Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:03 am

Page 1 of 5 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: When In Rome...? (D5, LM)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:02 pm 

Cook had nearly kicked her off the ship physically as it had looked like Utsusemi was going to spend all her time by Sanjuro's side while waiting for Kenzo or Edogawa. It took a lot of persuading from the heimin to make Utsusemi accept that the crew would keep an eye on him, if she would only for the love of the Kami take care of herself for a little while. So eventually she caved in from the pressure, and after a round of scrubbing herself clean, she figured she would finally take Bellena up on the offer of seeing her home.

Might be a good idea to look around the island on what passed for homes before she would have to find a place for herself later.

Bellena's directions to her home had thankfully not been difficult to follow, and despite all the odd looks along the way, Utsusemi finally arrived at the rather impressive looking estates.

She really lives in this enormous place?

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: When In Rome...? (D5, LM)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:07 pm 

She would be greeted at the door by the butler before Bellena was notified of her guest. A few moments later Bellena came down from a staircase leading to an upper hallway. She smiled when she saw Utsusemi and bowed when she got close. "¡Bienvenido!"

She reached out to clasp Utsusemi's hand and started to lean in to kiss her on the cheeks before she stopped herself and smiled, "That's right, you aren't into kissing. Excuse me, it's a habit upon meeting guests."

She lifted one arm in a welcoming gesture towards the stairs, "Come in, please. How was your first day on the island?"

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:14 pm 

Not that Bellena hadn't seen Utsusemi in more formal attire before in Dragon's Guard City, but it was probably a bit of a change to see her returning to her proper and well-dressed self after a while at sea where she had worn only simple clothing and not worried too much about being fashionable. The muted deep-green kimono would make her look quite striking back home in Rokugan, but here it did turn a couple of heads.

"Ah, thank you," she chuckled gratefully as Bellena opted not to kiss her. "Old habits die hard, I understand."

"Quite... interesting, but with all the ones who were wounded from the storm, I feel I haven't been able to explore it much yet; most of what I saw yesterday was the Kasuga bay area, and the... hmm... home that once belong to Agasha Kasuga." After having met its denizens, calling it a shrine or temple felt completely off-base.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:21 pm 

Her eyes glanced up towards the ceiling for a second as she thought of what Utsusemi was referring to, "Ah, the little shrine thing in the West Port? I see. Well your tireless service for those in need is commendable. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. I have some resources to help if you need it."

She smiled warmly and began leading them up the steps, "For now though; you are a guest here. So please make yourself at home. Mi casa es su casa."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:24 pm 

"Yes," she nodded, confirming they were speaking of the same place. "I will manage for now, but I will have to see about more to my medical supplies eventually, since there seem to be a lack of healers in the fleet."

And it was silly of me to think that holy places would be the same in this place.

"Thank you... your home is very beautiful and impressive! My imagination did not quite live up to the reality. Do you live here alone?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:30 pm 

She shook her head, "This is the estate of the Governor of the East port. I serve as his chief advisor."

She led them up the stairs and down the hallway. "I hope it's not too gaudy... we try to keep the furnishings within reason."

She directed Utsusemi into a room before stepping out into the hallway for a moment to talk with a servant. After the brief conversation Bellena walked into the room and smiled, "Sorry, had an errand I needed the woman to run."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:34 pm 

"I admit it is different than the aesthetics I am used to, but I would not call it gaudy," she said, tilting her head to the side as she did take a good stock of her surrounding. "Very vibrant colours... I quite enjoy that."

Being a lady of her own house back home, it was something she was more than used to seeing. "It is no trouble, really. But it must feel good for you to be back home again, yes?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:39 pm 

She smiled and nodded, "Much more comfortable. But I assume the opposite is true for you?"

She directed them over to a table to sit, "Apple cider?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:42 pm 

"Duty requires me to be here, so I take comfort in that, but I am happy to see you are reunited with your home," she smiled, though a little sadly. She did miss her family and her home, after all, but she also knew this is what it would be like.

"Apple cider? I do not think I have had this before... is it like the wine the Governor served us on the ship yesterday?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:48 pm 

She smiled, "A bit I suppose... in that it is made from fruit, but it also has a blend of some spices and is not alcoholic.
At least this one isn't.
"

She poured a glass for Utsusemi and herself before sitting down, "Often Merenaese will tip their glasses against one another and offer a salute to something before they drink. Kind of like a 'kanpai' in Rokugani... but the words use can vary. And then you say 'Salud'. Like this..."

She extended her glass, "To a warm and welcome return home, for all of us. Salud!"

She gently tipped her glass into Utsusemi's and then took a drink.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:09 pm 

"To home and family. Salud," Utsusemi followed Bellena's lead before taking a sip. It was quite a pleasant and sweet beverage, much easier to drink early in the day than port.

"How was your first day being home again? It seemed like there was much for you to share with your kin..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:15 pm 

She chuckled, "It was a bunch of meetings and trying to figure out what to do with the new circumstances we find ourselves in. And yes... let them know what has been going on in the mainland."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:49 pm 

"The shrine is causing problems for the locals...?" she asked, a little worried.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:57 pm 

"It could potentially..." She said after a sip.

"I spoke with the head 'priest' of the Church of Kharsis yesterday about the matter. He is a generous man... but it isn't clear that he'd be in favor of building a shrine on the islands. There is a delicate balance that takes place here between the major religions of the people who live here... and throwing in a third ingredient could potentially rub people the wrong way."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:08 pm 

She sipped once more.

"I see... that does make it difficult. Do you believe it might work to meet, to talk it out? Theology is my husband's field, not mine, but if I can help smoothe things out I will gladly do so. Maybe meet this priest?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:11 pm 

"It could potentially help... I spoke with him and he wasn't opposed to it outright... but 'reluctant' would be the word I describe him as." She said.

"He did agree to give room and board to the Merenaese craftsmen and their families we brought with us." She said. "And I know him well... I think if I lean on him enough he won't oppose it... The bigger problem will most likely be the Imam of Little Aquaba."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:55 pm 

"Imam? I am not familiar with the word... another priest?" she asked, tilting her head slightly.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:57 pm 

She nodded, "Of the religion of the Lost Daughter. The people who populate Little Aquaba are predominately of that faith."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:42 pm 

"Are they..." she paused, looking for the right word, "unfriendly... to other faiths?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:49 pm 

She tilted her head, "They can be... if they determine a philosophy or people to be opposed to their faith."

DescriptionTheme

Page 1 of 5 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next