Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pm

Page 2 of 2 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: His Salvadora (D11, LE Belle's Room)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:02 pm 

I was there when his people found the snake-person and their old civilization.” She replied.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 pm 

He looked at her inquisitively, then a kiss on the forehead. "Any scholarly insights?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:16 pm 

She shook her head, “Nothing that seems related... something about some internal Crane division opening the rift for a giant spider to come through... and Jama’s vessels helping that process. But I doubt that’s intentional.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:34 pm 

"This is out of my depth." He frowned. "I wish I could call upon a sahir to explain giant spiders to me."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:54 am 

Which Jama now has at his side by the way... and carrying his child... and the seed of a djinn.” She said with a bit of apprehension.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:40 am 

"Wait, what?!" He recoiled in a way that almost tossed her off, but he leaned back and kissed her face apologetically, still in profound shock, trying to process her words.

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:54 am 

"It's been a long day..." She said with a chuckle as she moved her hand up to support her head as she looked at him.

"This morning... we went looking for another piece of that Thranish map. We were led to the leper colony. The entrance had collapsed, so we found another entrance that led to a shaft down into the mountain where a giant spider had set a trap.. We struggled to get out of its web, and just as we got out the spider arrived. Ruqqayah pulled out a lamp and rubbed it... after which a djinn emerged and helped us slay the spider. After we won though... the genie entered inside of her and said something about her being a 'Descendant of Tsubei'. And how she had a son of a greater lineage in her womb. And something about a 'thread of Awakening is being spun'. And something about a scion of 'Shilah and Kaleel', and another being called 'Sayel'." She shook her head slightly.

"It was all rather otherworldly."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:44 am 

"I can't pick it out all at once. Give me a moment." He rubbed his cheek with the free hand. "Well, she is a descendant of Iuchi Tsubei, that's for sure. Tsubei was Lord Iuchi's successor, living in times of Ki-Rin Scattering, and since him the line has not been broken, to my best knowledge. So the jinn got that one right." He sighed. That was the easy one. "And that she's pregnant? Well, I guess your guess it could be Jama is not off the mark but then, do you know much about her private life? Maybe she's been pregnant for a while and that was the reason she has fled from her father?" He rubbed his chin. "No idea what the other thing means other than it sounds like some obscure prophecy from a dark alley in the Jewel. I am sure there is some factual reference in it, it just doesn't make those premonitions real. Some jinn had got crazy during their war, no?" Still, he shivered.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:22 pm 

From my talks with Ruqqayah it seems that she ran away as a result of her brother’s death, and not because of a pregnancy. She has made some comments that now in retrospect seem to point to the child being Jama’s... along with the ‘greater lineage’ remark the genie made.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:24 pm 

He rubbed his eye lids. "So there likely will be another Hantei bastard, this time also a scion of the sole heir of the Grand Mufti. I cannot begin to think what the fallout of this will be, or how it should be acted on. Ahead of the Grand Kurultai and our own effort, who to tell about this, if anyone? I... I feel that not thinking like him, not being like him I am losing my ability to control anything, to lead instead of to follow. What is he, reckless, ruthless, remorseless? Or maybe I am just clueless." He sighed. "Looking back, the Hantei have often been like that. He's likely nothing Rokugan hasn't seen in his predecessors. Maybe I am not like my father at all. Or maybe he was not like them at all."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:45 pm 

For every Jama there is a Genji. The Hantei line has both good and bad leaders. There is never a universally sound way of leading. Some are plotters and schemers and some are great at reacting to the time and events around them and governing responsibly. You are forging a new path, just like you mentioned. It is natural to not know the end from the beginning on a new venture. But I have confidence in your ability to find the best option of the ones in front of you. For Jama it’s easy... he just cares about the end goal so he doesn’t have to care about anything or anyone on the way to his goal. We are not the type of people that say the ends always justify the means... we are the people that have to find the best means possible to reach a negotiated and desirable end. It’s much harder what you do, and it’s something a simple man like Jama can’t do.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:22 am 

He leaned in to kiss her cheek. "I am not terribly convinced but I see value in talking myself into thinking like that. Too much self-doubt would lead me as much astray as too little. I just have to remove it from my thinking that I am competing with him." He frowned, but then relaxed looking at her. "It may be subconsciously ulterior really. Perhaps I am just jealous that he has managed to make her pregnant in what, two weeks? They must have been trysting a lot in that mill."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:36 am 

Who says you haven’t been equally successful?” She said with a smile.

Another couple of weeks and we may learn there’s more than one important baby on the way..

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:54 pm 

He looked at her intently, his brows going high, then leaning in to kiss her on the lips with a soft smile, supporting her head with his hands, his fingers playing in the fields of rowan. "It feels like a really long wait. In absence of a jinn in you, there must be other ways to lessen the uncertainty."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:21 pm 

She smiled and her free hand drifted to the sash that kept her robe closed, "I'm not sure it needs to be a race... but I could be convinced to make you a father. If you ask nicely."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:59 pm 

"I thought I've already asked quite nicely for that." He smirked. "By this not being a race I mean I should be holding back tonight?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:28 pm 

She smirked back and stopped pulling on the sash while raising an eyebrow. Her hand still pinched the sash as she quipped, "Is that really what you'd like? Where did the cupbearer rogue go?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:31 pm 

"Nowhere. He's just waited for the summons." He took her hand from the sash and pressed it against the bed as he leaned over, cupping her lip with his both.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:48 pm 

She gazed back at him with sultry eyes as their lips parted, "Well then... consider him summoned."

/fade to baby?

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:23 am 

/Push the Wheel

Page 2 of 2 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2