Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

Page 8 of 9 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: Bubbles, Blossom, Buttercup [EM11]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:00 am 

Bozu cast away his outer robe and hood, revealing a heavily leprosy-mutilated body to anyone who peeked, then gripped the rope he was handed, took in air and dived, keeping the chain close. After about 40 seconds he emerged, heaving and coughing.

"...Do-ne. You can... pull."

He then flopped on the bank, a hideous shell to the nucleus of hope.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:15 am 

"Thank you, Bozu-san," she said, taking up the chain and starting to pull.

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:45 am 

Kaiya had not shyed away, for reasons of her own she did not allow to become apparent. As it appeared it was not his shame or his form he wished to hide from, but their possible reluctance to witness such a sight as the mans ailed body. In some turn, she desired to grant the man that much respect.

When it came time to retrieve the chest from the deep, Kaiya stood beside the others and offered her strength.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:33 pm 

The chain actually broke halfway, but the rope Bozu had attached held and they pulled out a small, corroded but apparently waterproof metal box out of the lake onto the ledge. It actually had no opening, it had been cast seamless by a smith upon closing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:18 pm 

"Thank you again Bozu." Bellena said as she started to examine the sealed chest.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:12 pm 

It looked like it could be opened by a smith, or even someone with a crowbar or a stone and some power in their hands. The corrosion was advanced, however, so if a speedy corrosive was introduced it may do the work too, in hours or days.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:55 am 

Kaiya looked over the situation, the box, it proved annoying troublesome to the end. However, the matter was done for now and at the last they could allow themselves an opportunity of rest to turn to other matters. Bowing first, to the man that had afforded them this chance and allowing a moment of quiet to make peace with herself for what must be done.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:37 am 

Ruqqayah sighed. "I can bring it to a smith or something. Thank you again, Bozu-san," she said with a bow, having no idea of any I'll intentions in those around her.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:19 am 

Bozu crawled up to the back of the ledge and leaned against it, looking up. He observed the play of sunrays on the caldera lake. This far above, mists were not reaching and the view was breathtaking and tranquil. The man seemed relaxed breathing deeply, at peace... and probably happy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:32 am 

Bellena looked over the chest, Ruqqayah stood just far enough away, and Kaiya approached the man where he rested. Calling no attention to herself as she approached to look out over the beauty of the lake. Maybe, she might have even commented on it had she the voice but she knew as well as the man beside her how beautiful of a sight it was. Sharing the peaceful, silent moment with the man for a true moment. Something wonderful.

Blood sprayed out across the ledge, Bozu's headless body falling to a slump where it sat. Ending his life as quickly as she could. Before he could likely even register the danger, Bozu lay dead. Kaiya was knelt, having dropped to a knee in order to get the proper height for her slash and held her blade far out to the side where it had finished it's trajectory. Bozu's lifeblood clung to the steel still; leaving a definitive scene in place of the one which had held such tranquility.

Last edited by Seppun Kaiya on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:37 am 

Bozu indeed hadn't seen it coming and he had died without a second of fear. His face remained peaceful as his head rolled into the water, staining the blue into vivid violet. The blot of violet spread as more blood spilled onto the ledge and dripped into the waters inside the caldera.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:03 am 

"Kaiya!" Ruqqayah shouted, eyes going wide as she saw the Carnage before her that ended as quickly as it began. She stared down into the caldera, watching the violet color spread below, then toward the woman with the blade. She fought back the tears that tried to well up. That sort of emotional display wasn't for here. "Why...? He did nothing but help us..."

It was mostly rhetorical. It's not like she could answer in detail at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:12 pm 

Bellena’s eyes widened as the blood from the strike caught her gaze. After a moment of looking at the floating head, her eyes narrowed and turned to Kaiya. There was an intensity in her eyes that spoke her disappointment and disapproval more deeply than words.

After a moment she stood with the box. “Put your blade away. Or do you intend to murder us next?”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:22 pm 

Kaiya had already made her peace. Inhaling deep, exhaling, she slowly rose to her feet with her free hand searching for cloth. There was little surprise left for her here, just a little disappointment. It was true, in part, that she had hoped at least one of the women might have seen what she saw. Understood what she understood. However, their response proved to the contrary. They were blind to the danger that was presented to them.

Taking her time to carefully wipe her blade clean she returned it to the sheathe. Looking back out across the lake once more. Knowing the expressions behind her without needing to turn around, she felt it in the air and through their words. Had she turned around she'd only have a confirmation of what she already knew. Meanwhile, the lake remained at peace. It knew not the affairs of men, their dangers, it simply remained as it was.

Turning she willfully retained her inner calm.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:33 pm 

"I obviously can't expect an explanation now... but later... in writing I would love to know why you murdered a man in cold blood who had done nothing but been courteous to us and who I had promised that we would do no harm to." Bellena replied coolly as she watched the woman sheathe her blade.

"And I hope you'll remember how we get out of here... because after this display I don't trust you at my back on our way out. Someone who cannot control their impulses for violence, nor takes the time to discuss their actions with their peers is not someone I can trust to be at my back... or be at my friend's back. We'll deliver this map where it needs to go together. But your behavior towards a man beneath your station has been anything but honorable and trustworthy... and I cannot in good conscience endanger my friend or myself by trusting you as this man did."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:48 pm 

With Bellena's insults, Kaiya removed the wakizashi from her side and thrust it forward definitively. Where once was a cool, calm expression now lay a cold anger at how the woman spoke to her. To have herself questioned so, spoken to so, Kaiya would remind this woman that she is a Samurai and if she wished she could back up her words with something greater. Behind her eyes lay a single thought, a single truth that came out in the coldness of her gaze.

Do not dare insult me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:58 pm 

Bellena simply returned the look with an unimpressed look of her own, "I see... well I suppose my request for clarification from my social peer was a bit too much for your liking. Normally I would just ask and expect a response... but seeing that isn't possible I would have appreciated an explanation at a later date. In the meantime I think you can understand how your actions may be perceived by others as potentially concerning to those who did not find this man to be a threat to us in any way... and in fact we declared our intent not to hurt him. You seem to be seeing insults that aren't there. I think I understand you quite a bit better than I did before. At the very least this moment was instructive."

She nodded her head and extended a hand towards the path back, "Now, if you will... I must insist you lead the way."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:07 am 

Ruqqayah wasn't sure why she'd done it, but the initial horror faded as she looked at the body. She let out a soft breath. "I don't understand... but I'm sure Seppun-san had a good reason. It must have been important." She would, after all, face her own incidence of possibly having to kill an innocent person for a reason no one else might understand. If she couldn't make peace with this, she certainly wouldn't be able to handle that. "I think... if nothing else, one can't say she hurt him. It was probably too quick to feel. If there's a merciful way to kill someone it was probably that."

She murmured something under her breath for the man. He'd said she could trust Kaiya. She had to trust that. Thanking back, though... maybe she did have some idea. Her shoulders drooped a little. "Please... Bellena, let's leave it at that."

She straightened and headed toward the path back, past Kaiya, deliberately walking ahead to make the point.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:13 am 

Bellena gave Ruqqayah a troubled look. Then shaking her head she walked forward, a look of disappointment on her features for both women.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:15 am 

That this woman desired to make such claims of her, that she was untrustworthy and that she had no control over impulse was a great insult. One that Kaiya was not about to stomach, and one that would not allow for Kaiya to even entertain the woman's words while her honor remained stained. Either Bellena would be forced to retract these statements or answer for them. Be it now or at a later date.That even now Bellena offers venom in her words Kaiya had little hope this matter would be resolved now. Leaving the woman one choice.

Kaiya returned her Wakizashi to her side, her station remembered. Kaiya offered a nod to the Iuichi woman, for her words. Decidedly following the Iucihi woman out.

Page 8 of 9 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next