Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Consulting [D11EE]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:02 am 

Just as before, when meeting with Berena, Kenzo had sent along word of his arrival. It seemed prudent, especially with so many people he could be there to see.

By now, Kenzo knew the way rather well, having been there a number of times in the recent past. He approached a guard, bowing. "Good evening. I'm here to see Iuchi Ruqqayah-sama." He put extra emphasis on her name, figuring that, at least, would be understood.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: Consulting [D11EE]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:12 am 

The servant nods and leads him inside, to Ruqqayah's door. After a knock, a medium-skin face with light green eyes framed by a veil appears as the door open. The woman before him is tiny, with a friendly smile. "Ah, Mirumoto-san, welcome. It's good to see you again... Please, come in," she said, stepping aside to allow him entry. "Would you like anything to drink?"

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:18 am 

Before entering, Kenzo bowed respectfully. "Iuchi-sama. Thank you so much. It is good to see you again as well."

He stepped inside, turning gracefully at her question, his eyebrows going up. "I would, thank you." He smiled. "Although, in truth, I'm not sure what drink Unicorn prefer to serve to their guests. In Rokugan, it would be tea, of course." He bowed again. "Nevertheless, thank you, that's very kindly offered."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:21 am 

"Oh, of course. IT's no trouble. If you prefer something stronger, I can ask for coffee, or if you'd like something sweet, I can ask for juice," she replied with a smile in return, remaining paused by the door to be able to send the order off immediately.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:33 am 

"Oh." Kenzo's eyebrows went up. "Goodness." He murmured. He wasn't used to having options for this.

He smiled. "Perhaps some coffee, then? That seems to me to fill a similar role as tea, if I'm not mistaken? And I've acquired rather a taste for it."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:39 am 

She chuckled and smiled at his surprise, then sends the servant off for coffee before closing the door and gesturing toward a table with two chairs. "Please, make yourself at home. Mi casa es su casa. My home is your home," she said with a smile before settling into one of the chairs. "So, what can I do for you? I admit, the request came as a surprise."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:10 am 

"Ah! Thank you." Kenzo said brightly. He waited for her before settling into the other chair.

"As to that..." Kenzo gathered his thoughts, pursing his lips. "Well, during the encounter with the Jinn, it seemed that you were very learned. This impression was confirmed by my charge, Utsusemi-sama, who had very good things to say about you." He inclined his head to her respectfully.

"I was hoping you might be able to help me identify something." From the satchel he kept at his side, he pulled out a small pouch, setting it carefully on the table. Inside, Ruqqayah would find two pearls. "Our senior shugenja examined these. He said they have some sort of magical properties; one a ward against darkness, the other some personal defense effect."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:39 am 

She smiled warmly. "Ah, Agasha-san is a wonderful person to talk to," she commented brightly, before looking down at the pouch. "Oh, curious. May I?" She gestured, signalling that she wanted to pick them up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:53 am 

Kenzo smiled warmly. "I'm pleased that you find her so, Iuchi-sama." He said.

He opened his hand. "Please. Go ahead. I was hoping you would, in fact."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:00 am 

Ruqqayah picks up one of the pearls and looks closely at it.

---

EE 11 - Intelligence/Spellcraft: 7d10o10k4 38

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:12 pm 

She couldn't tell the origins of this magic, but she would recognise the effects and confirm what Yajinden had already discerned. With enough time and assistance of someone like Mahasin she might be able to manipulate them through the Seal to work as small one-time artifacts, with some insight from Nobane's technique...

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]