Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

Page 1 of 8 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Busy Little Ladies (D7, LE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:08 am 

It had been quite a couple of busy days since Utsusemi last visited Bellena, though now that Sanjuro was alive and well, it was easier for her to also find the right mindset to visit her Tortoise friend. She was getting used to the layout of the two different ports after having spent some time exploring them, and safely arrived at the Hacienda again.

Dressed in the attire she had picked out when shopping with Bellena before, an aesthetically pleasing blend of Rokugani and Merenaese, with a kimono-like jacket in pale green and silver over a deep sea-green Merenaese-styled skirt, completed with a simple sash of golden yellow around her waist, the lady Agasha announced herself as a visitor and waited to meet with her friend.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Busy Little Ladies (D7, LE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 am 

Utsusemi was directed to Bellena's room where it appeared she had been doing a bit of intensive studying that had been somewhat sloppily hidden away.

Seeing her friend enter the room Bellena smiled with a bit of fatigue on her face, "Good evening Utsusemi-san. It's nice to see you. Would you like something to drink?"

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:52 am 

"Good evening, señorita Bellena," she did a small curtsy with some humour in her smile. "I am not opposed to something to drink, if it's no bother for you? You look dreadfully tired!"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:55 am 

She smiled and chuckled, "I look that bad huh?"

She then looked to the woman at the door and signaled for some wine to be brought. "I'm afraid we can't look all as unflappable and regal as you mi amiga."

Last edited by Muhaki Berena on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:05 am 

"Well, when you've woken up in the middle of the night and have hardly slept the past days, just to nurse your child, you learn a few tricks to keep up appearances," she gave Bellena a smirk and a small wink.

"Anything I can help with? To make easier for you?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:07 am 

"One day I'll ask for a book for tips if I am ever so lucky as to have to sacrifice my sleep patterns for a child." She said with a chuckle.

"To help? I'm sure you are doing a lot... It's been a crazy few days. I hear you and Kenzo went out exploring more of the island today?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:24 am 

"Hai," she nodded, answering all of the above. Utsusemi was weary too, and for a moment she let it show.

"For the temple. He told me of the snake yesterday, so I thought I would go in your place this time. I rather want to focus on that than..." she gestured vaguely in the direction of north, "than going off on some ridiculous quest for vengeance. Or seek to undo your clan's work."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:27 am 

She chuckled, "I hoped it was transparent to some... usually the Throne would issue an official proclamation when they revoke the duties of a clan delegated by the Emperor... but I suppose Jama and his 'judge' don't have any use for doing things in the proper way."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:33 am 

"Were he proclaimed heir, he might have been capable of wielding nearly as much power as the Son of Heaven himself. However, he is still only the second son and not the heir appearant... while he is the closest we have to a presence of the Emperor here, he is still not Emperor."

Utsusemi sighed as she shook her head. She had given her thanks to Lady Doji and her ancestors for having bestowed upon her the gift of a strong On, even in such circumstances. "It is lunacy. Seeking war with enemies we know so little of, apart from the fact that they were more advanced than us when they first appeared to our Empire."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:45 am 

She nodded, "And to take a group of teenage children... and put them in the courts of Merenae and Aqahba... it is beyond illogical."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:50 am 

She exhaled slowly. "It is relief to know you share my thoughts, Bellena. I should have known you would be the sensible one."

Utsusemi combed through her white hair in a brief gesture to compose herself. "It is quite a sticky mess we are in, no? Sadly, half of the explorers seem to approve of this too..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:58 am 

"This is what happens when an ambitious man puts himself at the head of your colleges and trains his followers to believe blindly in some intangible and imaginary 'progress'. They all develop the same delusions of grandeur and forget that for the past half a century there are people who have built the roads and means by which the Empire can see to its interests abroad... and say these people are no longer suitable to do what they have effectively done for more than a generation. In a moment of supreme global instability this man comes with his army of fanatics to pour oil on a fire." She shakes her head.

"And those who would even ask for clarification are immediately depicted as malcontents..." She looked to the door as the servant arrived with the wine.

"We live in interesting times mi amiga..." She took the tray from the servant at the door and brought it over before pouring them two glasses.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:05 am 

Utsusemi's fingertips touched her left temple, gently massaging it as she was thinking of this, watching Bellena pour the wine for them.

"Progress is more than merely going out into the world with a sword and a bloody purpose," she murmured. While many did not think it of her, Utsusemi was a progressive person herself, but she was not the kind that blindly followed Jama or his ilk. She appriciated the progress the Agasha had done in the past years with agriculture, and she saw the benefit to a more enlightened generation who realised the world was more than just one Empire... but as Bellena had said, this was now Jama's fanatics.

"It is quite the knife's edge we are on," she agreed on the remark of interesting times. "With a man like Zazu leading the Tortoise, an absolute toadie, if I may say so... I am concerned for you and your kin, mi amiga. I can see why the prince would travel all the way out here before declaring his true intentions... back home, if the Imperial court had known about his intention of war, it would have been stopped."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:05 pm 

Bellena tilted her head, "I am not sure war is his immediate objective... it is more likely that he wishes to use the Unicorn for his own war; a war of succession..."

She handed Utsusemi a glass, "And Zazu does not lead the clan mi amiga... he's a man that Jama has pushed around on the mainland for a while, but there are better men than him who lead us. Genjiko's son, Saionji, is the rightful champion of the clan."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:24 pm 

"A war regardless," she frowned, accepting the glass of wine.

Utsusemi looked at Bellena with a raised eyebrow, silently asking for her to go on. Zazu had been the one leading the clan in Rokugan, after all...

Last edited by Agasha Utsusemi on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:28 pm 

Bellena looked at the woman's non-verbal gesture and paused for a moment before replying, "Lord Saionji has been abroad seeing to the duties of the Tortoise for some time now and has been unable to return... but he is the rightful head of this clan. Zazu merely acts as a regent for our holdings on the mainland until his return. The rest of the clan abroad is loyal to his directives."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:32 pm 

Utsusemi sipped her wine thoughtfully.

"Has been? So he has returned now then?" she was after all, a clever one, so it was understandable she picked up on such words. "I have a feeling the prince will not be overjoyed when it reaches his ears then..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:36 pm 

"Perhaps... though it is likely Jama will want to find some way to cow Saionji if possible... which would most likely be reason for there to be no sign of Saionji's presence until the time is right." She said with a sip of her wine.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:44 pm 

The white-haired woman nodded.

"Then I do not know of this, if I am asked," she said with some firmness in her voice. Jama was already trying to undo Bellena's clan, it seemed, and if merely being silent could help her and halt the madman, then she would do so.

"A lot has happened since we last had the time to speak, and it was only a few days ago. I hardly know where to begin," another sip of wine. "Perhaps you do?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:55 pm 

She nodded thankfully to Utsusemi and then took a sip of her wine as the other woman asked her question, "There is indeed much to talk about... are there any pressing questions on your mind that I could help answer? I'm sure it must be difficult for someone who is not familiar with these things to have a grasp on the scale of them... "

DescriptionTheme

Page 1 of 8 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next