Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Favors Fulfilled (D10 - EE @ Masquerade)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:53 pm 

Anzai had part of a debt to resolve. This was the easy part. He had sought out the Exotic Prince of Mantis, and had taken a moment to admire the other man's taste in fashion

All he had to do was introduce Susumu to the Governor. He would do more than that, of course.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: Favors Fulfilled (D10 - EE @ Masquerade)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:29 pm 

Susumu respected the scorpion's flair despite the obvious 'sex me' vibe it gave to the women of the ball. When the man approached Susumu figured it was time to make introductions

''Shosuro-san'' he said with a bow

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 am 

Juanito took a moment to approach. He assessed both men.

"Good evening, gentlemen. How can I be of brief assistance?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:44 am 

The Governor's approach actually makes things much easier. Anzai would of course return the bow to Susumu, and just as he was about to speak, he smiled to Don Juan.

"Don Juan, a lovely party, thank you for the invitation. Please, allow me to introduce to you, one of our illustrious capitans. This is Gusai Susumu-Taichou, Captain of the Walrus, and of the Mantis clan." He would indicate to Susumu, while keeping both men within his vision.

"Gusai-taicho. I present, Governor of the East Port, Don Juan de Alumeria. A friend of mine, and our most honored host this evening." This was the easy part. But he wasn't just going to introduce the Captain, no, no.

This was why Anzai was an ambassador.

"Don Juan, Gusai-Taicho is one of the finest Captain's in all of Rokugan. He also happens to be a master merchant. Without his skill, the expedition of the corps would most likely have failed. He is a most honorable man, and would be someone I think you would benefit from having in your esteem." He flicked the fan open, almost out of habit, covering his face slightly as he spoke to the Governor.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:36 pm 

Susumu was honestly surprised by the level of praise the scorpion brought forth

He's darn good at what he does, the bastard!

He smiled mirthfully ''You give me such high praise it seems almost like a crime to claim any humility'' he then turned the their host and bowed deeply ''It is an honor to make your acquaintance Governor Don Juan de Alumeria and I must admire your skill in orginising this masquerade''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:59 pm 

"A distinguished merchant captain, but also a military leader from what I've heard. This can be a good or a bad combination, depending on the intentions of the person. Yours, I assume, are benevolent, Senor?"

Juan mused.

"Thank you for your words of appreciation, but I assume you're seeking my attention not for courtesies alone. I am actually quite familiar with your actions ever since you arrived. Few things that take place in the East Port escape my attention."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:45 am 

''News travel fast Senor but yes, a captain must be able to lead his crew through thick and thin.'' he kept his smile high and played along

''I would lie if I did not admit I would have wanted to speak to you about some business...but this might not be the time as many certainly wish for your company.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:34 pm 

"That is not untrue, but brief conveyance of an idea is bread and butter of ship command, is it not? Perhaps you could at least leave me with something to remember you by in terms of your future business intentions."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:30 pm 

He gave a nod

''I might be sailing to your homeland and to the Tarkhanate soon and so I was thinking we might set up some business we might both profit from.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:40 pm 

"I have less random means of shipping at my disposal, and I am not denied access to any of the important ports and markets of the Takrhanate and beyond. What's your comparative advantage over my current channels, Senor?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am 

''I just made a deal with the House of Dahab but I also will be in charge of selling art for Agasha Utsusemi-sama..''

He sipped wine

''Things will also become quite interesting back home, as your brother knows well, and having an unexpected friend might prove useful to everyone. Like you already know, I can handle myself''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:37 am 

Juan contemplated it and something glistened in his eyes, an idea.

"Then come offer me a piece of artwork at our mutual convenience in the coming days, then we can talk more. For now, I need to excuse myself, gentlemen. Duties of the host. It was a pleasure acquainting you, Senor." He nodded and left their company.

/exit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:26 pm 

''Likewise'' he said with a bow

Equipment (visible):

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]