Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:16 am

Page 4 of 8 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: Busy Little Ladies (D7, LE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:55 pm 

"Oh, that is good," she nodded with some relief. "Anything special I should be aware of, to avoid offense? I only know what is acceptable in temples and shrines back home..."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:59 pm 

She tilted her head, "For believers of other faiths, or those who are not familiar with the teachings of Kharsis... I thikn they would be most forgiving with almost any minor misunderstanding. You are a polite woman who treats others with respect and decency... I don't foresee there being anything too big that you'd need to know. The Padre is a good man... I have known him for a while now, and there are fewer people who are as devoted to peace as he is. If he had the time I am sure he'd be more than willing to help you in any way you'd need."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:11 pm 

"You are kind to say so," she chuckled, giving Bellena a small nod. "It sounds like the priest must be very busy? Is there much to do in the church then, or many who need his guidance?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 pm 

She nodded, "Most people from Merenae or Thrane are believers in Kharsis. While not all may be active regularly...
there is a great number of people he takes care of. And even in his old age he always looks for more opportunities to expand compassion and aid to those who are in need.
"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:37 pm 

Utsusemi silently made a reminder to herself to bring along some of her medical supplies. It felt like the right thing to do when visiting a holy place dedicated to a deity of compassion... while she was no faithful to Kharsis, she saw nothing wrong with offering help and assistance where it was needed.

"Hm, what about knowledge? In Rokugan, temples tend to often be where scrolls and books are kept, if there are no libraries, at least those available to any traveller or visitor."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:40 pm 

She tilted her head, "There are some, but most of the library would contain works of a more theological nature. Also official documents for births, deaths, marriages and the like... seeing as those occasions are attended to by a priest much like they are in Rokugan."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:43 pm 

"Ah, I see," she nodded with understanding. "I was merely curious, as my brother-by-law lost most of the books he had brought with him to the storm, and I know many of them were in Merenaese and... Thranish, I believe. Not that I think I will be able to find the exact ones he had, but I will at least try to see what I can find."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:45 pm 

She nodded, "There are some books here in the Hacienda. As well as many down in town in the possession of wealthy merchants and the like. Unfortunately we do not a have a University here on Isla de Tortuga... so it's not as centralized as maybe some other locations back on the mainland."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:48 pm 

"Mm, no places that might sell books either?" she rubbed her neck, feeling already that it had been quite the exciting day.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:29 am 

"The cost would be quite onerous... I could let you take a look at what we have here; maybe even help set up a scribe to copy it for you at a reasonable price. I could send you some names of people down in town if that could potentially have a bit of their collections ready to sell." She offered.

"I have some books myself, but most of them are not related to cannons or firearms." She added.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:32 am 

"Ah, no, no," she shook her head with a small chuckle. "His interests are a little more different than my husband's. He even had books with poetry and songs in Merenaese and Thranish. Perhaps I should direct him to you, and see what might be of interest to him?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:33 am 

She nodded, "Sure, I'd be willing to help. What is the man's name?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:43 am 

"Agasha Sanjuro."

She sipped her wine. "Sent me a note today that he found a place to stay on this side of the island. At some metal workshop... 'Gutierrez y Compañeros' near Plaza de Diversidad. I will send him a note about this in the morning, unless I pay him a visit myself."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:45 am 

She nodded, "It's my pleasure mi amiga."

She then took a sip of her drink and smiled, "Don't be out too late... or Kenzo might be worried."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 am 

Utsusemi chuckled, exchanging a knowing smile with Bellena. "Ah, he probably will be."

"Although, I suppose I should be thanking you for the dancing lesson?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:00 am 

She chuckled, "He already tried it out on you did he? He's a funny man. Did you enjoy it?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:03 am 

She supressed a small laugh. "He is funny, yes... he makes me laugh, and it is one of his traits I greatly admire."

"As for the dance,"
Utsusemi looked down into her glass, smiling fondly, "it was quite an experience. Might be better to try again with music, but I quite enjoyed it."

In truth, it almost seemed like Kenzo was having a very positive effect on Utsusemi, as she even seemed more at ease with herself with each week that passed. Or maybe there was something back home that made it easier for her... even if it was no secret that she missed her family.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 am 

She smiled, "I'm glad you've found this kindred spirit here on this voyage. Spending time at sea really helps one gain perspective on what it is that makes them happy... what is most important. And for me, it will always be people."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:13 am 

"Ah, well..." she smiled sheepishly. "I've known Kenzo-san for a few years. He started working with my husband not long after my son was born, and he's been a frequent visitor in our household since then."

"Though I suppose it is not until right before we left Dragon's Guard City that we were honest with our feelings..."
Utsusemi sighed softly, "so you understand what I meant that no one can know of it. It would hurt him more than I, at least publicly... Ryuden-sama would not take kindly to it."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:20 am 

She smiled, "Your secret is safe with me my dear, as I have told you before. This is the nice thing about friendship... we both have the tools to ruin each other, but choose a better way. A more excellent and caring way. Being a 'gaijin' has its own drawbacks in relation to falling in love with a man destined to rule a minor clan as you can well imagine. I can hope for a future where we can be together... but that may not make it ever possible to obtain. All we have in this life is the short time we have been granted. I wouldn't seek to take even a single second of your joy from you mi amiga. And if there is any way I can make it any more joyful I would. As long as it doesn't involve carrying giant snakes that just tried to suffocate me I'm usually pretty agreeable."

She chuckled and took another sip of her wine.

DescriptionTheme

Page 4 of 8 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next