Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:23 pm

Page 3 of 8 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: Busy Little Ladies (D7, LE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:09 pm 

"Hm," she nodded. It had seemed to be the case, and again, in hindsight it made sense for him to have hidden this knowledge prior to them leaving as it could have stopped him before the expedition left if Hohiro and his followers had known.

She recalled the Matsu had seemed concerned with this turn of events too. Perhaps he was a possible ally... as a Lion, he was a dedicated defender of the Empire, right?

"This is quite a difficult situation. We might need more than just you and me to help us. Well, we have Kenzo too... who else would you trust? Among the Explorers."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:21 pm 

She shook her head, "There are none that I would trust implicitly beyond you and Kenzo... most of them would feed this information back to Jama... and put a target on my head."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:32 pm 

A pity. They were limited to the three of them among the Explorers.

"Then we shall have to make do. Kenzo isn't one who understands politics much, but we can trust him." Though it was hard to find a firm course of action to grab onto. "Quite a lot to think about, then there is the matter of the temple too. We are certainly pulled in many directions, are we not, mi amiga?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:38 pm 

She nodded and chuckled, "Fate seems intent on making my life a bit troublesome as of late. But it is not without it's highlights. I have a new amiga I can trust... and I have the love of my life with me at last to help me through these times..."

Her eyes looked down at her glass with a fondness in her eye as she let out a single chuckle.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:24 pm 

"Oh~?" Utsusemi's smile came easily as she looked at her friend. "I would very much like to meet this person who can be of such great support to you... must be quite the personality."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:28 pm 

She smiled and reached her hand out to squeeze Utsusemi's with friendly affection, "In the name of full disclosure, I must admit... part of the reason I do not wish to see my clan's young lord cast aside... is that I have personal knowledge of his goodness..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 pm 

Utsusemi's eyebrows rose with some surprise, but she quickly understood, and gave Bellena's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I understand... he must be a good man, if you speak of him so. To meet him would be a great honour, as I understand he too knew señora Sadahako, but I understand if discretion and secrecy must serve for now."

She smiled a little sheepishly. "I am trying to compose something worthy of the new temple, for the new Fortune... but I do not wish to make something that would not be approved of by those who knew her in life."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 pm 

She smiled and squeezed back again reassuringly, "I think he would love to see such a piece of art. I am sure of it."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:52 pm 

"I can only hope to live up to expectations then," she chuckled. In truth, it was also because she wanted to push herself to create something truly amazing - better than anything she had done before - for only that would be worthy of a Fortune.

"We will do what we can to make something worthy of her, Bellena. Despite ambitious windbags trying to get in our way. You can bet that much-talked about shapely rear of yours on that."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:59 pm 

She chuckled and let go of Utsusemi's hand as she shook her head, "You people and the stories you tell amongst yourselves... I preferred it back in Rokugan when everyone thought me a genius rather than a prize piece of feminine meat."

She chuckled and looked up, "Despite how tempting it may be, I wouldn't ask Saionji about the shapeliness of my posterior... he's still got a great deal of Rokugani propriety in him."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 pm 

Utsusemi covered her mouth as she giggled. "My, I am certain he would give you an answer, in private..." It felt surprisingly good to have a female friend to talk with. Kenzo was good company, Sanjuro too, but neither of them were that suited to this kind of talk.

"Though I would not be surprised if it is that genius of yours that he is more drawn to than your body's curves. Not that I have spread such rumours, of course," she chuckled.

"Hmmm... although rumours might work in our advantage? With enough of them, it could perhaps make it hard for the prince to achieve what he wants here."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:16 pm 

She nodded, "It's possible... I'm not one who has ever been all that great at spreading rumors. It takes a bit more subtlety and care than I possess."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:58 pm 

"Something I am more able with. Rumours are the lifeblood of the courts, and I know how to keep some of them going. It would be hard to speak directly ill of the prince and his personal retinue, and I would rather not do so either... but I might be able to angle things a little more towards what we want to achieve."

Utsusemi turned the glass in her hand, watching the last few droplets of wine swirl. "It is risky, but then again, none of us expected this to be without dangers, hm?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:25 pm 

Bellena reached up to pour another glass for Utsusemi, "I think you'd have to be an oracle to think this is the type of danger you'd be confronting though mi amiga. I still remember how you rebuked me for asking about magistrates in Rokugan."

She chuckled, "I like this Lady Uxue better than that one though."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:28 pm 

"In the presence of an Imperial," Utsusemi reminded her with a smile. "Some appearances must be kept... something I do far too often, to be honest."

The re-filled glass was accepted. "It is a nice ring to it, no? I understand it means 'dove'?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:31 pm 

She nodded and refilled her own glass as well, "A symbol of peace... and some other religious things to believers of Kharsis."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 pm 

"Only positive ones, I hope?" she asked, hoping there wasn't some horrible connotation to the local name that had been given her.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm 

(In theory that last post was in red... hehe)

"Quite. The dove is seen as a symbol of the presence of Kharsis' spirit. It's a symbol of peace and comfort." She nodded.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:49 pm 

"Then I suppose I should be honored for this little nickname of mine. I thought it was merely because of my white hair first, or how my name might sound in Merenasese..." she smiled warmly. At least she would have to keep up some of the good work to not give the nickname a bad reputation.

"... I would like to see the church sometime while I am here. Is it open to visitors, even if they are not of Kharsis' faith?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:53 pm 

She smiled, "It's probably mostly a linguistic thing, but it is fitting when all added together."

She then nodded, "Of course. Kharsis is said to have infinite compassion, and would not turn away even the worst of people. The followers take that to mean that all are welcome in the church."

DescriptionTheme

Page 3 of 8 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next