Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

Page 2 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Lets be friend [D6 EE]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:01 am 

"Educated guess," he answered. "To be honest I don't really know but I assume you do have an end goal."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:03 am 

"And what do you surmise that to be?" She asked.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:14 am 

"I have no idea," he admitted. "I assume it will involve protecting your people but more than that," he shrugged.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:21 am 

She put her hand up to her temple and rubbed softly after shaking her head slightly, "What is it you'd like then Xavier? Without a plan... or any concept of my interests... or anything specific at all... how am I supposed to do anything with this offer of yours?"

She tilted her head, "My opinions of you thus far are not motivated on anything to do with your lineage... you've shown yourself to assume too much... to be duplicitous... to be generally ambitious with no guiding principle or wisdom to drive your ambition forward... Can you not see how these things would be unappealing to someone outside of yourself?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:10 am 

[Writing from phone, every dialogue is in Merenese]

He couldn't help but laugh at her remarks. "You might very well be correct," he sighed. "I guess I do come across as someone who is living to his reputation."

"Very well then," he eyed the woman cautiously. "As you are surely aware, the Tarkhanate has been rising nearly unstoppable since their victory over the Sheel. The khans seem to be euphoric and their thirst for conquest will surely not be quenched with only Anisrama."

"The fact that they are eyeing us with greedy eyes, that the King is a weak spineless cur and that both the Sheel and Yodatai are licking their wounds only worsens the chances for our people."

"They..." he frowned. "They are horrible. Slavery as the cornerstone of their identity? I might be many things but to sell a persons freedom? That is just barbaric."

"That being said," he crossed his arms. "I have a plan to destabilize their country and possibly end their threat. But it will take time. And will."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:03 am 

She chuckled and raised an eyebrow, "That's quite the aim... How is it accomplished?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:26 pm 

[Potentially might get retconned, so if I do reveal some of these at the meeting then this post will be altered]

He gave an appraising look to Bellena. There was no lust in his eyes but rather an inner conflict on whether to trust or not the fair maiden of the shapely ass. "Very well," he sighed. "There are many ways in which we could attack the Tarkhanate and while we might encounter success in varying degrees, they would all fail to deliver a mortal wound."

"I intend to act against their faith," he grinned. "And before you say anything. No, this is not due to my faith or to yours. I, personally, do not have any problem with the Kharsites or with the figure of Kharsis. Despite everything, my own Goddess acted as she did in the defense of her sister and as such no true follower of the Amatxu would ever dare diminish the figure of Kharsis. She was... something rare, a kind figure and a gentle soul," there seemed to be a different side to the Captain. "The problem in your faith arises from the people it attracts. I know you would place me in their ranks but I am certainly not as base or vile as half of the Kharsite clergy. Talk about misunderstanding the original message."

"But I did not come here to discuss theology nor how we interpret our deities but rather about how the Lost Daughter is a disgusting farce," he chuckled. "They are a religion that preaches so-called tolerance and friendship whilst at the same time holding slavery as a necessary pillar for the foundation of their Empire," he shook his head. "To destroy the trust the masses have on those priests would shatter that foundation and wound the Tarkhanate."

"I intend to do my best to accomplish that."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:41 pm 

She smiled and chuckled, "Putting aside your odd and uninformed comments about the clergy of my faith... First, have you looked at the Rokugani empire? Have you seen the way it is organized... you think your people have been persecuted under the Merenaese or would be treated poorly amongst the Tarkhanate? Look at the way the Rokugani treat peasants, merchants, 'non-humans', eta, and a slew of other people... Slavery is not only of one form in this world. If you have a problem with the Tarkhanate on that base, you very well should have a problem with Rokugan on the same grounds."

She then brought up her hand and touched a second finger, "Second, you are aware that over the last few hundred years the only thing that these people have had to sustain them on their path to success was their belief in the Lost Daughter? To discredit an entire religion which has proven... at least to them... to be their only hope in a terribly violent world seems to sound like a bit of an unattainable dream. How would you seek to shatter their faith? Adversity has only ever brought them closer together..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:39 am 

"Revolutions are seldom one-sided Doña Bellena," his smile widened. "The expansion of the Empire will bring wealth and, invariably, conflict."

He opened one of his hands. "On one hand, we have wealth, and given the abhorrence most samurai have for something as natural as commerce this will see the merchant classes raise in wealth and status," he opened his other hand. "On the other hand, we have conflict, and guess who shall spearhead the armies of the Empire? That is right. The Lion."

"Additionally I am going to be pushing for education to be spread among the lower classes. The purpose of this will be officially to improve our efforts abroad. The real reason will be to provide an invaluable weapon to them. Knowledge," he grinned. "Now as you can see we have three things," he held up three fingers. "Wealth, Conflict and Education. These three are intertwined and will set the stage for the necessary changes to occur in the Empire."

"As to the faith of the Tarkhanate," he commented ignoring her barb about the Kharsite clergy. "I do not speak about destroying their faith but rather their priests. Cause a schism. Create chaos."

"The world is a play," he grinned. "And we must make it as memorable as possible."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:02 am 

She chuckled, "I really hate your little maxims that simplify things with this dramatic flare you seem to be so attached to... "

She then leaned forward slightly and said, "Now before I tell you where I see problems in your 'grand vision' for the future... I have one request... Tell me of what you know about the relationship between the Tortoise and the Unicorn."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:21 pm 

"That is because I have a knack for theatricality," he laughed. "I enjoy the flair of it, the epic struggle before the riveting conclusion," he rose his fist to the air and laughed. "That is why I am here too. Because you are much more intelligent than me and because I am certain you could add the much needed cold logic to my plans."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:10 am 

"So... little to nothing... as I thought..." She replied and then leaned back in her chair.

"If you head down this path... you will have few friends among the Tortoise who will help you. You will be largely working on your own, with perhaps some tentative support from Jama... But I would not advise to jump too quickly onto Jama's wagon. You will never be anything more than a disposable tool to him... and as soon as you threaten his aims with the Unicorn, you will be eliminated without mercy." She replied.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 pm 

"But Bellena," his smile widened. "Do you think I'm a man to jump a wagon? No, no, no. After all... wagons don't sail."

"Besides, the Rokugani think too highly of their names and of dismissing foreigners. Look at us. Both scions from families with Grandeza and yet," he shrugged and laughed. "Sour surprises are in store for them if they keep their xenophoby."

"I do have another team I wish to approach you with, although I might be consuming too much of your time," he eyed the woman. "I want you to come explore with me."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:58 pm 

She sighed, "I still remember your claim the first time we met that I would end up an your boat Zabieru... and I have no intention on making you right on that matter. Why is it you want me to go with you?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 pm 

He laughed as she reminded him that. "You are right there," he flashed her his pearly whites. "Yet when we first met I must say I expected you to be under my command. Gonna be honest, didn't think that much of you."

"Yet now," he still smiled but his eyes didn't reflect that. "There is something out there in the mists. Something we have to uncover and unravel. And this time... this time I'm offering you to come as my equal."

"I need your intelligence Bellena."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:10 pm 

"And it is your intent to provide the Admiral with anything that you come across there in the process of exploration? Even if it empowers him to create complications for your people?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 pm 

"The admiral told us to relay to him our findings," he smirked. "He didn't ask us to go into great detail."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:29 pm 

She thought for a moment, her lips pursing once and then a slight nod, "I will consider it... I cannot go tomorrow... but perhaps the next day if conditions are favorable.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:43 pm 

"Good," he nodded. "I look forward to your decision. I mean... tomorrow I might not even be a captain anymore."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:45 pm 

She chuckled and smirked, "If the heavens do truly preside over such duels maybe it'll be my boat by the end of tomorrow that you'll be getting passage on."

DescriptionTheme

Page 2 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next