Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

Page 5 of 8 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: Busy Little Ladies (D7, LE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:26 am 

The comment about the snake is too much and a small laugh bubbles up. "Oh... yes, he did tell me about the snake. He was rather disappointed about that, even when I firmly said I would never let him bring it into the manor."

Sobering a little, she continued. "I am glad we both feel the same way, mi amiga. Happiness is a rare thing to find, I would never seek to take it away from others, and I will hope and pray that you may find a way to be with your beloved." Utsusemi smiled. "The lesson of the cherry blossom; life is short and we must enjoy these brief moments that are given to us. It is a rather popular thing to say in the lands of my former clan."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:38 am 

She smiled and nodded, "It is a beautiful sentiment."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 pm 

"The Crane are all about beauty; physical as well as spiritual," she chuckled. "It is hardly a surprise that Benten is the most revered of the great Fortunes there, and the Lady Sadahako will probably soon have shrines as well in their lands."

"After all, some of our artisans came with us here for that very purpose, even if they no longer bear the mon."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:47 pm 

Bellena tilted her head as if asking for clarification on who these people might be.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:53 pm 

"Some of the workers who came with the monks are former members of the Crane." She frowned a little, expressing sympathy for the circumstances of why they were ronin. "Artisans of the Academy, but their political leanings considered too... radical in the eyes of the current lord of the Crane. They wanted to give some more purposes to their life as ronin by assisting in building this temple; a little fitting, in a way, that they become artisans dedicated to the Fortune of Artisans."

"Sadly, my former clan is not a place to be for forward-thinking minds."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:58 pm 

She nodded, "That's a shame... I know only broad strokes, but I have felt a measure of commonality between the Crane and my own family at times... though the overlap obviously isn't 100% accurate with any of the clans to major families in Merenae."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:01 pm 

"Oh?" she perked up a little. "I would like to hear more... there is still much I do not know about the Quijano and Merenae."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:27 pm 

She nodded her head, "The Quijano are one of the more wealthy families in Merenae, and the bulk of our income has always come from agricultural produce. The 'Basin of Rubies' is what our home is called because the soil is responsible for the majority of food goods that feed the Kingdom... and has a slight red tinge to it that we consider more valuable than rubies."

She pulled her hands up and lifted a necklace with a ring hanging from the low-point up off of her neck. She slid the ring over the table; on it was imprinted a crest. She smiled and continued, "That is the crest of my family. At the bottom it says, 'Virtue' which we take as our guiding principle. We try to act with honor, compassion, and decency in all of our dealings. Our holdings are perhaps not as opulent as Crane ones... and our artisans are not as renown... and we tend to maintain a close relationship with our people that I don't see reflected in any of the clans of Rokugan. But we often have been the peacemakers and head of the moderate factions in our politics over the years... Something not unlike the Crane in many ways... Or... something that they potentially could be."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:50 pm 

Utsusemi examined the ring, noting the word of virtue. Be more concerned with good actions than great ones.

"Yes, I can see the similarities," she nodded. "If I were still a Doji, perhaps I would try to angle my family for such a more... moderate approach. Somewhere between the progressives and the staunch conservatives."

She chuckled softly, returning the jewelry to Bellena. "Be more concerned with good actions than great ones - the words of Lady Doji and the mantra of the Family. Do what is good and right. Words I still live by even after becoming Agasha. Not that they are opposed to the philosophy of the Dragon, who prefer introspection, and acting with care and an open mind. In a way, the Dragon seem to place more thought to how an individual is a good person, rather than how an individual is good for the greater whole... if that makes sense?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:57 pm 

She nodded, "It makes sense. I understand the Dragon to be a clan which seeks for some form of personal 'enlightenment' that helps people move beyond their current limitations... Definitely a belief that lends itself to being open to progress."

She picked the ring up and put it back around her neck, "The Quijano have often been conservative in terms of progress as well. But times change... and we have always been willing to do whatever we can to protect those who are in our care. That is why my father sent me to study in the Burning Sands as a young girl... to learn much of the outside world and provide insight to help protect our people in the future."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:12 pm 

"So... you will be returning to your ancestral lands then, in the future?" she asked, watching Bellena with a curious expression as she waited for the answer.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:42 pm 

Her smile turned somewhat distant, “That is an excellent question mi amiga... My resolve is to live my life out as a Tortoise and help my champion navigate the tempests of the future. But if a future of me being killed for trying to be a contributing member of the Empire becomes a reality... or my champion no longer helps direct the future of the Tortoise... I do have responsibilities at home that could give my life purpose and meaning... but as for my own volition, I am here to stay.

She then looked down and smiled, “None of us know what the future may bring... but we can strive to be a light to others wherever we are, and under any circumstances.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:06 pm 

"Mhm, the Tortoise do have a bright future with people like you among their ranks. It is a beautiful sentiment to have," she nodded in appricition of Bellena's words of being a light for others.

"... Have you spoken to your Champion regarding... other members of the Tortoise here? Both your new addition with Ran-san, whom I have full faith will bring much honour to your clan, as well as the less savoury types like Xabier. I can't imagine he would be happy about the mess during the meeting yesterday?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:41 pm 

"I keep him appraised the best that I can but until he can move about freely that means there is some lag between events and me notifying him of them..."

She tilted her head, "What are your opinions of Ran and Zabieru?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:52 pm 

"Ran is an absolute delight," she confessed with a smile. "Clever, hard-working, very knowledgable... she reminds me a lot of you, in fact, in many ways. Though she does seem to be more demure than you." Utsusemi chuckled a little bit at the friendly tease.

"Xabier... I do not like him, at all. Even his home is... creepy. But I cannot deny that he is an influental person on this expedition and thus I cannot ignore his existence. It is hard to determine whose side he is on, apart from his own, but perhaps he is not so up to date on Tortoise affairs as you seem to be?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:56 pm 

She shook her head, "He isn't... he's much more Merenaese than I am. These positions he holds are more a means to a different end to him. He's an opportunist... dangerous... but part of what the Tortoise have always done is make dishonorable men like him into something of value... I wish it was easier sometimes.

She chuckled, "And I share your opinion of Ran. I'll be entrusting much of the shrine's furnishings to the two of you.
I have confidence you'll be able to work together to make something of great value.
"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:08 pm 

"At least then you have an upper hand over him in knowing more of your clan's affairs, and current secrets," she inclined her head slightly, referring to the currently hidden Champion. "But... if he were to be a little more included, do you think we could direct him in a more... useful direction?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:11 pm 

"Possibly... loyalty is not the man's strong suit. He'll do what he thinks is in his best interest... I may travel with him tomorrow to check out the possibility of cooperation..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:28 pm 

"It is worth to have a look, at least, but I will leave that to you," she smirked, having dodged that particular person for now at least.

"Meanwhile, I will continue with Kenzo to look for a suitable place for the temple... maybe ask Ran to come along too. We did some more exploring today, but I don't want to settle on a decision quite yet until we have a good idea of all possibilities. Though... hmmm... there was one thing that I noticed today; I thought from what you and Kenzo saw yesterday, the volcanic activity here was extinct, yes?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:31 pm 

"Dormant... This whole chain of islands is a result of volcanic activity." She said.

DescriptionTheme

Page 5 of 8 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next