Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: I Don't Know if You Can Hear Me... (D6, EM Room)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 am 

She smiled and nodded, "You have done much in a short amount of time... and will accomplish much more soon my dear."

She then went back to the original question, "There were a collection of workers on the mainland that the Tortoise brought in at the request of the Imperial house to build the fleet that carried us to this island. A year ago, there was a fight between the leadership of our clan and the Imperials in which all of our holdings and our workers were confiscated by the Prince and his allies. They forced the workers to continue building the fleet and when it was completed I was approached by the man who had been given responsibility to care for these people who asked me to find a way for us to evacuate them from the mainland... because now that they had built the Prince's fleet he was not going to protect them anymore... and his older brother would most likely see to their demise if they had remained in the city."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:18 am 

"I..." It was rare that Ran was speechless.
"That's terribly dishonourable." She was quiet for a moment. "Not you, of course. I... I can't fathom... But you are a wise and brave woman to do what you did."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:23 am 

She nodded, "Many in Rokugan do not view heimin or gaijin as fully human and therefore are not worthy of the same protections. I was raised differently... in my conception of honor, yes... what they did was deplorable... but to them it is less of a problem. At least I was given a chance to help."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:47 am 

Her shoulders dropped.
"Rokugani culture consists of classes, it can be ...fraught with assumptions and boxes into which we are placed, castes that orchestrate our society...
I'm sure I don't need to explain this to you, I'm sorry, you're an intelligent woman, you probably know more than I do on the matter, seeing it from the outside as you do.
However, I am encouraged to hear of your faith in the honour of men."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:52 am 

"Merenae is not completely different my dear. The wealthy put themselves above the poor. The noble subjugate the common... but we have a different system of beliefs which encourage us to treat all human beings as our brothers and sisters. My family, while noble, strives to make sure that we understand our role as rulers as a position of service and protection for the weak. There are similar strands within Rokgani beliefs... just most of the time they are not as emphasized as some others. To question the actions or behavior of the Emperor or his family is equivalent to blasphemy in Rokugan. The same is not true where I am from. Good deeds are good, and evil deeds are evil... no matter who commits them."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 pm 

"Hai, the Son of Heaven's reign is absolute, his authority above reproach," she recited the words, though her gaze waived, and she set down her cup. "Still, I am excited to learn how it is outside the Empire. I look forward to where my travels will take me from here, once the Imperial fleet moves on."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:09 pm 

She nodded and took breath in, "I hope wherever you go you'll bring the goodness that is in you... despite what may be asked of you by others."

DescriptionTheme

Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3