Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 am

Page 3 of 5 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: When In Rome...? (D5, LM)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:34 pm 

"Nothing I did not feel like I could handle somehow, but I am more concerned for the young women who might not be able to..." the Scorpion had just been flirtatious, Zabieru was creepy on a different level.

"Shame he has the favour of the prince, as the captain of the flagship."

Last edited by Agasha Utsusemi on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:40 pm 

"Scum sticks together floating on a pond..." She said softly.

Then shaking her head slightly, "I'm sorry... bit of a phrase from back home. It truly is a shame that deplorable men are put in charge of others sometimes, huh?"

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:28 pm 

"Quite," she agreed. "Just a shame that they must be tolerated for the time-being, but if that ball of slime hurts or touches any of the girls under my protection then he will meet his sea god soon enough."

Last edited by Agasha Utsusemi on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:32 pm 

She chuckled and nodded, "He should watch out. I wouldn't want to get in the way between the Imperial chaperone and her duties."

She then smiled and switched to Rokugani, "Do 'Banzai' with your arms."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:32 pm 

"Even if I wasn't appointed chaperone, I'd still be looking after all these inexperienced young girls," she added with a sigh. They all seemed very bright and clever, but not all of them were used to handling themselves in situations with such villains.

"Eh?" Utsu blinked, before raising her arms like for a banzai-cry. "Like so?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:20 pm 

She nodded and then lifted the dress up over her head and pulled it down on top of her in one simple motion. After the dress sat comfortably on her shoulders Bellena pulled on the fabric here and there to even it out.

"My my, aren't you a beautiful Merenaese diva now?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:31 pm 

Utsusemi lowered her arms, letting her hands trace over the fabric of the dress to get a feel of its craftsmanship.

"A diva?" she chuckled a little, looking herself over as she did. It was very very different from what she was used to wearing. "It feels much lighter than kimono for this kind of weather, I must admit."

Kami, what will people think seeing me dressed like this? Well, the locals might think me odd, the other Rokugani might think I've gone completely native... Kenzo... she noticed how much more the dress revealed of her skin and form. Would approve.

"It feels nice. I might have to see about getting something tailored for myself while I am here... I assume there are tailors here, yes?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:34 pm 

She nodded, "Of course we have tailors. I can take you down into town later if you'd like, or whenever you have time."

She smiled, "You're going to be melting hearts left and right. Especially the Mirumoto who seems to have taken a liking to you on the boat."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:37 pm 

"I think it would probably do me some good to take in the sights, rather than going back to the ship," she sighed softly. Sanjuro was going to be fine, she had to convince herself, and he'd probably just get all upset when he recovered and learned she had been worrying herself sick about him. "And going with a local is always better than alone."

Utsu blinked a few times. "What, Kenzo-san? No, no... he's a good friend and all, and my children think of him as an uncle, but..." she waved her hand, a bit at loss for words.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:50 pm 

Bellena chuckled a bit, "Maybe it was just a bit of sea loneliness getting to him... but that boy liked you, mi amiga. Asked me not to spread it around either when I teased him about it. Denied it much like you have of course..."

She smiled, "But I know the look in a man's eyes when he's interested as well as any other woman of my age. Don't worry though... I'm not the type to gossip or spread anything around."

She then leaned in slightly and smiled in an excited and distinctly feminine fashion, "But you like him don't you?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:56 pm 

Utsu hesitated... Bellena had so far been willing to trust her with some things, would it not be fair to show the same courtesy in return?

She gave a small nod. "I do. Please, don't tell anyone... it would hurt both him and me."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:05 pm 

She smiled and patted her on the shoulder playfully to lighten the mood, "You can trust me my dear. I don't have a vindictive bone in my body. I can be outspoken at times, but I don't go against my word."

She then wrapped her arm around Utsusemi's shoulders and squeezed in a friendly manner, "Besides, he's a good one in a world of undeserving men. I wish only the best for the both of you mi amiga."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:14 pm 

The gesture was unfamiliar, but she could appriciate it's intention... even if her placing her hand on Bellena's shoulder in return was a little awkward. "Yes, you're right. He's a good one," she nodded. "Thank you."

"Now it is only fair I turn this around at you,"
she grinned, pushing aside her own concerns for the time being. "Is there a good man for you out there in the world of undeserving men?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:19 pm 

She smiled and chuckled once while her gaze traveled to the floor for a moment, "Maybe... but if there was such a person, they wouldn't be here for me to introduce to you."

Her smile remained as her eyes moved back up to Utsusemi's, "Hypothetical men are hard to pin down."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:28 pm 

Utsusemi raised an eyebrow. "They usually are."

"I understand if you do not wish to talk of it. Just don't forget to find happiness for yourself too, mi amiga,"
she offered in a quiet and friendly tone, looking over her shoulder at Bellena. "So... how different is this," she gestured to the current outfit, "from the formal dresses?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:32 pm 

She smiled and nodded at Utsusemi's first statement, "You'll be the first to know if he materializes."

She then turned to the wardrobe again, "Here is one. This is a formal dress like one would wear in the court of the King of Merenae. My father bought it for me a few years ago."

She lifted up the red dress for Utsusemi to examine. "Would you like to try it on?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:41 pm 

Oh wow. Now that was very different. The cut and the fabric seemed exceptionally better, even at just a glance, as well as the level of detailing. Not that the informal dress was ugly, but to Utsusemi's eyes this red dress made it seem disappointingly mundane in comparison to the formal garment.

"It's lovely," she marvelled as she touched the fabric. "Like the finest silk from the lands of the Doji. Of course, if it is for a royal's court... my, are you sure you want me to try it on?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:49 pm 

She smiled and chuckled, "As long as you don't go running outside in the mud."

She reached over to help take the dress Utsu was wearing off, "I've never been too clear on my roots with you... but I'm sure you've guessed them in part by now. My home is known in Merenae for its silk production. My father made it from the best of the yield that year. The region is called La Cuenca de la Rubielos."

She translated, "The basin of rubies. We are known for our agricultural produce. The soil is rich and red in many places...
like rubies.
"

She brushed a hand through her hair, "As well as some of its people. My father was the Lord of the Quijano family...
a rough equivalent to one of your Great Clans.
"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:57 pm 

Utsusemi looked at Bellena with some surprise. "Oh... I was not aware I was in the presence of a princess!"

Seeing as she was wearing a gaijin dress, she might as well try this gaijin-custom of showing respect that she had seen around a couple of times now. Perhaps it was that Doji-breeding that made her pull of a decent enough curtsy for Bellena.

"Your home sounds like a wonderful place, almost like from a poem. And here I thought I had a pampered background, being the daughter of a province-governor," she teased Bellena with a chuckle.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:04 pm 

She chuckled, “Pampered and Quijano are not words often put together. We are a humble and determined people. We try and avoid much of the more ostentatious displays of our wealth and authority... and dedicate ourselves to providing sustenance and stability for the Kingdom, and people in need.”

She set aside the first dress after she removed it. Picking up the next dress she carefully held it up to slip on over Utsusemi’s head. “And like I mentioned before, I spent most of my youth far from home.

DescriptionTheme

Page 3 of 5 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next