Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Mother of Dragons & Queen of Spiders (D12, EA)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:46 am 

"On the Crab, we are agreed," Utsusemi nodded. "But have you not already been benevolent enough in tolerating these men who do not know how to act like proper samurai?"

Little did she know that Yasuhiro had been throwing insults her way as well, but it had turned out that the Lion hadn't had quite the guts enough to bring his grievances to her.

"There is only so much we can tolerate such improper conduct, especially from the likes of Zabieru."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:58 am 

'' I believe in second chances, Utsusemi-san. And I thought I was doing good in giving these 'men' another chance to prove themselves.'' She commented.

'' But maybe you are right, maybe I had been too compassionate. But as long as they have the approval of Hantei-no-kimi I can't do much, not publicly at least...'' She fanned herself. '' That Zabieru...he is the worst kind of creature there is in this world. He is a good captain, I grant him that, and I believe that is the only reason why Hantei-denka continues to keep him close...'' That was one of the big reasons Hinami hated Zabieru, his closeness to Hantei Jama.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:20 am 

"... There are worse men than Zabieru in this world," Utsusemi reminded Hinami, "but he is a pitiful and despiteful creature, and such men are easily manipulated. I've already had to deal with his behaviour before, but I consider it a different matter entirely when it is directed towards my fellow Explorers."

And the fact that they were sort of under her protection as their chaperone.

"But... Shosuro-san? Has he been making improper advances with you, Hinami-san?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:38 am 

'' He humilliated me in front of the merenae governor. Luckily, the governor is a honorable gaijin...'' She blushed a bit. '' ...and he reprimanded him when he understood the situation. Since that, I have not spoken with him, nor i wish to...'' She replied.

'' The Tortoise has also treated you in an improper manner, Utsusemi-san?''

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:19 pm 

"Nothing I could not handle, as I have seen his ilk in courts before," Utsusemi assured Hinami, "and having my yojimbo nearby put a stop to any further impropriety the last time I spoke with him. Someone as cowardly as him doesn't want to risk being on the opposite side of a Mirumoto's blades."

"As for Shosuro-san... I will have to speak with him about this. If he humiliates one of our own before a foreigner, I doubt his capability in continuing to represent the Imperial Explorers in going forward. We must always present a unified front, as representatives of our Empire."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:05 am 

Hinami nods. '' My sister once told me, people like that always bite off more than they can chew. Zabieru is a coward. He will self-destruct sooner or later. ''

'' That Shosuro, have you seen him, Utsusemi-san? How he acts? how he behaves? How he dresses? I sometimes doubt if he is a rokugani or a gaijin...'' Hinami commented about Anzai's lack of respect for his own culture. '' While I do believe that we must act with respect to these gaijin, he is a different case altogether. I think he just don't care about his own people anymore''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:12 am 

"I have spoken with Shosuro-san a couple of times," she nodded slightly. "Though I would not say that he does not care for his own culture simply because of how he dresses, and he has proven to be skillful in dealing with the gaijin..."

Utsusemi gave a wry smile. "Do you really believe that our culture, shaped by the Kami themselves, is so fragile that it is threatened simply by choosing to wear different clothes, or adopting local mannerisms to show good intentions towards the locals? If so... I would be disappointed, Hinami-san. Our culture, our history, our honour, and our very identity - is much stronger than that."

"After all, once upon a time, what is a tradition today was once something new. I do not think Shosuro-san has turned his back on the Empire, or his clan... the Scorpion prize loyalty above all else, sadly at cost to other virtues, as my sister has told me after she married into their clan."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:33 am 

'' Of course not. That was the same exact thing i was trying to explain to that brutish Matsu when he insulted me and treated me like a whore. But one thing is to use gaijin tools, like clothing, to achieve some type of diplomatic benefit, another thing entirely is discarding our sacred culture and start acting like a gaijin. I do believe that Anzai-san has chosen gaijin culture in detriment of ours. '' The Seppun explained what she believed.

'' Loyalty, hai. Loyalty to themselves and only themselves is more accurate.'' She adds.

'' In any case, I'm not a Doji nor a Kakita to comment about culture, I suppose. That is your former clan sacred duty after all, Utsusemi-san.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:53 am 

"Nonsense, Hinami-san. No one person or clan is the sole custodian of upholding or commenting on our culture," Utsusemi frowned slightly. "One of the follies of some of my former kin, if I may say so."

Of course, she made no comment to what she herself had worn of gaijin clothing during her time on the island. She knew Anzai adapted easily to the foreign ways, but she had a hard time believing he would completely forsake Rokugan for something foreign.

"I would be careful with making assumptions on the Clan of Secrets, but... I will have a word with Shosuro-san, considering what you have told me." The former Crane sighed. "Honestly, I sometimes do not understand why I Miya-sama assigned anyone to be a chaperone for this expedition; it's not as if I can follow you all around an entire island, on multiple ships, and make certain everyone behaves - and at the same time attend to all the other duties needed by the Explorers and seeing to the temple that was decreed by a Hantei."

Not to mention that almost all these matches she arranged seemed horribly thought out, as they are almost all failing before they've even exchanged vows.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:06 am 

Hinami chuckled behind her fan. '' Because you are trustworthy, dependable and wise, Utsusemi-san. That's why you were chosen for this difficult task. Of course, you are only human, you can't be in all places at all times. I suppose that I should offer you my sincere apologies for making your job harder...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:14 am 

Utsusemi smirked lightly. "I thank you kindly for your praise, Hinami-san, but it feels more like a task that cannot succeed unless everyone is well-behaved, simply because of the logistics of it. I suppose the Matchmaker probably had an agenda of her own for making all these matches, but it is all very different from my own experience of how my own marriage was arranged. It was no mere affair that was settled in one day based on brief first impressions."

Utsusemi shrugged. Perhaps it was just a nescessity now based on the current political climate.

"I might give Miya-sama a piece of my mind on it when we return, though I doubt she will welcome the criticism."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 am 

'' I concurr with you, it was a highly irregular process if you ask me. I mean, I'm no matchmaker expert and probably i'm speaking out of ignorance but I do think that these marriages were not done correctly by Miya Odorihime-sama. The process should had been much more meticulous. I mean, Zabieru was promised an Imperial wife...'' Hinami said in disbelief. '' ...Imperial blood to that awful tortoise, to share our blood with that creature when he has constantly mocked our culture, traditions and insulted not only one but two imperial princesses with his uncouthly mouth...'' She adds.

D13 Theme

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2