Login FAQ  
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:09 pm




 Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena continued her day of sleuthing by finding her way to a place where she could both get a bit of food and hopefully a bit of information. She walked inside the tavern and looked around the place as she found a table near the bar and called for an ale while she waited.

She was used to much of the rough and tumble nature of Thranes and their bars from her years as a sailor. She smirked slightly as she took in the familiar scenery and chuckled as she saw the belching parrot in the center of the establishment.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"Dinna fash, laddie! Ya'll winna next teim!"

Someone was consoling a broke, weeping drunken gambler lying on the floor of the establishment. Others were laughing. Berena earned a few whistles but the guy's dramatic flare was clearly stealing the show.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She looked down at the man who by his ostentatious display drew the gaze of the Merenaese scholar. She turned to the barkeeper and asked, "Who's that man? Looks to be a wee bit out of luck tonight."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"He be so into his whisky that he bet a jolly rumble with his wifey." Old Isambard chuckled. "So now there be regrets."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She shook her head and let out a bit of air as a chuckle through her nose, "Poor lass... burdened with such a man."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"Lassies need be carefeil who thay take." Isambard nodded knowingly. "Lads gete wallapers reight afteir. Whay Ay haveyn't bound. Ay ken Ay wadda be napty jobby of a-bound man." The old pirate chuckled. "Beit feir ye I wadda have treyd to thye depths an back. Yer me keind of lass. Ginger. Bound aire ye?"



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She smiled in a friendly manner at the compliment and nodded her head, "Aye, I be bound."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:33 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"A rue. Aw guid be taken." Moss sighed wistfully, then cackled. "A pint on me feir ye." Then poured her some beer.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:40 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She smiled warmly, "Thank you fine sir. You're a gentleman and a scholar."

She took a hearty swig of her drink and looked over to the man, "I was wondering if I could ask another favor of you sir. I've been told this is the place to come to hear of the best stories the island has to offer. I was wondering if there wasn't someone who'd like to share a meal with me this evening and teach me of the history of the island? I'd be willing to pay for both of our meals and all the alcohol it would take to hear some of the best tales. I'm afraid the records the Merenaese keep can be rather boring... I should know since I write a lot of them."

She chuckled once and took another bit of her ale.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:36 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34 pm
Posts: 724
The Scorpion entered the bar. The information he had from Akarei gave a starting point. Hawthorne was Thranish. He had heard of a Thranish bar in the East Port.

It made sense to go there.

Except he didn't know a lick of Thranish. Dressed in his Merenaese style tunic and breeches. His long hair tied back. He looked very out of place.



_________________
Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:18 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena looked over at the Scorpion as he entered and smiled.

Oh dear...

She thought to herself as she saw the fish out of water try and find himself a good place to sit.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34 pm
Posts: 724
Anzai was having serious misgivings about coming here. What had seemed like a good idea, all of a sudden, felt like a bad one. The Scorpion looked about the gruff patrons, but something about the air of the place seemed... infectious. A little charming, almost.

If he had any idea of what was being said.

Looking about, sharp eyes picked out the familiar red hair. Making sure to not bump into anyone, he made his way to Berena.

"Gomen, I hope I'm not bothering, Muhaki-sama." He smiled to the bartender, then in slow, very enunciated words.

"Wanu bee ru, pu ree su."



_________________
Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She smiled and offered a stool next to her, "It's no trouble Shosuro-san. Coming to practice a bit of Thranish are we?"



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34 pm
Posts: 724
"Something like that." He smiled to her, taking the offered stool. "I had heard this is the place to go to look for certain information. I should have thought better of it, since... well." He chuckled a bit, a certain sense of self awareness there.

"I didn't think my plan through very well."



_________________
Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:31 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She chuckled, "I was just about to start a conversation with this man here about some of the history of the island... if he accepts my offer."

She turned back to the barkeep, "Seems to be interested in stories as well... though not too good of a speaker."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:53 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"Dinna fash naw meire, lassie. Ye taek me feir a-deite, Ay beite." Isambard laughed toothless. "Thys wallaper, yers? Ay be auld beit weller." He nevertheless poured a beer for Anzai.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:00 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She chuckled, "He's a mate... my man be weller too. I'll pay for this one as well though."

She turned to Anzai, "Would you like to have dinner and some drinks with this man here? He says he'll regale us with some stories."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34 pm
Posts: 724
"I would like that very much, Muhaki-sama." Looking between the two gaijin. He kept the smile on his face, taking the biru in hand. Nodding his head, he raised the draft.

"Sanku yu, barutenda."



_________________
Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena smiled back at the bartender and asked, "Is there a table for us fine sir?"



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What Do You Do With A.... (D7, EE)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"Aye, haw cauld dinna be." Old Ise released his place by the bar and moved with them to another spot, carrying more alcohol for them and himself. He met questioning gazes with a broad smile. "We dinna drink lite 'eire."

As the evening went on, his storytelling became very difficult to follow because of the heavy accent, the age and his own preference to beat around the bush. Bellena and even less so Anzai could learn much by asking questions, the stories had their own pace. In general, they were meaningless. But the name of Archibald Dunfrey of the Eternal popped up at some point, and Ise mentioned the pirate map story, and the fact that many a former crewmember of Hawthorne's fleet have been hunting for the pieces, and that he heard that Dunfrey was one of them, so many assumed he had a part. Dunfrey was found dead on Los Muelles and buried expeditiously by authorities before anyone of the Thranish community could react, with the cooperativeness of local mortician. He later heard that the grave was dug up but he insisted that the likelihood the map piece was still on him was close to zero, so he didn't bother to investigate. But that point, Moss simply snored out and could not have been talked with that evening.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group