Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Mother of Dragons & Queen of Spiders (D12, EA)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:27 am 

Once word had finally reached Utsusemi that something had happened to Hinami and she was recovering at the hacienda, the lady Agasha had rushed home to pick up a change of clean clothes for the young lady as well as one of the better teas she had brought with her, before rushing over to the eastern port again to see to the Seppun princess.

The butler at least could recognize the well-dressed Rokugani as the one who had visited Bellena multiple times, and Utsusemi asked to see Seppun Hinami whom she had been told was recuperating at the estate.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Mother of Dragons & Queen of Spiders (D12, EA)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:26 pm 

And Hinami was there, walking around La Finca, followed by her ronin aide, Megumi. She was dressed with some spare kimono, that Megumi brought to her quickly during the night. Nothing special.

She approached the dragon lady, with a smile and bowed. '' Utsusemi-san, what a pleasant surprise...'' She was badly bruised all over her body. '' I hope that you had been blessed today?''

Megumi also bowed, low.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:33 pm 

It took her some effort to maintain decorum.

"Hinami-san, forgive me for coming so late, I was at the Temple when I heard." Utsusemi bowed but did take notice that while Hinami seemed bruise, her attendant did not.

"I brought you a change of clothes to wear in the meantime... shall I help you dress and you can tell me what happened?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:42 pm 

'' Utsusemi-san, you shouldn't have bothered. Your duties in the temple are far more important than me...'' She offered a smile. '' But then again, Arigato.'' She bowed. She was happy by the gesture. Actually Hinami didn't need help for changing her clothes but she accepted Utsu's offer out of courtesy and because while she could do it alone, it still hurts a bit.

She nodded to Megumi, and the ronin left. She bowed to Hinami and Utsu and then went to somewhere else, giving the two women some privacy. '' This way...'' Hinami guided Utsusemi to her temporal room, here at La Finca.

'' Not a pretty sight, eh?'' She commented.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm 

Utsusemi sighed, sounding very much like a disapproving mother. "What happened, Hinami-san? Did you go somewhere dangerous alone?" Like she had warned her not to do.

Giving Hinami time to respond she began to unwrap the tatoshi around the clothes she had brought.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:27 pm 

'' I went to the Turquoise pools. I wanted to explore them, since I heard they were beautiful. And they really are.'' She explained as she allowed Utsusemi to help her change her clothes. '' There I was attacked by some wild hornets, only to be saved by a rokugani woman. A shugenja who only identified herself as a 'ranger'. She was a nice woman...'' She sounded a bit depressed when she talked about the ranger.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:35 pm 

Utsusemi had no furisode for the young maiden to wear, and her extravagant clothes were a bit too heavy and warm, so she had opted for her finest summer kimono to lend Hinami.

" The nature here is beautiful and dangerous. Hornets nearly killed my brother-in-law. I trust this Ranger did not cause these bruises then?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:46 pm 

'' She didn't...she was helping me get out of the jungle when...when... she was hit by an arrow and...'' She tried to tell Utsusemi what really happened. '' Then a man, a crab, appeared out of nowhere...when i demanded that...he surrendered...himself...he..he...''

'' I escaped...when i had a chance...picked up the ranger's wakizashi...and ran...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:34 pm 

The much taller Dragon put her hands on Hinami's shoulders, allowing the younger woman to find strength in her motherly-like presence.

"He will be found, and he will be punished. But, tell me... why did you go alone?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:25 pm 

'' I don't know...'' She said, looking at her feet. '' I just wanted to do something on my own...but it was a stupid idea...'' Hinami adds, ashamed.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:06 pm 

The Dragon sighed deeply. There was no point now in telling Hinami what she should have done, as it seemed the girl had learned her lesson the hard way.

"Praise the Fortunes you got away safely. Please, ask me next time or take Megumi-san with you... we are fortunate that this brute of a Crab didn't harm you... though it is sad what happened to the Ranger."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:18 pm 

Hinami nods to Utsusemi but there was something different. She was acting different and her eyes, they were filled with hate as she remembered how the ranger was murdered.

'' I will not let this to pass unpunished...this will be the last time that a man treat me...like a common yūjo.'' There was anger in Hinami's eyes and voice. '' This is the last time I let a threat to my life or my honor to go unpunished.''

'' No more...''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:12 am 

"The...?"

Utsusemi frowned. "Hinami-san, what do you mean 'the last time'? Who else has treated you so?" The fierce protective nature of the Dragon was showing. "If it is any of the Explorers, then do tell me which ones."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:37 am 

'' To what end? I can't do anything about them...'' She said a bit frustated. '' But if you really want to know, Utsusemi-san then, Muhaki Zabieru, Shosuro Anzai and even Matsu Yasuhiro, have treated me with disrespect.'' Hinami answered Utsusemi's question.

'' The Tortoise and the Scorpion actions were expected since they are what they are...'' She frowned. '' But the Matsu was really a great disappointment. I thought he was a different man, a good man that would always treat people with respect and act honorably, no matter if they were their friends or enemies, but i was wrong. He is the same as those other two ''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 am 

The first name did not surprise her; Zabieru had hardly showed himself to be a paragon of samurai honour. But Anzai's name surprised her a little, but she was mostly shocked to hear that Yasuhiro had not treated an Imperial scion with the respect she deserved.

"Is that so?" her expression hardened. The Mother of Dragons was not one to take kindly to hearing that the children of her flock had been mistreated. "You should have told me sooner, Hinami-san. Then as the Imperial Chaperone, I could have seen them reprimanded for their actions..." she shook her head. "Matsu-san has always been such an honourable man... I just can't believe he would do something like that. But I suppose it shows that not all Lion are as noble as Kitsu Keiji-sama."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:51 am 

'' If they didn't respect the authority and tradition that comes from my bloodline, i don't think they will respect the authority that you have in these matters, Utsusemi-san. They are dishonorable and only think for themselves.''

'' Matsu-san is the same. He is blinded by his own selfish desires. I gave him permision to speak his mind and the only thing he had for me were veiled insults to my honor, treating me like if I was some fool whore, taunting me to duel him, even when I did nothing to insult him. When I offered him a chance to apologize for his behavior, he continued insulting me. He is nothing more than a bloodthirsty blinded pitiful man. How many duels had he fought already? two, three?''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:01 am 

"I honestly do not know what has gotten into that man... not that I fault him for challenging Zabieru. And you are right that they might not care for my authority either, but they forget that their futures with the matchmaker also depend on what I have to say when we return."

Of all the three men, Anzai was the one she believed she could reason with most easily. If he returned from the battle, she was determined to have a serious word with him. Yasuhiro as well.

"I might not be a warrior, or anything like that, but men like these often forget that a woman's word to another woman of power can have consequences for their futures. As you are the daughter of Seppun-dono, your word as well will give weight to ending their hopes and dreams."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:28 am 

'' I remember that when he fought against Muhaki Zabieru, he said that Zabieru was breaking several of the bushido tenets but then he insulted me doing the same that that Tortoise did to my sister and to me. He is just a hypocrite, judging others with his 'infallible' bushido but when he is the one in the wrong he forgets about 'his' code.'' Hinami continued her rant against Yasuhiro, since it was the one that hurt her the most. '' I don't know what Akodo Meikuko-sama sees in him.''

Hinami was really angry. '' They are all the same. They only spoke to me like that because I'm a small girl. Would they had the same words to my brother or to my lord father or even to Akodo Meikuko-sama? No. They are cowards, taking advantage only because I look small and because I look like I would not retaliate.''

'' But no more. I will not let this happen again.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:31 am 

Utsusemi raised an eyebrow.

"And what is it you are intending to do?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:43 am 

'' Nothing...for now. But if they cross the line again and disrespect me or the Celestial Order I will act accordingly as a member of the Imperial bureaucracy and the Ministry of Proclamations and Protocols. I will make sure that they never forget again what is the prize one has to pay when you insult the Imperial Families, the Celestial Order and in essence, the Hantei dynasty itself...''

''As for that brutish murderer Crab that threatened me, justice must be swift and righteous.'' She said firmly.

D13 Theme

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next