Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

Page 1 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: SURPRISE DRILL! (day 8 EN)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:01 am 

The docks were empty at this hour and most souls had retreated to their abodes...but that did not mean something unforseen could not come up!

He jumped on deck to surprise the men who were still awake

''There will be time to snooze when you are dead! If you thought you would take it easy taking the night shift then you were mistaken!''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

Post subject: Re: SURPRISE DRILL! (day 8 EN)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:06 pm 

There was a spectator to this spectacle, chuckling politely at the upheaval Susumu caused by night drills.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 pm 

Susumu barked his orders, preparing his men to defend against what would appear to be a night raid while remaining unaware of the observer.

That did not past long however and the captain caught a glance of the quartermaster during his evaluation of his crew's progress.

He frowned for a moment then moved towards Yajiden

"Asahina-sama" he said with the mandatory bow

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:42 pm 

"Gusai-san." Yajinden bowed back, staying completely polite. "Let me commend you on the level of preparedness you maintain among your men."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:55 pm 

I am sure you are not here for my men's preparedness.

"I thank you for the praise Asahina-sama but I am only doing what is expected of a competent captain."

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:01 pm 

"Certainly. I have never doubted your competence." He looked at the rushing sailors. "Would you mind if I accompanied you tonight in observation of these drills?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:07 pm 

Susumu was certainly suspicious but did not see any good reason to refuse.

"Not at all Asahina-sama" he raised an eyebrow "But I am surprised to see you here. Certainly you have more pleasant things to do then watching half-naked men sweat?"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:19 pm 

"Watching half-naked men sweat isn't half-bad, Gusai-san." Yajinden chuckled behind his sleeve. "I would have pleasant things to do but I thought that it would be too selfish of me knowing that even this late you cannot partake in similar joys." He arched his brow slightly. "Because of unaddressed concerns of course."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:02 am 

Susumu was not entirely sure of what Yajiden implied

''Unaddressed concerns?'' He looked back at his men for a minute

''I am unsure of what you mean but I might have an idea and you would not be here if it was not important.''

He returned his attention to the quartermaster

''Should we talk in my cabin or would you prefer to keep observing the drill?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 pm 

"The cabin just might be a more sensible option. I am sure your boatswain can handle these." Yajinden nodded.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:11 pm 

''Oh, he will'' he nodded to Graymane to take over for him before leading Yajiden into his very business-like cabin.

''So, to what to I owe the pleasure of your visit?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:11 pm 

"Few things about me or the Imperial Explorers in general have been pleasant for you lately, haven't they?"

Yajinden walked into the cabin and moved to the window.

"And the spiral of escalation has gone quite far to my best understanding. So we have two choices here, either continue as we have until something breaks to the detriment of all involved or sit down to find a solution."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:20 pm 

Susumu listened carefully as he kept an eye on Yajiden. When the crane finished Susumu...laughed?

Grinning from ear to ear the Mantis replied: "Are you aware you are the first one to come talk and is actually seeking a solution?"

Susumu moved and sat on the corner of his desk before continuent

"Saying that I have been discontent over this voyage and what preceded it is a great understatement...but I am willing to find a good resolution to all of this."

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:26 pm 

"Well, I have always been a man of compromise. My experience in negotiations, however, is that it's better to talk to a man that is bitter than to a one that is furious. So I had to be patient." Yajinden replied with a small smile. "That said, it might not be easy. I cannot personally address all the reasons that have bred grievances, but I think there is a chance all will be better off with an honest attempt."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:48 pm 

"Anger is a constant companion now, Asahina-sama, but it waxes and wanes."

The Mantis opened his arms

"I welcome an honest effort...what should be adressed first?"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:59 pm 

"I guess with your loyalty to the Prince and the Explorers, since this is the very bedrock we can build on. You have always had a penchant to do self-interested things on the side, and it is not damnable in itself as we all serve Clan interests concurrently the Imperial ones. Your ambition is as much a good thing as it is a bad one. The question which one is about to take precedence. There might be a risk that awarding you greater freedom will not work well for the broader agenda Hantei-no-kimi pursues. I wonder if you have an idea how to assuage such concerns, preceding any idea of loosening constraints that currently bind you."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:08 pm 

Susumu rummaged his thoughts on this matter.

"I will not lie and admit I question a good number of Hantei-no-Kimi's decisions concerning this voyage. I cannot help but take the selection of the captains as a personnal insult: selecting a captain and a first mate who likely had never had even seen the sea before the voyage over myself was rage inducing considering I was one of the first to pledge myself to this expedition. The Walrus is a fine ship but she cannot do nearly as much as the other four on terms of exploration..."

He let out a sigh, calming himself

"Then there was the absence of maps during the voyage...that was an incredibly dangerous choice and another insult. It showed that not only did the Prince not trust his captains it also showed that he was ready to risk their ship and crew over it. If we had lost sight of each other during the storm then half the fleet would have been lost of forced to return to Dragon's Guard."

He shook his head

"Then there is this potential war against Thrane...but that is out if my league..."

He paced around until he turned the quartermaster

"I am not sure of how good of an Admiral he his so I would rather see him Emperor. The Emerald Throne would suit him far better."

He sat on his chair and crossed his legs, hanging back, staring at Yajiden

"I think he is what Rokugan needs to face its future. I would not be here if I beleived otherwise and certainly would have not kept certain things to myself."

He raised an eyebrow

"I am no sycophant...but will this suffice?"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:38 pm 

"It is more than enough, Gusai-san. I could take issue with your outspokenness but in fact I appreciate it. Your are right that the Prince is not primarily a naval officer but an Imperial scion, and his actions are more dictated by his political agendas. At the same time, his goals would have been unattainable had he acted differently, and the part when you claim that he is what the Empire needs would amount to nil. There is already much context you don't know and you can't know, at least not yet. Let me just tell you that if you had been moved to a larger vessel you wouldn't have been the leverage the Prince needed to keep this fleet together despite all of its divisive dynamics."

Yajinden paused, looking at the compartments in the office.

"Do you still have a copy of the agreement on the Walrus we signed last year in Dragon's Guard?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:52 pm 

''Leverage?'' What was the crane talking about?

''Yes, I keep a copy with me.'' he rose to get the contract from one of the locked desks

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:56 pm 

"Let's review their stipulations. I am ready to revise it to better accommodate our current situation." Yajinden waited for the document to come into their sight.

Page 1 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next