Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Treble [Day 9, Early Evening]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:27 am 

By the painted square, once again, sat Seppun Kaiya with a flute raised to her lips. Giving a performance that could very well have driven a Samurai to tears back at home with it's subtle, quiet beauty. A fair number surrounded her as she played, even as the sounds of other more standard musicians cluttered the space from afar with their own attempts to gain an audience. One woman in particular sat close to Kaiya, chin rested in her hand as she cupped her cheeks and watched Kaiya play.

Off from the main portion of the square, she sat in a place that might catch the passing traveler on their journey through this part of town. Allowing those coming through a moment ofpeace to seep into their thoughts.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

Post subject: Re: Treble [Day 9, Early Evening]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:35 am 

One such traveler was Muhaki Berena. She walked into square with a couple of attendants from the Hacienda. She set them to finding the supplies that the Governor required for his ball on the morrow, and walked over to a stall herself. The music helped to ease her tension on what was becoming quite a hectic day. After finishing up her business, she walked back across the square to see Kaiya was the source of the music. She nodded her head in greeting as she drew near, a polite greeting while not wanting to disturb...

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:28 am 

Kaiya's eyes were forward, neutral as she played and focused on the music. However, they were sent about as Bellena approached. Glancing off to the woman closest her, the one rested in her palms and back off to Bellena before resuming her attention to the music. Leaving the quiet, peaceful tone to hold in the air as the Merenease woman approached.

"Señorita! Nothing like a stroll through Sahat Rasamat to greet the end of a long, hot day. Especially it holds such beautiful music as to make your heart soar, straight to the clouds!" the girl said, a warm smile punctuated her words. "A woman such as yourself surely knows this," she stopped, looking to Bellena for a response.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:31 am 

Bellena nodded, "I suppose so... Are you with the Lady Seppun here today?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:41 am 

"I," she paused, breaking from her own thought for that of Bellena's. "My Lady Seppun wished for me to accompany her here today. I think she wished to show me something of Rokugani performance." Isabella held there.

"Are you acquainted with My Lady Seppun Señorita?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:44 am 

She nodded, “I’ve had the pleasure of speaking with her in the past. But she was accompanied by someone else then.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:46 am 

"That would have been.." she held her tongue for a moment, raising a hand to tap her chin. "Sakia? Sakia." Nodding in affirmation she lowered her hands to her hips, eyes to Bellena.

"From my understanding she needed someone who spoke the language in order to better communicate with the people here, and with nowhere else to go I was in need of employment. She's a wonderful woman with a good heart. I almost feel lucky that La Gata Salvaje lost it's owners when they fled back to Merenae. How I could go from hopeless to blessed in just a short time I could not have imagined."

"Anyway," she said, clasping her hands together as she walked about to Bellena's side so that they might face Kaiya as they spoke. Looking to Bellena with a warm, cheery smile. "Is there anything I should know about Lady Seppun?" she asked, a playfully mischievous look in her eye.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:19 am 

"I'm afraid I don't know enough to really be of use... We met once and she showed interest in Kharsis belief, but I believe it to be a more academic interest." She replied.

"Do you know how to communicate in the language of signs she uses?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:12 am 

"Not really," she said honestly looking over to Kaiya with a warm smile. "But I've picked up a little, just enough so that she can direct me a little here and there. Something about the woman is just a bit magical, don't you think señorita? How she's come so far in life, unable to speak like you or me."

Isabella sighed, appreciating only what little she could see of the merit of the woman before them both. Looking back to Bellena the woman brushed her hair back down over her shoulders. Wondering aloud, "It would be sad, a shame I would say, if there were someone that could help her in anyway but chose to avoid doing so. Don't you think señorita?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:14 am 

"I suppose so." She replied wondering what this girl was getting at, or if she really was just this unusual.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:29 am 

Isabella smiled her winning smile, at least that's the way they referred to it when she'd bring the next round of drinks before they closed up shop. Shrugging off her worries and looking back to Bellena. "I am Isabella, might I know your name? My Lady hasn't the easiest of methods in telling me such things."

Last edited by Seppun Kaiya on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:42 am 

"I am Bellena de Muhaqui. A pleasure Isabella." She said. "Let Senorita Seppun know I enjoyed her music."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:56 am 

"I will be certain to do so for you señorita," she said quick with a chipper smile. "Your family name, it is not one I expected of you Señorita. Then you are connected with the Rokugani in some way?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:25 pm 

She nodded, "I'm an advisor to the governor of the East Port. Appointed by the Tortoise Don. I've been a member of the Tortoise since I was a little girl."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:18 am 

"Then you are more like them then of Merenae?" she said with a raised smirk, at first almost like she was using it against her but as her eyes lit up and her smirk was transformed by warmth her teasing came to show itself.

"Not that I would worry too much on that, I have never seen Merenae for myself either but to hear my mother tell the stories of it," she sighed wistfully. "Oh, how beautiful it must be."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:37 am 

Bellena smirked slightly at the woman’s comments, showing patience rather than acceptance of the woman. Bellena quickly began to prefer Sakia over this woman. She smiled and nodded at the last question, “It is. Where was your mother from?

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:49 am 

"It is a small village, in the southern Cornejo lands with a small river that flows through the center. The way Mama speaks of it, I could not imagine a more peaceful place," she smiled. "Back there, in that village, Family was everything and that is something my Mama was sure to bring with her when she came here. There is nothing more sacred than family. To have that trust that no matter what you do, they will always forgive you. Sometimes, I think that is what is most important in a person, to be able to trust them."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:56 am 

Bellena nodded, “It is a cornerstone of good relationships. Whether they be family or friends.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:31 am 

"For those you work with, even there," she added with a smile. "Back when I was still was just a barmaid, not that it was too long ago as you know, but knowing I had someone nearby I could rely on when it was most important was good. And I did the same for them, of course, because it was only right. They could always count on me to be there when the crowd got out of control and the space was filled. In the end, I think that is why they kept me on for so many years despite being the only outsider to their... previous associations," she said with a shy glance off to the side, "because despite being an outsider originally I was one of them and they knew they could rely on me."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:23 pm 

She nodded, "I hope your new benefactors will be the same type of support for you. I knew Pavo and Rita well. It is a shame they had to leave so quickly, but it appears you have landed on your feet."

She smiled, "Well tell Senorita Kaiya that I enjoyed her performance... and as a fellow linguist I have interest in her language of signs that she has created. I'd be interested in learning more about it some time."

DescriptionTheme

Page 1 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next