Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: East Coast Work (D7-EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:48 am 

Gusai Wataru reached the home of the governor of the East coast after lunch time, as the sun was settled for calm chats. The samurai came as the Commander, with his best kimono of the Mantis clan, and carried with him a humble present for the owner of the estate, trying to win him towards himself. Hoping it would be enough. The one called Juan Pablo Ildefonso has already proven to patron the mamluk, and Wataru hoped that he would also support the work of the Teppodoka of the Empire, at least find them a spot to train and work.

Wataru knocked at the great door of the entrance and waited to be attended.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

Post subject: Re: East Coast Work (D7-EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm 

The blase butler of the estate let him past the door.

"To what Don Juan de Almeria owes the pleasure, Senor?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:35 am 

The samurai recognized the butler as not the one he was visiting, and bowed in respect, yet not too much, "My name iz Gusai Wataru. I am samurai of Emerald Empire, and Commander of Imperial Teppodoka unit. I like to see Don Juan de Almeria plis."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:22 pm 

"You need to wait a bit, Senor, until I ascertain the governor is available."

...And the wait lasted half an hour, but in the end he was admitted. Th butler led him into La Finca.

"Don Juan, your guest has arrived." The butler was gone after this introduction.

The 'office' was more like a parlour to rest and enjoy time for reading despite having a desk and a bookshelf. Maybe in the real office there was some big map of the world Juanito didn't want to show the foreigners.

Youngest de Almeria nodded to Wataru, his expression definable as polite.

"What brings you to me, Senor?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:05 am 

Wataru stepped into the luxurious place that was the home of the governor. He had seen grand houses, he had been in the home of Asako Itsuo, and also Kyuden Asako as well, but this for just one person in such a humble place... it was so over the top. While he waited, the samurai stood and walked around the room, his hands to his back holding his small gift to the governor as he overlooked it all.

When Don Juan de Almeria, the youngest of the family, entered the room, the samurai went towards him slowly, and at a proper distance bowed in the rokuganí style to him, afterwards using the common gaijin ways of hand shaking to salute him.

"I am most honored for your acquaintance, Don Juan de Almeria. Bon dai, Don Juan de Almeria. My name is Gusai Wataru, I am Imperial commander Toppodoka I come to say hello, and to congratulate on your work in keeping the security." The samurai offered a second bow and his hands came forward with a small object on them, hidden under a delicate wrap of green silk with the mon of the Mantis. "I represent, also, Imperial safety keeper, and would like to have your blessing in helping island safety."

(OOC. It's been so long I forgot what I was thinking of bringing him.)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:16 am 

"Island safety, you say? Are you the one who is truly in charge of the musketeers of the Imperios? I haven't seen you on neither of the ships in the Puahu Mouth. Perhaps I wasn't looking close enough." He regarded the man sceptically after a quick nod.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:26 am 

Musketeers? That was a word that the samurai didn't know from his language, but he thought it meant the same as what he had said in Rokugani, Teppodoka. "Hai, They are my men, I am in charge of this new unit of Rokugan." He was in charge by name at least, although they had yet to prove themselves loyal to Wataru. And since they had traveled separately they had not seen him on the vessel, they had not seen him offering his own life when the maelstrom had hit the armada. They had heard, but that still didn't mean much to him, not as much as it had meant for his own Champion or his ship Captain, who maybe he had saved from fatality. "These men are strong and dedicated, yet in need of training and a proper trial. Is why I come to you, Señor Juan de Almería, I think we can be of use in peace of island as well, peace from outside the city."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:01 pm 

"I am quite happy with the security situation in the East Port. Between the Mamluk and Silva's Esperantos we're safe here." He tapped his chin. "But I think I would not mind if you patrolled the Misty Road a little. Some of your ships did that from the sea, but checking on it from land would be good too. Just small groups for now, and no fixtures until further notice. Is it satisfactory for you, Senor?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 am 

"It is." There was a grin showing on the face of Wataru as the deal was settled with the governor of the East port. He would had preferred dealing with the governor of the west, but she didn't seem to be a good match for the deal, not after knowing how she dealt with her port and the shrine of Kasuga. "It is good for the island, it is good training for my troops, it is good for all. I am happy. Sumimasen, Don Juan de Almería."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:14 am 

"Good, Senor. We can follow from there. Arrangements will be made, I will send a bailiff to show you the location." He looked at the man. "Would this be all for today?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:47 am 

"You are very gracious and good, Don Juan de Almería-sama." The samurai bowed once more, this time in the ways of the gaijin, though he trembled a bit, not quite sure if it was the proper Merenae way, "I will keep you inform and help peace in island. Thank you."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:53 pm 

And with that and some pleasantries, the meeting was adjourned.

/scene

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]