Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: I Don't Know if You Can Hear Me... (D6, EM Room)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:42 am 

She chuckled and nodded as she took a sip of her coffee, "Hey Ran-san, that's where you were supposed to say 'you're not an old bird Berena-sama'."

She smiled and winked, "You'll hurt and old woman's feelings."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:45 am 

She paled and her eyebrows shot up. "Of course, Berena-sama, you're not old! Not at all! I'm sorry!" she looked distraught, but the edges of her lips curled into a smile when Berena winked. "You tease me."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:49 am 

She laughed warmly and nodded, "I'm probably different from a lot of the teachers you've had before... I hope it's not too jarring. I prefer a relaxed and open environment where people are allowed to speak their minds freely."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:58 pm 

"Hai, I am accustomed to much more rigidity, Berena-sama," Ran took a breath, taking in the warm aroma of the coffee. It was pleasing. Comforting. She could get used to this.
"I have always been one with many thoughts, and my note-taking, in my experience, has been critiqued for being too much. An info dump, if you will. It's the way my mind works, taking in everything, all at once, with no assessment of what is important and what is not. Everything is important. Everything must be catalogued and described and named. All of it matters."

She looked down into her drink. "Everything is connected."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:01 pm 

She smiled and chuckled once through her nostrils, "Very true Ran-san. The question is how we piece these things together... because in the wrong configuration things can turn from useful to quite dangerous. A disciplined mind is important, and the only way I know of disciplining the mind is to set it free and repeatedly test its limits."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:15 pm 

She nodded slowly, considering, and contemplated her coffee.

"What plans have you for the construction of the temple? How may I be of assistance? I am no engineer, but I am a fast study. I have experience... building ships. I could relay that into building a temple, I am sure. I tended the gardens at Shiro Shiba, when I was young."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 pm 

She nodded, "As soon as we find a suitable location for the temple I plan to make use of your skills, time, and effort my dear. I have no understanding of the specific things required for a shrine to a fortune. I respect the Lady Sadakaho. But finding things that would be suitable for her shrine that would both honor her and symbolize her efforts in life in a way that would please the priests that will occupy the temple is something that I will rely on you for."

Last edited by Muhaki Berena on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:22 pm 

"You knew her?" Ran looked back at Berena with curiosity. "Tell me about her. If you wish."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:26 pm 

She nodded, "She was the nurse-mother of my closest friend. He always said she was a simple woman... but elegant. He always spoke of her compassionate nature, always giving and caring for others. There was an inner grace and beauty about her that was inherent any time you spoke with her. She loved art and the creation of things that would bring beauty into this world."

Last edited by Muhaki Berena on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:45 pm 

Ran smiled tenderly into her cup, and listened, nodding slowly.
She sounded like her mother, she thought.
"We can only hope we secure and erect something fitting of her nature." Ran said tenderly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:55 pm 

She smiled and nodded, "I'm sure we will."

She then tilted her head and asked, "So do you have any questions for me Ran-san?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:28 am 

"Whatever you wish to tell me, Berena-sama, I am eager to know but I do not want to intrude. There is the generic 'where were you born, where did you grow up, how did you find yourself here' line of questioning that bodes well enough as an introduction, setting the stage for more individualized and detail-driven questions after," Ran offered a kind smile to the other Tortoise.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:25 am 

She smiled and nodded, "Would you like the official story or the real one? The real one will require a bit of discretion... since not all folks are too fond of gaijin in the Explorers."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:31 am 

"Does Berena-sama live a double life?" Ran leaned forward in anticipation, a smile quirking on her lips.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:39 am 

She smiled in return, " 'Berena-sama' was born Bellena Rosa de Quijano de La Cuenca de Los Rubielos. The daughter of one of the 12 presiding Lords of Merenae... a rough equivalent of a great clan champion. She was sent to train in Medinaat al-Salaam in the Burning Sands as a small girl, and was trained to be a scholar in the tradition of that land. Her father was granted a title amongst the Tortoise some time ago, which she received when she was of age. She was tutored by a man named Agasha Buntaro, and lived in the Burning Sands until she was 17. After that she became the first mate on a ship captained by Muhaki Saionji, the current Tortoise clan champion. She rode with him for nearly 8 years, before being asked to come and work as an advisor to the governor here of the East Port..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:19 am 

"Bah-Lena?" Ran attempts to pronounce the name properly. She leans even more forward. Eyes wide. Listening intently, like a child being told a story.

"That all sounds so exciting. To find oneself important and sought after." Ran gave a wistful smile.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:30 am 

She chuckled, "I can't say it's been a boring existence. And I have been fortunate enough to have found purpose... but so have you now my dear. Your story starts from here with a new chapter as well."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 am 

"I hope so, Bah-Lena-sama, I do," Ran's smile faltered a little, and she considered. Then looked back. "Tell me something about your past you are proud of."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:41 am 

Her eyes opened a bit at the question as if surprised by the implications of how Ran might feel about herself, "Something I am proud of? Many things my dear. Most recently... saving the lives of dozens of Merenaese workers who would have been executed back in Rokugan if they had been left behind."

She tilted her head, "And what about yourself Ran-san?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:55 am 

She nodded along, listening. "Explain further, if it pleases you. What happened? How did you secure their lives?"

Ran sipped the last of her coffee, lukewarm now, and considered.

"I have had many moments that have made me proud, doing work with my hands, following where work led me, taking care of myself. Most recently, the test for the favour of Akodo Meikuko. I wanted to see... what I could gain, from such an encounter. The Lion clan... let's say I do not agree with them, overall. I am at heart a pacifist. But I impressed Akodo-sama somehow, and secured an audience with the nakodo, who assigned my betrothal. That one simple action of impressing the younger sister of the current Lion Champion pushed me to speak to Muhaki Zazu-sama and join the Tortoise before the armada took flight across the sea. I am proud of myself for opening a door I didn't think was available to me, I was just a simple ronin when I entered Dragon's Guard City. Now I am so much more."

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next