour: Expected

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:36 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Muhaki Ran wrote:
She audibly sighed at the sight of her betrothed when he entered the ball.

"Wataru-kun," she said under her breath, and looked to Kenzo, who had stood by her and made small talk with her to keep her mind busy. She very much appreciated his company.

She downed the last of her second glass of wine. "There he is," she motioned to Wata with her fan gently so Kenzo could spot him, but before she moved she saw the approach of Bellena-sama and her liege toward her betrothed. Curious.


"Ah, of course!" Kenzo said. "I believe I've seen him before. So that's your intended, then?"

He looked to her, smiling. "I'm glad to be getting the chance to meet him. I knew he'd be alright." He said.

Before they could go up to him, he was approached by the Muhaki pair. "Oh." Kenzo said. "Ah... shall we approach them now?" He looked at Ran, his eyebrows going up. "Actually, did you have any news for Muhaki-dono?" He'd been there when the offer had been made, after all.



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:17 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:48 am
Posts: 818
Ringo tries to slip into the party quietly. He wears a 1/2 mask on his face.

Image

He is success with slipping into the party. He is not successful with the quietly part as he accident bumps into a table and knocks over some of the glasses and bottles. He bows deeply in apology quickly and then non-chalantly walks away and lets the servants clean that up. Nothing to see here.


/ Never a 2nd Chance to Make a 1st Impression
Aw/Etiquette. 2 CR vs tn 20 = 19. Fails.



_________________
Crab * Bushi * Berserker * Large * Imperial Naval College * Evil Red Eye (L) * Struggling Pacifist * Promising Creator * Dangerous Beauty (at home) * Exp
Status: 1.0 * Glory: 3.8 * Reputation: 3.1 * Honour: Untrustworthy
Languages:
Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:26 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:12 pm
Posts: 1325
Asahina Yajinden wrote:
"Carry the Fortunes, Matsu-san. Thank you for the conversation." Yajinden politely bowed back.


Dismissed Yasuhiro walked away, though he didn't depart the Ball quite yet, instead making his way towards the young woman he has talked with the day before. Seppun Hinami was dressed well, and in a manner he felt acceptable, well expect for the garish mask. Though he'd still have prefer if there was less gaijin influence.

The Lion wasn't sure of what he planned to say, but he'd at least promised his opinion. "Seppun-sama." He greeted her with a bow. "I hope you are enjoying the festivities."



_________________
Lion Clan | Bushi | Archer | Shireikan | Naval College | Blessed | Explorer | Disturbing | Proven Marksman | Jinn Touched

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:05 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Gusai Wataru wrote:
Wataru was unexpectedly greeted by a pair of samurai of the Tortoise. Could it be that they were interested in him because of Ran-chan? he wondered while holding his facade perfectly.

As the pair reached him, the samurai bowed gracefully, in the way of the gaijin, placing one hand parallel to his waist, and the other at his back. "I am honored, Muhaki-sama."



"It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Muhaki Berena, and this is Muhaki Saionji, Lord of the Tortoise clan. We understand that you are betrothed to marry Muhaki Ran-san, is that right?"



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:11 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm
Posts: 649
Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
Dismissed Yasuhiro walked away, though he didn't depart the Ball quite yet, instead making his way towards the young woman he has talked with the day before. Seppun Hinami was dressed well, and in a manner he felt acceptable, well expect for the garish mask. Though he'd still have prefer if there was less gaijin influence.

The Lion wasn't sure of what he planned to say, but he'd at least promised his opinion. "Seppun-sama." He greeted her with a bow. "I hope you are enjoying the festivities."


Hinami bowed to the Lion once again. '' Matsu-san. It's a honor to meet you here.'' She looked around. '' Well, there are appropiate, I guess? Not like our own festivities but until now I have not seen something that shocked me. Except the lack of humility and decorum of some...'' She refered to Zabieru in particular.

'' And you? I saw you talking to Asahina Yajinden-sama.'' She gracefully drank some of her wine.



_________________
*Imperial *Kuge *Courtier *Wealthy *Blessed *Beautiful Voice *Cursed *Superintendent for Kameyama Jima *The Spider Queen
Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 3.9|Reputation: 2.7|Notoriety: 1.8|Infamy: 0.0|Status: 5.0

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:12 pm
Posts: 1325
The Lion held no glass, having left his at the table he had been at untouched. "I admit I'm not surprised, or shocked, the things I have seen here are largely what I expected to see Seppun-sama." At least for the most part.

"As for Asahina-sama, he had some concerns about me, and reminded me that my own concerns if left unspoken would remain unheard. I thought is a good time to do so, and to inform him that I will be returning to the services of my clan when we return to Rokugan. To give him ample time to find a replacement for me on the Ashitae Maru."



_________________
Lion Clan | Bushi | Archer | Shireikan | Naval College | Blessed | Explorer | Disturbing | Proven Marksman | Jinn Touched

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:57 pm
Posts: 550
Mirumoto Kenzo wrote:
"Ah, of course!" Kenzo said. "I believe I've seen him before. So that's your intended, then?"

He looked to her, smiling. "I'm glad to be getting the chance to meet him. I knew he'd be alright." He said.

Before they could go up to him, he was approached by the Muhaki pair. "Oh." Kenzo said. "Ah... shall we approach them now?" He looked at Ran, his eyebrows going up. "Actually, did you have any news for Muhaki-dono?" He'd been there when the offer had been made, after all.

"That's him," she confirmed to Kenzo with a light nod of her head. "He is a good man."

She paused, and considered. "I have given the topic thought, and with the blessing of Utsusemi-sama, I will go forward with his offer. I ...should probably tell that to him, neh?" Her eyes widened as she realized... "And tell Wataru-kun, as well."



_________________
Tortoise clan • Someisa Daimyo | Soul of Artistry (Craft) | Sage | One with Nature | Paragon (Sincerity) | Blessed by Sadahako | Bad Fortune (Disfigurement: Abundant Freckles)
Status: 6.0 • Honour: Exceptional • Glory: 3.8 • Infamy 0.2 • Reputation 1.8 • Notoriety 0.5 | College of the Dawning Light | First Mate, the Stingray
Languages: Rokugani, Mereanese | Ichigo the space turtle Image

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 1661
Muhaki Ran wrote:
"That's him," she confirmed to Kenzo with a light nod of her head. "He is a good man."

She paused, and considered. "I have given the topic thought, and with the blessing of Utsusemi-sama, I will go forward with his offer. I ...should probably tell that to him, neh?" Her eyes widened as she realized... "And tell Wataru-kun, as well."


The first made Kenzo smile warmly. "I would expect so." He said. Indeed, he was pleased to see Ran find someone who she so clearly felt for.

The second... Kenzo's eyebrows went up, even as he bowed low. "That is indeed news." He said mildly. He straightened, smiling. "I'm... very impressed with you, Ran-san, if you don't find it presumptuous of me to say so. Since we met, I expected that you were destined for great things."

He glanced towards the other group, and then back to her. "Did you want to tell them now? I'd understand if you didn't, of course."



_________________
Dragon | Bushi | Famed Naturalist! | Infamous Scoundrel! | Loves Animals | Naturalist-at-Arms
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 4.9 | Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 2.0 | Honor: As Expected
Languages: Rokugani, Yobanjin
Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Profile
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:10 am
Posts: 364
Iuchi Ruqqayah wrote:
"Ah, I understand. There really is quite a unique combination of circumstances on this island, even if one is used to dealing with a mix of cultures. I've never been to an event quite like this, certainly."

"Well, in that case..."

Tori flags down one of the servers, and takes to glasses of wine, offering one to her new friend. "To new firsts." she raises a glass.



_________________
Crane * Courtier * Distinguished Naturalist * Sailor * Imperial Naval Academy * Tinker * Lecher * Small * Honors Student * Captain * Sensei * Librarian of the Explorers
Status: 4.0 * Glory: 8.6 * Honor: 6.5 * Reputation: 4.1
Inventory: Wakizashi, Tanto, Fan, Calligraphy Set, Mirror, Pistol, Seagull Necklace
Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:42 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm
Posts: 649
Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
The Lion held no glass, having left his at the table he had been at untouched. "I admit I'm not surprised, or shocked, the things I have seen here are largely what I expected to see Seppun-sama." At least for the most part.

"As for Asahina-sama, he had some concerns about me, and reminded me that my own concerns if left unspoken would remain unheard. I thought is a good time to do so, and to inform him that I will be returning to the services of my clan when we return to Rokugan. To give him ample time to find a replacement for me on the Ashitae Maru."


Hinami nods. '' A shame, really. I think that we lose an important member, the Imperial Explorers will not be the same without you, Matsu-san. You are an important part of this expedition.'' She sincerely said. '' I admire your sense of duty and your wisdom, truly I do.'' She praised the lion.

'' So what were your expectations?'' She asked.



_________________
*Imperial *Kuge *Courtier *Wealthy *Blessed *Beautiful Voice *Cursed *Superintendent for Kameyama Jima *The Spider Queen
Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 3.9|Reputation: 2.7|Notoriety: 1.8|Infamy: 0.0|Status: 5.0

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:19 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:12 pm
Posts: 1325
He wasn't quite sure of that, being an important member of this expedition. Few truly seemed to take any advice he offered, or wanted his opinion either.

"That I don't fit in this world Seppun-sama, and tonight would confirm it." He offered in return, with a soft smile on his lips. "The one that the Explorers are creating."

"Progress by sacrificing who we are. Or that's at least how I see it. " His gaze moved across the party, taking in all those in foreign garb.



_________________
Lion Clan | Bushi | Archer | Shireikan | Naval College | Blessed | Explorer | Disturbing | Proven Marksman | Jinn Touched

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:46 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm
Posts: 649
She observed around. '' Then you should fight for what you believe. And I don't think you don't fit in this world, since there's only one world, Matsu-san. There's only one Ningen-Do.''

'' Will you leave and let those who not share your views do what they want? Or you fight for your beliefs? Making yourself an example to follow...'' She asked. '' I don't think you are alone in your beliefs, Matsu-san. Probably there must be many souls that share your sentiments.''

'' But If you are determined to quit the explorers, then, I can only offer you good luck and hope that the Seven bless you and the path you choose to follow...''



_________________
*Imperial *Kuge *Courtier *Wealthy *Blessed *Beautiful Voice *Cursed *Superintendent for Kameyama Jima *The Spider Queen
Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 3.9|Reputation: 2.7|Notoriety: 1.8|Infamy: 0.0|Status: 5.0

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 7 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group