Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 7 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: It's Against Qanon! [Event, LM8]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 am 

Business was better here than in the Hoof, Alhuddin discovered. Especially if he was doing this little trick of pushing his lamp exposition into the passageway. Someone was alway in rush toward the fountain, someone important and wealthy and distracted enough to not look where their feet go and so about to kick one of his lesser lamps, or even several. Money for damages were usually much better than the price of any lamp in itself.

When Alhuddin saw the crowd from the morning prayers rushing into the square, his eyes brightened; he gathered his haggling wits for he expected to earn today...

He didn't have to wait long for someone to kick a lamp, and beyond any plausible deniability! It actually flew all the way beyond the first channel, into the field of inner mosaics and entered a rotation on impact, whirling fast, drawing attention of the passersby artists and musicians...

[Up to 4 combatants and up to 2 non-combatants can enter this thread.]

Post subject: Re: It's Against Qanon! [Event, LM8]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:21 pm 

Suihime saw the lamp fly, and moved in that direction.

(Noncombatant slot)

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 pm 

He had heard of the beauty of the painted square. Having some time to explore the East Port, Anzai was dressed in the Merenaese fashion. He had heard the commotion of the lamp crashing against the mosaic.

His miscolored eyes focusing in the glimmering spectacle.

(Non combatant slot)

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 pm 

Ruqqayah happened to be passing through the square in the morning, looking for supplies for her room. The lamp caught her eye as it flew, though. Didn't it look... familiar? Watching the side made her head hurt...

Wait. She had definitely seen it before.

(Combatant slot)

Last edited by Iuchi Ruqqayah on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 pm 

Yasuhiro was in the area. He hadn't spent that much time in the Unicorn section of tow, but he did think he should increase his area of exploration.

It might of been a bit insulting to be armed and wearing armor, but the rumors he had heard of these people weren't the best. As the commotion began he stepped forward, wonder what exactly might of gone wrong.

(Combatant.)

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:16 pm 

With tensions on the rise, and in his role as yojimbo, even if not currently active, Kenzo was armed and armored as well as he surveyed the sights and sounds of the marketplace.

He turned his head, frowning at the unexpected noise.

(Combatant)

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:47 am 

The Yogo watched the spectacle with interest. Whatever it may be, it was a source of mystical power, a potential source to bend to her own usage. She checked her wards before walking forward with her left palm casually resting on the hilt of her blade.

(Combatant)

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:11 am 

[Closed]

In a swirling maelstrom of blue energy, the blue, glittering smoke spreading from the lamp started forming into a blue-skinned humanoid as tall as two men. Only its upper body was defined, the lower was still pure smoke.

"WHO DARES?"

[Each participant chooses one of their Mental or Spiritual Disadvantages and rolls Willpower/Etiquette (Courtesy) vs. TN30 (considered Contested). If failed, they present themselves to the Jinn and to the world in terms of this Disadvantage, expounding on it as if it was a virtue. If succeeded, they can present themselves as they like.]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:16 am 

Kenzo wisely kept his mouth shut, his lips pressing together.

---------------------------

Jinn roll will/etiquette, consumed: science: 6d10o10k3 33
Would LOVE to ready a pistol before combat starts, if allowed

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:43 am 

"A woman of duty!" Akarei stepped forward with her head tilted high. "I cannot be wrong. You are the salvation my family has been searching for!"

She tightened her fist. "Others consider it to be a curse. But I see now. I was free of distractions. Love would have kept me from making a name for myself." She held out her hand. "This curse then... Perhaps it was made to strengthen my name."

---

D8 LM Etiquette/Willpower TN 30, Choosing Yogo Curse: 4d10o10k3 21

Last edited by Yogo Akarei on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 am 

"I am Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome, a member of the Lion clan. For as long as I can remember I have been watched over by my honored grandmother Matsu Saori no Koritome. It will be a honor to face you in battle this day." The lion bellowed as he prepared his bow.

"Now tell me, who is it I face this day."

D8 LM combat etti/willpower tn 30+5 DC: 4d10o10k3 28

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:34 am 

Answering to the Jinn: Evil Eye (Willpower 3, Etiquette 7, Etiquette Mastery 5, 1VP, 2 CR, TN40): 10d10o10k5 27

Anzai was anything if not confident in his abilities. A certain sense of pride about situations such as these. A bow, followed by a smirk as he looked to the... the thing.

"Greetings and peace upon you, my new friend. I am Shosuro Anzai, a Scorpion and Stranger in these Strange Lands." He had been practicing his Mekhem since the Voyage. If not for his accent, he could be proud that it was flawless.

"I am the jewel of my Mother's eye. In fact, you can see that I have my Mother's eye." He pointed to the eye indicated with the painted stinger. It was sickly and vibrantly green, an unnatural hue, especially in contrast to his dark brown one. "And this eye twinkles with joy at the chance to meet you, because I've never... had a... friend... like... you!" He smirked as he looked to the Jinn.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:19 am 

Willpower/Etiquette, TN 30: 5d10o10k4 20

Ruqqayah suddenly found herself filled with a sense of purpose and connection to her future. There was something some part of her had known, but now suffused her with confidence.

"I am Iuchi Ruqqayah, and I carry a great destiny, one that the will shake the world," she said confidently, placing a hand on her chest. "My name may be cursed in the future, but there will be no one who will be able to say my life was insignificant. I will change the world."

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:45 am 

"Fascinating..." Suihime was very interested in the smoky man. He would make a very interesting study! She moved forward, in front of the other samurai, as a leader would, and bowed to the man.

"Good morning. I am Miya Suihime, captain of the Ashitae Maru and personal retainer to His Grace Hantei-denka" she spoke in perfect flawless Mekhem "what is it we can call you, being of smoke?"

D8 LM Jinn meeting - willpower/Etiquette(courtesy)+ietech vs tn30 (consumed: Science!): 5d10ro1o10k2 14

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:56 am 

"SO YOU WANT TO CHALLENGE ME, HUMANS? VERY WELL. I SEE WHO YOU ARE. BY THIS DEFIANCE I JUDGE YOUR SOULS SUFFICIENT."

The jinn marked its presence in their thoughts by tendrils of blue smoke without even casting his three-eyed gaze on them.

"I AM THE GREAT JINN OF QANON, TREACHEROUSLY IMPRISONED BY A SENPET SORCERER IN THIS LAMP! IT IS TIME FOR ME TO CORRECT THE WRONG!"

Around them, people were making the same confessions!

"I seduced your wife, Faruq, and I am proud of it! She was more happy with me than she could ever be with you!"

"I spat on the grave of al-Zebaris, cursing them forever! I will have my vengeance!"

"You are shit of a setar player, Abdulaziz! I am so much better, your master told me so when you were scrubbing carrots!"

Anger flared, hurt feelings turned to fistcuffs and shoe-throwing. The whole Painted Square was changing into a spot of violence and murderous instincts when vices of men have come into light.

[This is the combat to the end; no running away; combatants start 40' from the Jinn, non-combatants start 70' from the Jinn unless they moved forth. The maximum distance until the angry crowd blocks your exit is 80']

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:57 am 

[Please roll Initiative and give Stances, ATNs and other relevant information.]

Jinn:

LM8. Initiative.: 10d10o10k4 45
ATN30
Attack Stance
5' above Ground Level - enough to hit with a melee weapon, not enough to grapple.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:12 am 

Akarei looked at the others yelling about her and decided to draw her blade. She then pulled out her ward and slid it across her forearm. By the time it reached her fingers, it was nothing more than ash; the Scorpion was lit ablaze! "Away from me!" she barked at the gaijin around her.

---

Spending my Ward to ignite myself with Fires of Purity.
Drawn Wakizashi.

D8 LM Initiative: 4d10o10k2 16
ATN 18
Defense Stance

Last edited by Yogo Akarei on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:16 am 

Suihime was caught surprised when things turned violent...

D8 LM Jinn meeting - initiative: 5d10o10k3 27
Defense stamce
TN24

(Note - Suihime is at the front as she moved forward, so not 70' away)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:28 am 

Yasuhiro was fully prepared for combat by the time it came to that.

Stance: Attack
Armor tn: 30
Reduction: 3
initiative = 29

(Bow Ready.)

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:30 pm 

Initiative (Insight 3, Reflexes 3): 6d10o10k3 34
Stance: Defense
Armor TN: 24

The smirk on his face disappeared as the crowd began to ebb and flow. The air of violence filling the area was palpable, like a thick swamp, permeating everything. He hesitated, a hand on his wakizashi hilt, but not yet drawing it.

Hearing the words being slung about, he remained where he was. (70' away).

I should be one jump, ahead of the slowpokes. That will put me one skip, ahead of my doom. Next time, I will use a nom de plume... He thought to himself, looking about.

Page 1 of 7 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next